The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

I’ll keep my fingers crossed he comes back because he’d be great paired with Hughes in the future. However the one thing I wouldn’t do is trade his rights because the value of that is minimal. I’d rather keep him and risk losing him for nothing than trade his rights for so little.

5 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Everyone just relax, he’s going to finish out his contract which runs for another year and a half! 

And by that time good luck to him getting past Edler, Tanev, Hutton, Hughes, Rathbone, Woo, Juolevi and maybe even Brisebois, McEneny, Sautner. Oh and whoever we might pick this year.:towel:

Edited by alfstonker

Tryamkin  could be making 3 times what he is making now if he would have stayed , Bad advice by his agent JB should have handled this differently ,but he didn't ,that's on Jim . Learn from your mistakes move Trade Tryamkin's rights and Goldobin's and move on.

Edited by vannuck59
42 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

What maintenance, he hasn’t played here for almost 2 years?

The bigger maintenance is trying to get some of the CDC to realize that.. and let go of their pre-determined judgement of a really fantastic looking Canucks prospect in Tryamkin.

Even hockey players should be allowed to make decisions that might be the best for their careers or lives without so much negative judgement.

Tryamkin hasn’t cost this club a dime in pre-development hockey outside of the NHL.

He played one full season here that had most of us excited to see more of.

He made a decision to go back to his hometown team because his ice time was lower than he expected to develop with, and a Coach that wouldn’t or couldn’t try to communicate with him, and only saying negative things about him to the press.

If your work is OPENLY not appreciated, do you stay in that environment or workplace?

I would leave too,.  work on my profession, and return to show those I was obligated to, that they were wrong.

https://giphy.com/gifs/spaceballs-i-knew-it-surrounded-by-assholes-XUIB6P3tg6PMA

Anyone who would leave a team to sign somewhere else because he didn't get the ice time he thought he was entitled to is high maintenance in my opinion. He wasn't owed anything from the Canucks. He, like all the other players, have to prove to the coaches and management that they are deserving of more ice time. It's apparent that WD wasn't convinced that he deserved it, so it's on Tryamkin to buckle down and work harder and change his mind. Not to run away to his home town because he felt disrespected.

Did Tryamkin leave because of the coach? Did Willie make mistakes in handling him? Perhaps, Willie certainly made his share of mistakes (especially with the young guys), but it's all a moot point because Willie was already gone when he signed the contract to go back to Russia. So the logic of him leaving because of Willie is kinda hard to understand.

Now if he left because of the simple reason that he missed his hometown and family, and he is happier there, then that makes much more sense. And if that's the case, why not just let him stay there and be happy?

• Upvote 1
On 1/14/2019 at 5:29 AM, alfstonker said:

In the same 33 game schedule.

Green this season 13 - 15 - 5

WD this season  14- 17 - 2

Willie of course did not have the elite presence of EP40 :P

Green of course did not have Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, Ilya Kovalchuk, Jonathan Quick, etc.... LA is hard under performing

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Anyone who would leave a team to sign somewhere else because he didn't get the ice time he thought he was entitled to is high maintenance in my opinion. He wasn't owed anything from the Canucks. He, like all the other players, have to prove to the coaches and management that they are deserving of more ice time. It's apparent that WD wasn't convinced that he deserved it, so it's on Tryamkin to buckle down and work harder and change his mind. Not to run away to his home town because he felt disrespected.

Did Tryamkin leave because of the coach? Did Willie make mistakes in handling him? Perhaps, Willie certainly made his share of mistakes (especially with the young guys), but it's all a moot point because Willie was already gone when he signed the contract to go back to Russia. So the logic of him leaving because of Willie is kinda hard to understand.

Now if he left because of the simple reason that he missed his hometown and family, and he is happier there, then that makes much more sense. And if that's the case, why not just let him stay there and be happy?

Willie takes it on the chin by fans who want to explain away why the club isn't further ahead than they hope for. If anything I would suggest that Willie sheltered the younger players more than anything else. During Tryamkin's only season the d-core was decimated by injuries. Tryamkin was 'forced' up the d-core rankings to pick up the TOI. Early in the season he was not in shape, refused a conditioning stint in Utica, and worked himself into shape. His TOI went from 12 - 14 minutes a game and was closing the season at games of 20 minutes of TOI. Does anyone think Willie was happy playing a rookie those kinds of TOI when the club was having a tough season? I think not. How many players in his career did he see have their futures destroyed by over deployment which killed their confidence. 

The unspoken expectation that the anti-Russian Desjardin would have continued his persecution of Tryamkin the next season. Seriously?  

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Willie takes it on the chin by fans who want to explain away why the club isn't further ahead than they hope for. If anything I would suggest that Willie sheltered the younger players more than anything else. During Tryamkin's only season the d-core was decimated by injuries. Tryamkin was 'forced' up the d-core rankings to pick up the TOI. Early in the season he was not in shape, refused a conditioning stint in Utica, and worked himself into shape. His TOI went from 12 - 14 minutes a game and was closing the season at games of 20 minutes of TOI. Does anyone think Willie was happy playing a rookie those kinds of TOI when the club was having a tough season? I think not. How many players in his career did he see have their futures destroyed by over deployment which killed their confidence. 

The unspoken expectation that the anti-Russian Desjardin would have continued his persecution of Tryamkin the next season. Seriously?  

Well said.

I didn't agree with all the decisions that Willie made, but he certainly had solid reasoning behind the decisions he did make.

36 minutes ago, Sweathog said:
12 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Well said.

I didn't agree with all the decisions that Willie made, but he certainly had solid reasoning behind the decisions he did make.

36 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

There was, nor  is there anything solid about W.Desjardins.

Even you half heartedly agree to that.

Chances are Tryamkin will return before Desjardins will.. that’s the bigger upside of all this equation and useless banter about the prospect.

Sounds like the kid broke your heart.

Edited by SilentSam
26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Deserved to be Fired, and was rightfully so.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1