In the early 2000s

Our d was:

Jovo

Ohlund

Salo

Allen

Sopel

Malik

I was always perplexed as to why our d corps wasn't one of the best in the league

Other than Ohlund and Salo those aren't exactly the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree. Maybe that had something to do with it? Or, it could have been simply a consequence of crappy goaltending?

needs to show something this season, or like I predicted earlier. The most potential I can see in him is a Marek Malik and this is max. Let's hope he does show something this year.

Marek Malik was a rock solid dman. As a 3rd round pick, Id be pretty happy if Tryamkin had a similar career path.

• Upvote 1

needs to show something this season, or like I predicted earlier. The most potential I can see in him is a Marek Malik and this is max. Let's hope he does show something this year.

If he ends up In the NHL as a regular at any point thats a good thing.

I dont know if this is a typo but Trymakin played 7+ minutes more than anyone else today.

http://en.khl.ru/game/309/46036/protocol/

Regainning the coaches trust after that goal?

I think it's silly to fret over his minutes... we're half way around the world. We have zero idea what in-game, health etc situations may or may not be impacting his ice time.

He's playing and developing. In Russia. Until he comes over here in say 2-3 years we'll have to be happy with a very partial picture of what we're getting in him. Fretting over it seems like a waste of energy.

It looks like Avto only dressed 7 defencemen and he probably got lots of PP time in front of the net but that's a big spike in ice time.

I haven't watched more than a few minutes this year so far but the games are easy to find online.

As far as development is concerned, I get the feeling from his latest interviews that NT wants to be the #1 D man on his team before he leaves.

5 hits as well last game. Since we can really only measure him for minutes, hits, and maybe shots (he doesn't score a lot) things are looking positive.

As a top two minute cruncher on his team in the KHL that should convert into a bottom pairing in the NHL. His skating is good for his size.

Edited by canucklehead44