The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t care what it takes, but JB should bloody well get Tryamkin back.  Having Willie D screw up and cause ?Tryamkin to leave is JB’s fault for hiring such a loser coach in the first place, so he is bloody well responsible to get our big Russian back.  ‘‘Tis really sucks we didn’t get to have him here the last couple years.  What other team has their top players race away from NHL contracts to play in Europe?  None!  That’s right.  No teams lose their top young players to Europe.  Tjanks ?Willie D, you piece if s*** of a coach.  You friggin’ ignorant, will not change your ways to keep our best players because you need to have Mga a .vy close, minor league.  God, what a friggin’ disaster that guy was.  He cost us Tryamkin!  How come more fans aren’t pissed about this?  

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Too many people give privledge to Bosses, and people in control,

to be anything but wrong Alf..

A superior position is supposed to mean that you know everything about your job and more..

Take Donald Trump for example..

no different than WD in my books ;) 

Glad you’re POed too SS.  Tryamkin was a steal I. The draft ny JB.  The more I drink, the more angered I get at both W.d and JB for losing our big guy.  No way should a top young player leave an NHL team and go to Durope.  I’d challenge any trolls on here to name another top stud like Nikita to leave after one season to go to the Duope league’s.  Seriously name one.  What the hell is wrong with our team!  How messed up we’re we to lost this guy?  It’s kind of crazy, isn’t it?  Cone on @alfstonker tell us another top young player who left his NHL team after a very success first year to play in .euope.  There are none.  That’s the proof that Willie ?Dumbo ears wrecked our team.  God I hate climax sask. 

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Glad you’re POed too SS.  Tryamkin was a steal I. The draft ny JB.  The more I drink, the more angered I get at both W.d and JB for losing our big guy.  No way should a top young player leave an NHL team and go to Durope.  I’d challenge any trolls on here to name another top stud like Nikita to leave after one season to go to the Duope league’s.  Seriously name one.  What the hell is wrong with our team!  How messed up we’re we to lost this guy?  It’s kind of crazy, isn’t it?  Cone on @alfstonker tell us another top young player who left his NHL team after a very success first year to play in .euope.  There are none.  That’s the proof that Willie ?Dumbo ears wrecked our team.  God I hate climax sask. 

For where NT was in his level of play as his first year with us as a rookie 22yrs old.. it’s not hard to see his potential and on it no ceiling. As long as he was being Coached properly, and as a young man to a new country on an unfamiliar ice size, given the allowances to fail, learn, correct,and grow..  he was going to be fine.

Lets not forget that WD’s old school type of Coaching did nothing for Jake, Jake went to Utica to understand the game better..

just as Tryamkin went home to his old team to be better.

I think we will see NT return as a beast of a player, in his prime of 25-26 yrs old.  At least I hope he does.

Everything to gain in this situation for both the Canucks and NT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He follows the Canucks adamantly,. And has said himself that he won’t rule out that possibility.

I sure hope you’re right SS.  I. That dismal season, the big guy was the only reason I watched us play.  At the end of the season I thought he was playing great at both ends of the ice.  I was totally shocked he left, until I heard his comments about the coaching.  Then I thought, ‘thanks Willie you dumb ****”. 

The last few games I have watched him, he's played a lot like when he left. Strong on the puck, winning nearly all his 50/50 puck battles. His long reach poke check is one of the longest in hockey. He has been in shape, never went back to his chubby youth days. What is worth watching will their playoff games coming up in a few weeks. We'll see his true compete level in the KHL post season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

The last few games I have watched him, he's played a lot like when he left. Strong on the puck, winning nearly all his 50/50 puck battles. His long reach poke check is one of the longest in hockey. He has been in shape, never went back to his chubby youth days. What is worth watching will their playoff games coming up in a few weeks. We'll see his true compete level in the KHL post season. 

From The couple pictures I’ve seen posted here if Nikita looks lean.  I bet he’s in fabulous condition.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

From The couple pictures I’ve seen posted here if Nikita looks lean.  I bet he’s in fabulous condition.  

He's fast but they haven't opened him up for many end to end rushes. They coach him in a more stay at home D style. Oddly enough I think we can open him up more here. On the smaller ice surface. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He's fast but they haven't opened him up for many end to end rushes. They coach him in a more stay at home D style. Oddly enough I think we can open him up more here. On the smaller ice surface. 

Totally agree.  The smaller ice is an advantage to the better players.  The fSter the game, the more they can separate themselves from the average guys:  both with their skating and with their smarts.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Totally agree.  The smaller ice is an advantage to the better players.  The fSter the game, the more they can separate themselves from the average guys:  both with their skating and with their smarts.  

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was amazed at how well he did adapt his game to the N/A surface.. he easily proved himself as an NHL ‘r .. and at 22yrs old Man Handling Benn like he did..

that was something special.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

No coach would have given him more ice time and no coach would have stood for a 6'-7" 240 lb demolition ball "dogging it" every few games. H e refused to use his attributes consistently so he was less the player he could have been. End of story and WGAF.

Stay off the booze, you just embarrass yourself. Tryamkin won't come back here because there will be no room for him and Green would bench a giant snowflake who didn't want to CONSISTENTLY use his size anyway.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, J-23 said:

Really hope, Tram, Hughes, Juolevi and Woo can take over the top 4 for us in the next couple of years.

Wouldn't count on Tram but I think all the others have a great chance of that. In 2-3 years I could see a lineup resembling

Hughes-UFA/Guddy/Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Juolevi-Woo

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

20+ mins a night.. assistant captain .. Captained the club at the start of season until Nigel Dawes returned from injury.

The kid is about to prime by all accounts..  his team is #1 in the KHL.. and was just at the all stars for the second season.

............in the KHL

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 2

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

............in the KHL

What’s your argument now?       ... I mean it’s obvious,.     And meaningless.

Your regurgitating yesterdays meal,.. 

A 5 year old can tell you the sky is blue.

The conversation is about a Canuck Prospect, and his current development.

(AFTER proving in a single rookie season here that he could stick,. And Benning offering 2 year 2mil per). 

Go on,. Spew your BS,.   The obvious being Your pointless negativity...  the sand box is yours..   

Watched the game today 2nd and 3rd period. tbh Try looked ordinary trying to clear the puck on his back hand 3 soft clears . He actually had more time to switch it to his forehand and get a better clear/pass. This is where our coaches would help him I think. Towards the end of the 2nd and 3rd he looked more into the game. He had 3 good poke checks, 2 on speedy wingers coming in and his long reach forced them into the corners.One nice poke check in the neutral zone to break up a rush.  There were 2 or 3  50/50 pucks he won along the boards, I think it's because he's strong and with a quick stick he wins those. He had 2 good hits, one clearing the crease during the pk flattened a guy, and one hit in neutral ice which was a innocent enough hit but because Try is a 'heavy' hitter (like Bubla) there was a second there you wondered if the guy was ok? When he hits, even innocent hits like that guys feel it, There was another hit like this behind his own net. (guy skated away gingerly) When he got his legs going and was skating great, one offensive carry from the point to the back of the net. He's like Jake carries it in good but doesn't find his options. Atvo won 3-0 with ease. One beauty breakaway by Gusyez beat their goalie in tight.

The stadium only held 5,500 total seating, I don't know if the league will be able to match what Try can make here.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Hey guys...….

How about we just forget the past, and consider Tryamkin as a Russian prospect that may or may not come here to play, after being drafted......

Sort of like Laranov, before he came over....we sure hoped he would, but we were not sure he would......

Let bygones be bygones……….It is an argument not worth happening...….

Let us just hope he comes and if not wish him well...……….

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Sad day when he bolted.  Embarrased our brass, so to speak.

But if management has given up on Try or knows for sure that he's not returning, why haven't we already traded his rights for a pick?

Does Try's value increase as he gets closer to the end of his present KHL contract?  Anyone know if that's the plan, or what level of pick is he worth today?

Otherwise it seems a bit of an asset waste especially given we're hosting the Draft this year.

• Upvote 1