Drouin

34 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

Boeser left circle for a one timer

Hughes point

Petey Right 1/2 boards controlling

Try parked in front

Bo as the rover

That's one hell of a first PP

Big attracts Big in front of the crease.. imagine the size of the screen Tryamkin would attract, let alone create.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Big attracts Big in front of the crease.. imagine the size of the screen Tryamkin would attract, let alone create.

And he basically can just take up all the space and who's going to even have a chance to move him. Boston used Chara there often and it was quite effective. And Try is more mobile than chara ever was.

Edited by 40Dangles
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Borvat said:

I wonder how it would go now with Greene coaching the team? 

I am not supporting the previous regimes methods or how things went down, but I am curious how Tryamkin would deal with the existing regime.  Greene expects certain things and buy in from his players or they get to spend time "watching." We have see this with numerous players. Some several times and counting.

How would Tryamkin react to all the video sessions, extra one on one practices, sitting out games, missing prolonged periods of a game when Greene will bench/sit players if their play was not deserving of ice time? Greene does employ some tough love at times. 

I am not certain things would fair much better unless Tryamkin is prepared to put in the work and check his ego/expectations.  It would be a bad thing for team chemistry and what they are trying to build if he cant.

I think the difference would be Green has good communication and good reasons, so the play who sits out knows why they are sitting, as do most of us fans. With Willie it wasn't so much like that. I think it was goldie who scored his first nhl goal then sat for the rest of the game for who knows why, even Tryamkin mention this once in one of his interviews since he left. Tryamkin was sat when he first arrived because his conditioning wasn't up to snuff. Did he pout? No he worked his butt off and got into game shape. So I think when he comes back he's going to be a good player for us, Green properly pushing his deficiencies and Tree getting better in return. 

Also I just love him as a player haha Such a unique mix of huge size and good mobility

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think his game (and it’s good) in the KHL might be plateauing,. Might thought process behind this is the size of the ice surface..

the bigger ice leaves playmaking almost telegraphic,. There is a predictability with so much room.

I do think that Tryamkins game here in NAmerica would take two steps forward,. he is too fast for it not to.. his gap coverage usually ends up punishing.

we saw that here.

I am a tad more tentative on Tryamkin than you are. Sayin that I realize that the Canucks have to get bigger so luring him back for another NHL crack would be worth it. If he made a successful comeback it changes the whole back end in a major way. I consider the timeline to CUP competition 3 years away. Tryamkin comes back and integrates well and that time frame shrinks a year at least. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Any word on Tryamkin lately, how’s he been playing? 

I missed today's game (they lost 3-2 to MMG,  Tryamkin with 5 SOG)

Last couple of games I caught the last two periods of each and the way I would describe his play is steady eddie, nothing flashy (although 2 games ago he did have a beauty stretch pass). He's on the PK 1, 

On the KHL ice I think his reach is one of his biggest weapons. It's harder to get the huge hits like here.

One thing I like is how he keeps the puck in the zone. Manages his blueline well, because of his size it's harder for their forwards to push him out of the zone. He keeps plays alive for a bit longer.

I think  Atvo they are just kind of coasting right now as they are guaranteed a playoff spot. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 4

NHL Defensemen, aged 23-26, 6'4 or taller  

Let's look at the Defensemen that have already proven themselves in the NHL and ignore the guys that haven't earned regular playing time.  

Let's also ignore the top 4 guys on that list who are clearly better then Tryamkin (Dougie Hamilton, Parayko, Seth Jones and Ristolainen).  

The salary ranges between 2.15 mil/season to 3.85 mil/season so based on that I think that Tryamkin will get about 3.5 mil/season if he does choose to come back in a year and a half. 

20 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

NHL Defensemen, aged 23-26, 6'4 or taller  

Let's look at the Defensemen that have already proven themselves in the NHL and ignore the guys that haven't earned regular playing time.  

Let's also ignore the top 4 guys on that list who are clearly better then Tryamkin (Dougie Hamilton, Parayko, Seth Jones and Ristolainen).  

The salary ranges between 2.15 mil/season to 3.85 mil/season so based on that I think that Tryamkin will get about 3.5 mil/season if he does choose to come back in a year and a half. 

That's approx. USD $44,304.00 per inch.  Sounds about right but doesn't compare to the $2,914,304.00 Rubles per inch in the KHL. 

Edited by Borvat
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Okay, go ahead and explain to me after the Sharks game that Tryamkin will not be able to crack this Canucks' defence in a year or two. 

Yup. What do we have to do to tempt, lure, & attract Tryamkin back to stay & be happy doing so?

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Okay, go ahead and explain to me after the Sharks game that Tryamkin will not be able to crack this Canucks' defence in a year or two. 

In fairness, that's without Edler, Hughes, Juolevi, Brisebois or a possible UFA or trade. 

It's likely going to be far more crowded and harder to crack than it is today and with Edler out.

This team has always needed a proven #1 D man.

Neither Edler or Tanev are #1’s.. barely #2’ s at times.

Hughes is not here, or proven at this level, nor Joulevi, Brisboise, Rathbone or Woo.

UFA is the only way to address this problem, or wait 3-5 years for the possibility of a prospect being that.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This team has always needed a proven #1 D man.

Neither Edler or Tanev are #1’s.. barely #2’ s at times.

Hughes is not here, or proven at this level, nor Joulevi, Brisboise, Rathbone or Woo.

UFA is the only way to address this problem, or wait 3-5 years for the possibility of a prospect being that.

So... Karlsson.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Can you just imagine what a difference he would make to the defense corps of the Canucks. If JB could pull that off it would be another one of his crowning achievements.

I'm 98% sure he's extending in SJS but I'd absolutely LOVE it if he came here. Adding him and Hughes in one summer would absolutely revolutionize our D and with Juolevi hopefully not far behind... :wub:

• Upvote 2