Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Drouin

Recommended Posts

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:18 AM, Boudrias said:

I take all reports from the KHL with a grain of salt. I agree that going back to the KHL for 2 years, probably 3, likely ended his NHL op. My view of all Canuck prospects is whether they can contribute towards a CUP contender. Tryamkin had that potential when he came over. Time in the KHL since then is not a plus. Hard enough for any player to develop to elite status. IMHO it is more likely that Try is passed on the depth chart by the existing pool. If he were to come back fans have to consider how long it would take to get him up to NHL top 4. 

I have heard this before...…...I have a hard time understanding this...……..

 

Think about it this way...………….a guy breaks his leg and is out a season...……..does he regress if his leg is well?

or

Maybe Radulov's case history...…...doesn't seem to be bothering him too much.matter of fact he is improving his PPG over the last 3 years

or

Or think of it this way...…………….playing in the SHL did not in any way stunt Pettersson's development

 

I think there are many other examples...…...I think it is individual, and how he is utilized, when he returns, for the beginning ………………...

 

I do not think that is what I would worry about...…………..contract demands is what I would worry about...…….

He is going to want at least 3 M and for term (at least)...……..that is the concern

 

 

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Ya he's an idiot. I can see wd asking him to play a physical aggressive game but I can't imagine him getting him to play "dirty".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

 

Funny thing is that WD explained to the press that there was no time for video sessions at this level.

Green seems to be able to offer it upon request.

WD explained to the press that he didn’t talk to Tryamkin.. he would go through the Sedins’ to do that.

 

This, I have not heard before...……………...if true, that would have been the worse possible thing

 

I have taken advanced Coaching clinics, with assistant NHL coaches, and U 17 and U20 coaches, and the one message they keep on repeating is communication, and the second biggest point is...……..communication! If it was that bad, they should have got an interpreter or got Nikita English lessens, but  maaaaaaan!

 

Also, I echo the question about video, in todays technology????? really? Impatience is a human quality, and can be shown by anyone, including head coaches...………...

Sounds to me like WD just did not appreciate the guy...…………………..I put that on Benning, that got to watch the games from above...……………...these things should not have been issues...………….

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I have heard this before...…...I have a hard time understanding this...……..

 

Think about it this way...………….a guy breaks his leg and is out a season...……..does he regress if his leg is well?

or

Maybe Radulov's case history...…...doesn't seem to be bothering him too much.matter of fact he is improving his PPG over the last 3 years

or

Or think of it this way...…………….playing in the SHL did not in any way stunt Pettersson's development

 

I think there are many other examples...…...I think it is individual, and how he is utilized, when he returns, for the beginning ………………...

 

I do not think that is what I would worry about...…………..contract demands is what I would worry about...…….

He is going to want at least 3 M and for term (at least)...……..that is the concern

 

 

Fair enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Ya he's an idiot. I can see wd asking him to play a physical aggressive game but I can't imagine him getting him to play "dirty".

The thing was, Tryamkin was already the most physical player on the Team.. I believe he was around 12 to 15th in league hits that season..

Tryamkin is not mean, but he is aggressive..

His offset to meanness, is his skating ability. That raises his potential offensively,. If the right Coach see’s that and works him into situations that develop it, the kid could get big points.

Eg.  Take the PP.. in the past NT has been used effectively on it in the KHL,.  right in front of the net.

but how about this set play revised? :  the PP, out of defensive zone,.  And the pass back to the speeding player to take into the offensive zone,.

how do you stop 6’7 260 going 50kmh?

you don’t.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

This, I have not heard before...……………...if true, that would have been the worse possible thing

 

I have taken advanced Coaching clinics, with assistant NHL coaches, and U 17 and U20 coaches, and the one message they keep on repeating is communication, and the second biggest point is...……..communication! If it was that bad, they should have got an interpreter or got Nikita English lessens, but  maaaaaaan!

 

Also, I echo the question about video, in todays technology????? really? Impatience is a human quality, and can be shown by anyone, including head coaches...………...

Sounds to me like WD just did not appreciate the guy...…………………..I put that on Benning, that got to watch the games from above...……………...these things should not have been issues...………….

I do remember seeing some heated discussion in the rafters between Linden and JB before Christmas, the end of season Desjardins was fired.

just my opinion but I think Linden has the more protective, nurturing personality.. and would protect a Coach to an end rather than make one.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I do remember seeing some heated discussion in the rafters between Linden and JB before Christmas, the end of season Desjardins was fired.

just my opinion but I think Linden has the more protective, nurturing personality.. and would protect a Coach to an end rather than make one.

Who thought what or when is simply speculation,  but you mention his skating and I'd agree. I was amazed how quick he could reduce the gap on a winger coming down on him and end up crushing the guy against the boards. It was clear for every one to see. As a reference Gudbransons feet are heavy and sluggish. That takes light feet to do that and Tryamkin could do that. On the end boards he could overpower opponents simply due to his size and strength. There is no other candidate in the Vcr group that can do this. As to playing in the KHL, playing in a lessor league does not improve skills, being challenged does. To my way of thinking he needs a sponsor to explain what is expected of him, his life style, his diet, his conditioning. Goldobin has it with Larionov and Tryamkin could better himself with a respected advocate

  • Hydration 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Who thought what or when is simply speculation,  but you mention his skating and I'd agree. I was amazed how quick he could reduce the gap on a winger coming down on him and end up crushing the guy against the boards. It was clear for every one to see. As a reference Gudbransons feet are heavy and sluggish. That takes light feet to do that and Tryamkin could do that. On the end boards he could overpower opponents simply due to his size and strength. There is no other candidate in the Vcr group that can do this. As to playing in the KHL, playing in a lessor league does not improve skills, being challenged does. To my way of thinking he needs a sponsor to explain what is expected of him, his life style, his diet, his conditioning. Goldobin has it with Larionov and Tryamkin could better himself with a respected advocate

I think his game (and it’s good) in the KHL might be plateauing,. Might thought process behind this is the size of the ice surface..

the bigger ice leaves playmaking almost telegraphic,. There is a predictability with so much room.

I do think that Tryamkins game here in NAmerica would take two steps forward,. he is too fast for it not to.. his gap coverage usually ends up punishing.

we saw that here.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

The thing was, Tryamkin was already the most physical player on the Team.. I believe he was around 12 to 15th in league hits that season..

Tryamkin is not mean, but he is aggressive..

His offset to meanness, is his skating ability. That raises his potential offensively,. If the right Coach see’s that and works him into situations that develop it, the kid could get big points.

Eg.  Take the PP.. in the past NT has been used effectively on it in the KHL,.  right in front of the net.

but how about this set play revised? :  the PP, out of defensive zone,.  And the pass back to the speeding player to take into the offensive zone,.

how do you stop 6’7 260 going 50kmh?

you don’t.

Boeser left circle for a one timer

Hughes point

Petey Right 1/2 boards controlling

Try parked in front

Bo as the rover

 

That's one hell of a first PP

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

Boeser left circle for a one timer

Hughes point

Petey Right 1/2 boards controlling

Try parked in front

Bo as the rover

 

That's one hell of a first PP

Big attracts Big in front of the crease.. imagine the size of the screen Tryamkin would attract, let alone create.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Big attracts Big in front of the crease.. imagine the size of the screen Tryamkin would attract, let alone create.

And he basically can just take up all the space and who's going to even have a chance to move him. Boston used Chara there often and it was quite effective. And Try is more mobile than chara ever was.

Edited by 40Dangles
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Borvat said:

I wonder how it would go now with Greene coaching the team? 

 

I am not supporting the previous regimes methods or how things went down, but I am curious how Tryamkin would deal with the existing regime.  Greene expects certain things and buy in from his players or they get to spend time "watching." We have see this with numerous players. Some several times and counting.

 

How would Tryamkin react to all the video sessions, extra one on one practices, sitting out games, missing prolonged periods of a game when Greene will bench/sit players if their play was not deserving of ice time? Greene does employ some tough love at times. 

 

I am not certain things would fair much better unless Tryamkin is prepared to put in the work and check his ego/expectations.  It would be a bad thing for team chemistry and what they are trying to build if he cant.

I think the difference would be Green has good communication and good reasons, so the play who sits out knows why they are sitting, as do most of us fans. With Willie it wasn't so much like that. I think it was goldie who scored his first nhl goal then sat for the rest of the game for who knows why, even Tryamkin mention this once in one of his interviews since he left. Tryamkin was sat when he first arrived because his conditioning wasn't up to snuff. Did he pout? No he worked his butt off and got into game shape. So I think when he comes back he's going to be a good player for us, Green properly pushing his deficiencies and Tree getting better in return. 

 

Also I just love him as a player haha Such a unique mix of huge size and good mobility

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think his game (and it’s good) in the KHL might be plateauing,. Might thought process behind this is the size of the ice surface..

the bigger ice leaves playmaking almost telegraphic,. There is a predictability with so much room.

I do think that Tryamkins game here in NAmerica would take two steps forward,. he is too fast for it not to.. his gap coverage usually ends up punishing.

we saw that here.

I am a tad more tentative on Tryamkin than you are. Sayin that I realize that the Canucks have to get bigger so luring him back for another NHL crack would be worth it. If he made a successful comeback it changes the whole back end in a major way. I consider the timeline to CUP competition 3 years away. Tryamkin comes back and integrates well and that time frame shrinks a year at least. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...