The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Well, I checked the KHL legal regulations (link http://www.khl.ru/documents/KHL_legal_regulations_2014-2017.pdf for those reading in Russian) and the easiest way for buyout would be by mutual agreement between a player and a club under article 32 (with or without compensation to the club). In this case the club seems to abandon RFA rights to the player - at least the regulations don't mention it. I am not sure if Avto would give up its rights to Tryamkin so easy.

The next way would be contract buyout by the player's request under article 31. Application must be submitted 9 months before the contract expire date, that in Tryamkin's case should be before Aug. 1. The player has to pay compensation to the club (2/3 of remaining contract amount). More importantly, the club may keep RFA rights to the player by providing player with QO even if previous contract is bought out. So basically this is between the player and the club, and we know that Tryamkin is loyal to his contractual obligations.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where he gets this idea that Tryamkin is coming to Canucks next year...

His contract is up after this season. He stated he wishes to come over to North America after that.

He'll have to make the team first though, and I don't think he intends to play in the AHL from the sounds of it.

His contract is up after this season. He stated he wishes to come over to North America after that.

He'll have to make the team first though, and I don't think he intends to play in the AHL from the sounds of it.

He also said he might sign an extension in the KHL.

Iain MacIntyre ‏@imacVanSun 8h8 hours ago

So, Alex Biega is 8th D, Taylor Fedun 9th. Subban is an AHL rook, Tryamkin expected over from KHL next year. Brisebois eventually.

5 retweets 3 favorites
Not sure where he gets this idea that Tryamkin is coming to Canucks next year...

Where's Pedan, this is his last year before waivers, he's getting an NHL look for sure.

I don't think he would have bothered coming to the draft if he really wanted to just play in Russia. I think he'll be in camp next year, trying to earn a spot.

Yeah, and met with the Canuck brass afterwards, too. I'd expect to hear him signing an ELC at the end of the season and see him here next year, too. Very encouraging to see him getting so many minutes now. Who knows how his game will translate or how quickly he will adapt, but I love his mobility. Get him to play a simple game and with Pedan nearing readiness we are going to have a pretty nice D-corps shaping up in a couple years.

KHL can pay a lot more than the AHL, I'm sure. So that's a big factor. For a lot os Russian guys if they think they can play in the KHL they are too good for the AHL.

I hope he is too good for the AHL.

KHL can pay a lot more than the AHL, I'm sure. So that's a big factor. For a lot os Russian guys if they think they can play in the KHL they are too good for the AHL.

I hope he is too good for the AHL.

Yes, money is the big factor. He is playing out last year of his ELC contract in KHL and next one would be a lot different. Minimum salary for KHL players in age 21 and older is about 500,000 USD (with current dollar/rouble rate) while in AHL it is 50,000. He stated earlier in his interview that he was not going to play in AHL. Maybe he would agree to play there with one way contract signed by Canucks... His current KHL contract expires on April 30, 2016.

Yes, money is the big factor. He is playing out last year of his ELC contract in KHL and next one would be a lot different. Minimum salary for KHL players in age 21 and older is about 500,000 USD (with current dollar/rouble rate) while in AHL it is 50,000. He stated earlier in his interview that he was not going to play in AHL. Maybe he would agree to play there with one way contract signed by Canucks... His current KHL contract expires on April 30, 2016.

Article 9.4 of the NHL's Collective Bargaining Agreement provides that entry level contracts must be 2-way and sets a maximum amount of $70,000 for play in the minors. It is set out below.

9.4 Minor League Compensation. Each SPC entered into with a Rookie in the Entry Level

System shall automatically be deemed to be a "two way" SPC with a minor league salary equal

to the Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary set forth in such SPC or, if no minor league salary is set

forth, the greater of (i) $35,000 and (ii) the minimum minor league salary provided for Players in

the Minors; provided, however, in no event may such an SPC provide for minor league

compensation, including any bonuses for games played, greater than the amount indicated on the

following chart:

ARTICLE 9 9.5-9.7

Draft Year

Maximum Minor League

Compensation

2005 US$ 62,500

2006 US$ 62,500

2007 US$ 65,000

2008 US$ 65,000

2009 US$ 67,500

2010 US$ 67,500

2011 - 2022 US$ 70,000

A Group 1 Player may not contract for or receive any bonuses for minor league service other

than a games played bonus.

The maximum compensation payable to a Group 1 Player who is playing in the Major Juniors

shall be U.S. $10,500 per League Year.

• Upvote 1

Article 9.4 of the NHL's Collective Bargaining Agreement provides that entry level contracts must be 2-way and sets a maximum amount of $70,000 for play in the minors. It is set out below.

Oh right. And there is also age restriction - for drafted European players the ELC contract requirement is extended to 27 years. The signing bonus may not exceed 10% of contract amount. Yeah this does not look promising for his play in AHL at all...

Edited by Stierlitz

Oh right. And there is also age restriction - for drafted European players the ELC contract requirement is extended to 27 years. The signing bonus may not exceed 10% of contract amount. Yeah this does not look promising for his play in AHL at all...

He's already too good for the AHL. He will step in and push out another guy.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Nikita Tryamkin | #88 | D
  • -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic