The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, tas said:

like I edited into my original response, the lack of pressure and competition is the whole reason tryamkin bailed on the nhl in the first place. he's not cut out for competing for his minutes. 

That's the whole reason, eh? The world is a very simple place for you, isn't it? Sure wish I could read minds the way you do.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tas said:

neither of us have even heard of about 2/3 of every russian national team so that's not exactly shocking. hitting a lot (meaning the puck isn't on his stick) and fighting an art ross trophy winner don't blow my skirt up the same way they seem to yours, but to each their own. 

it's cool he was an all star, though. 

... interesting for you to note you wear a skirt.

You can think about me wearing one all you like huckleberry. ;) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tas said:

I still disagree that he's being coddled by playing against players who are at the same level as him. it's not like he's some elite standout over there. he's a decent top 4 defenceman in a 2nd tier league, which means he's no better than a bottom pairing guy in the nhl. he's not interested in having to work his way up the lineup, so I just don't see a scenario where he doesn't take his ball and go home. 

I really hope the canucks cut bait on this guy like they did with jordan subban so I can stop reading all the pining on this website. move on. he's dating someone else now. he doesn't love you anymore. find somebody else. 

Tas....seriously, are you a Canuck fan or like an Oilers or Leaf  fan?

Geesh! we want to build our team...….you are crapping on a prospect......

:picard:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/24/2019 at 5:02 PM, janisahockeynut said:

I find it hard to understand how this fan base could not want Tryamkin back......

The raw potential is that of a top 10 draft pick...….I mean, a lot of top 10 picks never have the impact that Tryamkin had in that 1 clip that was shown....

I don't know what it is...denial? Is it lack of knowledge....what is it?

At this very moment Tryamkin is more mature, stronger, and smarter than he was when he was here last...

there is no doubt that he would not have a bit of rust...….

but the potential would be too much to pass...…………….

The fact that we could even sign and trade, would be better than nothing

This !

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto is playing the last game of the regular season tomorrow in Podolsk but the team has already secured the 1st place in the Eastern conference couple games ago and will play Tractor from Chelyabinsk (8th place) in playoffs. The playoffs start on Feb 25.

If Avto loses in the first round (highly unlikely, of course) would Tryamkin be able to come finish the season with us?  What would it take from us to get Nikita back here for next season?  He is an NHL player, and we need him!  I want him back!  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If Avto loses in the first round (highly unlikely, of course) would Tryamkin be able to come finish the season with us?  What would it take from us to get Nikita back here for next season?  He is an NHL player, and we need him!  I want him back!  

Really don't think he'll come back before he plays out his contract, which would mean summer of 2020. Would love to have his size and physicality on the team though. Would give us a whole new dimension as a team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

That's not what I said.

He's capable of playing in the NHL, agreed?

Is he going to develop as well, playing in the KHL? No. There's far more risk of stagnation playing in the KHL where he's not be challenged as much by opposition or pushed from as much competition for his roster spot.

That's all I'm saying.

Well, until this season, he was playing 24-25 minutes a game in the KHL - much better for development of a young defenceman than playing ten minutes a game for Desjardins - for his development.  This season, his KHL team was rotating their D and he had found his minutes slashed again - not because he can’t play, but because his team wants to balance the minutes.  Tryamkin’s big complaint in Vancouver was ice time.  If that was truly his complaint, then he may well decide that he wants to get back together very here.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Is tryamkin still a topic?

Personally dont care if he and his quit now attitude come back. Especially after playing in a MUCH inferior league for a few years.

His weak work ethic blew his chance. But whatever....we have Schenn who is another big body and another 3rd pairing player if that.

Posters on here make tree into some kind of hero when all he did is quit on the Canucks and whine and go home. I could NOT care less if his russian wife was homesick. If that was the case don't come to NA at all you schmuck tree!!

I say "Seeya russian!!!"

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Is tryamkin still a topic?

Personally dont care if he and his quit now attitude come back. Especially after playing in a MUCH inferior league for a few years.

His weak work ethic blew his chance. But whatever....we have Schenn who is another big body and another 3rd pairing player if that.

Posters on here make tree into some kind of hero when all he did is quit on the Canucks and whine and go home. I could NOT care less if his russian wife was homesick. If that was the case don't come to NA at all you schmuck tree!!

I say "Seeya russian!!!"

Okay, just pretend that he's a good ol' Ontario boy from Kingston.  

He's coming back here, whether you like it or not.

Vancouver 2020 

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

your just a f #*n ray of sunshine aren't ya?

Lots of questions about Tryamkin and that is fair. IMO if he waits another year then I doubt we see him in Vancouver. In all reality if Avto wins the KHL cup I suspect he gets resigned with term and money. If he decided he wanted another go then I see some kind of bridge contract leaving the Canucks and opportunity to move him if he is not in their plans. To me the time line suggests the Canucks will be seriously CUP competitive in 3 years. If he came back it would give him 2 seasons to mature as a NHL defenseman. 

One has to ask where he will play if he came back? If Tanev and Edler are resigned as a transition pairing it leaves Try bumping either Stecher or Hutton on the 2nd pairing. Possible. Tryamkin returning has more to do with how he views his own game and how that fits with how Green sees it.  

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2019 at 9:19 AM, smokes said:

You are expecting a kid that is not even in a professional league against the likes of Karlsson, Burns, Thornton, Pavelski and co during mid season when he doesn't know how his own team plays to not get lit up? Seriosly?Image result for slap to the back of the head

Did u read my post? Thats exactly what i said 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Lots of questions about Tryamkin and that is fair. IMO if he waits another year then I doubt we see him in Vancouver. In all reality if Avto wins the KHL cup I suspect he gets resigned with term and money. If he decided he wanted another go then I see some kind of bridge contract leaving the Canucks and opportunity to move him if he is not in their plans. To me the time line suggests the Canucks will be seriously CUP competitive in 3 years. If he came back it would give him 2 seasons to mature as a NHL defenseman. 

One has to ask where he will play if he came back? If Tanev and Edler are resigned as a transition pairing it leaves Try bumping either Stecher or Hutton on the 2nd pairing. Possible. Tryamkin returning has more to do with how he views his own game and how that fits with how Green sees it.  

Boud’s , I think he is back, if not next season, after some great discussions with JB and TG,.  then when his contract expires in the KHL.

my reason is that Tryamkin is goal orientated,. he methodically gave himself a timeline to get to the NHL, playing first, after drafted in his hometown with Avtomobilist . In meetings after his first Canuck camp, he was clear to state his goal was to play in the NHL.

I think he returned to the K thinking he was not good enough, he wasn’t given many positive reviews by his Coaching staff here at the time..

so why not go home and take control of the situation?

He has performed well in the KHL for the past 2 seasons, but his game seems to be “plateauing”..

what I mean by this is that as a defensive defenceman in the KHL, the bigger ice surface can make your game predictable, your gap coverage is big.

If Nik feels his game in the KHL is all that it can be,  then it’s time to come back to the NHL and see what else can come of it.

Having watched him play on an NHL surface and the KHL surface, I can honestly say that Niks game suits the NHL, his game is far more dynamic on the smaller surface than the large one at home,.

Tfyamkin himself will want to realize his full potential, rather than fall short of it.

• Upvote 4