The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

.. @Hairy Kneel,.  I’m going to love quoting a lot of these negative posts if Nik comes back

:) .

That'll be fun. There are a lot to choose from, although most of them come from the same small handful of posters, yammering on endlessly with their projections about his attitude, sense of entitlement, work ethic, conditioning, regressing skill levels, etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Avtomobilist sweeps the series against Traktor with a 4 - 3 win this morning.

Onwards and upwards for Nikita,.  His team seems to be the strongest in the KHL right now.

Does Nikita get a big contract offer to resign if his team wins it all in the KHL or does he think I am done here, bigger challenges in Vancouver?

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Does Nikita get a big contract offer to resign if his team wins it all in the KHL or does he think I am done here, bigger challenges in Vancouver?

Bouds’...  if he seriously wants to be playing in the best league in the world, and be the best he can be, hopefully scribing his name as another Russian great..  he will come.

He has to completely realize that his game on the big ice will only take him to THAT certain level, and probably never get him on the world stage..   he has been named to National teams, but usually bumped by some one with more notoriety and left on the pine.

If he is yearning to be the best, he has to come and play with them.. or risk living with that regret for ever.

I would like to think that this run at the KHL Championship will help him realize all the possibilities and opportunities he has, and grasp for the best.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hope they try to convince Tryamkin to come back this summer, but I doubt it. Then we could move on from Edler for sure if he wants NTC or NMC or a deal long than 3 yrs at more than 5.5m cap hit 

Or, ya know, have both?

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hope they try to convince Tryamkin to come back this summer, but I doubt it. Then we could move on from Edler for sure if he wants NTC or NMC or a deal long than 3 yrs at more than 5.5m cap hit 

‘They’ cannot convince him because his contract is with another team, it is called tampering 

24 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Can't believe you guys are still on about this guy.  Most overrated player ever.  We finally got rid of Guddy, and now you guys want to go after another slug,  that's gonna lead the league in icings. SMDH. 

N.T. gets touted as a Chara that can skate. While the comparison to Chara is yet to be seen, he is definitely not a "slug". Your comment is baseless.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Lol

40 minutes ago, Deets said:

N.T. gets touted as a Chara that can skate. While the comparison to Chara is yet to be seen, he is definitely not a "slug". Your comment is baseless.

Lol,  it's based on the fact that I  watched him play in Vancouver, and he lead the team in icings and missed outlet passes then. What exactly are you basing your assumption that he's the next Bobby Orr on?

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

1 hour ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Can't believe you guys are still on about this guy.  Most overrated player ever.  We finally got rid of Guddy, and now you guys want to go after another slug,  that's gonna lead the league in icings. SMDH. 

Guddy had poor mobility and accelleration. Tryamkin is fine in both areas.  Tryamkin also brings far better hits.

Basically, Tryamkin gives us every on-ice skill we were hoping for but never got out of Guddy. While he will never be a top end player, I think his role on our rather small team would be huge.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Guddy had poor mobility and accelleration. Tryamkin is fine in both areas.  Tryamkin also brings far better hits.

Basically, Tryamkin gives us every on-ice skill we were hoping for but never got out of Guddy. While he will never be a top end player, I think his role on our rather small team would be huge.

Fair enough, I'll grant you he might be an upgrade on Guddy. I'd much rather go after someone who's strength is getting the puck out and starting the transition,  that's what this team really needs,  IMO. 

14 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Lol

Lol,  it's based on the fact that I  watched him play in Vancouver, and he lead the team in icings and missed outlet passes then. What exactly are you basing your assumption that he's the next Bobby Orr on?

Well, based on the "fact" that I watched him in his rookie season too, and I disagree that he is a "slug". Which fact is the correct FACT? lol

Not even touching your Bobby Orr comment. Keep trolling...

• Upvote 1