The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Just now, The 5th Line said:

Robb have you ever seen him play?  Do you even watch Canuck games at all?  You drop on once every week or two and act like you have the pulse of the team.  All your takes have been wrong so far, just stop. 

This isn't the hurricanes fan board where it's easy to look like a genius, discussing things with an uneducated(hockeywise) fanbase.  You're on the Canucks board, there are smart people here

Yes, I have seen him play.     I do watch Canuck games.    

I don't "act" like anything.   Like everyone on the board I have opinions.    

How am I wrong on this guy?   He isn't in the NHL currently.   He is in an inferior league to the NHL and had an uneven season in a league where other former Canuck Dmen win "Dman of the year" awards though they couldn't stay in Canuck line up.     

Your fixation on opinions you can't get your head around is noted but trying to convince yourself this guy who hasn't been in the league for two years and spent some time this year in an inferior league riding the pine is the hill you want to die on - knock yourself out.    I personally would be surprised if this guy became an NHL regular of any note (e.g. top 6) and certainly with a team of playoff quality.   I have seen no evidence for what I have seen of film from him in Russia that he has learned anything about the gaps he had in his professional game.    

There, prove me wrong by having him play in the KHL and getting benched there.    That'll show me.   :lol:

16 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yes, I have seen him play.     I do watch Canuck games.    

I don't "act" like anything.   Like everyone on the board I have opinions.    

How am I wrong on this guy?   He isn't in the NHL currently.   He is in an inferior league to the NHL and had an uneven season in a league where other former Canuck Dmen win "Dman of the year" awards though they couldn't stay in Canuck line up.     

Your fixation on opinions you can't get your head around is noted but trying to convince yourself this guy who hasn't been in the league for two years and spent some time this year in an inferior league riding the pine is the hill you want to die on - knock yourself out.    I personally would be surprised if this guy became an NHL regular of any note (e.g. top 6) and certainly with a team of playoff quality.   I have seen no evidence for what I have seen of film from him in Russia that he has learned anything about the gaps he had in his professional game.    

There, prove me wrong by having him play in the KHL and getting benched there.    That'll show me.   :lol:

It's pretty easy to debunk what you're saying. https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/1724/avtomobilist-yekaterinburg?tab=stats#players

12 D-men got games for Avto this season. 9 were regulars and They were rotated in and out of the lineup on a regular basis. The KHL season is 62 games long and the highest number of games played was 51 by any D-man. Every D was benched on that team and it was well documented during this season.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Riding the pine eh, I've heard much more about him playing 20+ minutes a night then I have heard about him riding the pine.

Perhaps you need to follow him closer.    :)

21 games into the KHL season, Avtomobilist is off to an amazing start, with a record of 20-1-0. Unfortunately, Nikita Tryamkin has not been a large part of that success. Last year, Tryamkin put up 25 points in 51 games and was the team’s clear number one defenseman, but his production has decreased dramatically to just three points in 17 games. Tryamkin’s icetime has also dropped significantly from last season, and he’s even found himself a healthy scratch on four occasions. Unfortunately, the on-ice portion of the game isn’t the only one in which Tryamkin has disappointed, either.

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/10/24/nikita-tryamkin-struggling-in-khl-stripped-of-captaincy/

59 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You mean those who keep thinking this big Russian is a lock for the NHL when he was benched in KHL?   Look, the kid has potential but he isn't as good as Guddy and look how few in Vancouver we keen on him (and how well he is doing with Penguins coincidentally).

When was he “benched” in the KHL Rob?

BTW I am a Gudbranson fan and had accolades for him before he was a Canuck.. I wanted him here.

Edited by SilentSam
2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I don't read media trash, I have my own outlooks and opinions

Didn't this exact thing happen to your Golden boy juolevi?  

Ya, he was benched for having a season ending knee injury after being in the top handful of rookie AHL Dmen in scoring.    Great comparison.   Well done.   :lol:

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

When was he “benched” in the KHL Rob?

BTW I am a Gudbranson fan and had accolades for him before he was a Canuck.. I wanted him here.

This season....a bunch of games in first half of the season.     

Pleased to see we are aligned on Guddy.  Canucks will miss him.

27 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

It's pretty easy to debunk what you're saying. https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/1724/avtomobilist-yekaterinburg?tab=stats#players

12 D-men got games for Avto this season. 9 were regulars and They were rotated in and out of the lineup on a regular basis. The KHL season is 62 games long and the highest number of games played was 51 by any D-man. Every D was benched on that team and it was well documented during this season.

Do the same math for the Canucks.   If you are an elite Dman, you don't get healthy scratched even in the KHL were the top Dman last season was Philip Larsson (yup, that Philip Larsson).

Just now, The 5th Line said:

In Finland, the world's 5th? 6th best league?  And a junior captaincy stripped.  Well done

Uh, he was in AHL this year.   Sorry this moves too fast for you.

• Hydration 1
Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

This season....a bunch of games in first half of the season.     

Pleased to see we are aligned on Guddy.  Canucks will miss him.

No. He wasn’t. Had an injury. And His D core has been on a rotation everyone has taken time off to keep fresh this season.

And it worked.

• Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

CANUCKS ARMY!! LOL

..your buying your drugs off the street big fella ;) 

to add: Tryamkin covered the Captaincy for an injured Nigel Dawes at the start of season.

Tryamkin wore the A eversince.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 4
27 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Do the same math for the Canucks.   If you are an elite Dman, you don't get healthy scratched even in the KHL were the top Dman last season was Philip Larsson (yup, that Philip Larsson).

Not taking sides in this, but are you talking about Philip Larsen ?

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I'm not sure what you're having trouble understanding. Every D-man was healthy scratched for Avto. It was a coaching strategy employed by his team this season. And what does Philip Larsen have to do with anything. Your assertion that since he is in a lesser league, he is a lesser player, also doesn't make any sense. You claim that Gudbranson is a better player, yet they played on the same team for half a season and there wasn't much difference between them. It's getting more and more difficult to take you seriously.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You mean those who keep thinking this big Russian is a lock for the NHL when he was benched in KHL?   Look, the kid has potential but he isn't as good as Guddy and look how few in Vancouver we keen on him (and how well he is doing with Penguins coincidentally).

Wow Zepp, you're waay off here. Nikita was never benched, he had a nagging injury and was the Captain until Dawes came back. It's hard to get accurate information. @Stierlitz detailed the situation late last year.

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Zepp is a troll.  Pops in every once in awhile, has a few outrageous takes, says he's scouting somewhere in Europe etc etc.  

He is far from being a troll

I disagree with him on Tryamkin, but he adds a lot

Go back past the Tryamkin posts and read some of his earlier stuff

He is just not a Tryamkin lover....like ME! :wub: LOL

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

He's been caught lying on multiple occasions, that alone is enough to be considered a troll.  I don't even need to dive in to all of the terrible takes he's had, despite being some hockey guru travelling rinks in Europe

If you think otherwise that's fine, but maybe you just haven't read the things from him that I have.

Ok, Boss

We all have a different take on things

sometimes for good reason

I have just never experienced anything but posititves

We all cant love the same people, right?

How is Campbell River these days?

Pretty tough to get to live games...….

I wish they would have more afternoon games on the weekends

Cheers

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

Yep it's an expensive trip to Vancouver just to watch a hockey game.  So close yet so far

A lot of construction going on, on the south side of town.  Our roads are becoming crowded, they are lowering speed limits in single lane areas, I'd be curious to know what the population is at nowadays.  Other than that, same old beautiful, boring place

Well, it is a Beautiful place......but it's got lots to do, if you like the outdoors...

Maybe I will bring Tryamkin up there when he comes back!

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Zepp is a troll.  Pops in every once in awhile, has a few outrageous takes, says he's scouting somewhere in Europe etc etc.  

You can be pretty outrageous yourself. It's a forum, feuds can be fun right?