The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

The coaching is better here now for Try. I think he still has things to learn offensively, like joining the rush. And when to pinch, and knowing when he has solid support to join in the attack.

Avto didn't use Try on the PP1 at all really just some PP2. He rarely ventured into the offensive zone in the games I saw and was coached as a stay at home D. First one back.

Avto'sforwards couldn't get much done in their last round. I think Try could be good as a screen on the PP Oddly enough it was only when Try was pressing to get a goal that Avto looked most dangerous in their last round. 

Nigel Dawes did a complete disappearing act. Most of their top forwards were too small against a bigger team (Avto' top forwards avg around 185 lbs) Salavat had big bruisers with speed.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Happy April Fools Day!

I don't know man, Dhaliwal was reporting it on the morning show on 650. I think it might actually be legit. Either that, or I'm a dumb idiot. Could be both!

6 minutes ago, aliboy said:

It is on RD's twitter, all comments indicate it's April Fools.

If that's the case, I will accept being a dumb idiot (I always suspected).

I also commend his commitment to the joke. He played it off as a legit report on the air.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

If that's the case, I will accept being a dumb idiot (I always suspected).

I also commend his commitment to the joke. He played it off as a legit report on the air.

Just note that he has not confirmed that it's April Fools, all comments are assuming that.

Lots of teams trying to upgrade their defence, not many D available on the market.

It really is time to push for him to leave the KHL and sign for the upcoming season before we have to move in another direction and get locked into that contract.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Provost said:

Lots of teams trying to upgrade their defence, not many D available on the market.

It really is time to push for him to leave the KHL and sign for the upcoming season before we have to move in another direction and get locked into that contract.

Tryamkin's team really crapped the bed this playoffs. They ran the table regular season but couldn't score any goals against Salavat Yuraev. I'm thinking they need a solid re-tool on their top 6. They also need a solid back up goalie, the one they had looked 'not very good' to end the season, essentially, wearing out their number one goalie Kovar.

I see Atvo being at least 2 seasons away from being the same top team in the regular season and dominating in the post season. Tryamkin's contract finishes next year in March (because I don't see them getting a re-tool completely done anytime soon) and they will be lucky to make the 2nd round of their playoffs.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin's team really crapped the bed this playoffs. They ran the table regular season but couldn't score any goals against Salavat Yuraev. I'm thinking they need a solid re-tool on their top 6. They also need a solid back up goalie, the one they had looked 'not very good' to end the season, essentially, wearing out their number one goalie Kovar.

I see Atvo being at least 2 seasons away from being the same top team in the regular season and dominating in the post season. Tryamkin's contract finishes next year in March (because I don't see them getting a re-tool completely done anytime soon) and they will be lucky to make the 2nd round of their playoffs.

Hopefully before the TDL for a nice added boost to our playoff push next year!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Hmmmm........would he have to pass through waivers to get on our roster ? If not, welcome back !!!!

Not sure about that, but we own his rights, so that would have to count for something. I would think the waiver process might be for "free agents". Curious to find out if it is needed though.

• Upvote 1