The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

So in order to put the joke on RD, Tram now has to get on a plane, come over here and sign a deal, so if you read these boards, book your flight big guy, and come back to Vancouver!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lots of teams trying to upgrade their defence, not many D available on the market.

It really is time to push for him to leave the KHL and sign for the upcoming season before we have to move in another direction and get locked into that contract.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Provost said:

Lots of teams trying to upgrade their defence, not many D available on the market.

It really is time to push for him to leave the KHL and sign for the upcoming season before we have to move in another direction and get locked into that contract.

Tryamkin's team really crapped the bed this playoffs. They ran the table regular season but couldn't score any goals against Salavat Yuraev. I'm thinking they need a solid re-tool on their top 6. They also need a solid back up goalie, the one they had looked 'not very good' to end the season, essentially, wearing out their number one goalie Kovar.

I see Atvo being at least 2 seasons away from being the same top team in the regular season and dominating in the post season. Tryamkin's contract finishes next year in March (because I don't see them getting a re-tool completely done anytime soon) and they will be lucky to make the 2nd round of their playoffs.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin's team really crapped the bed this playoffs. They ran the table regular season but couldn't score any goals against Salavat Yuraev. I'm thinking they need a solid re-tool on their top 6. They also need a solid back up goalie, the one they had looked 'not very good' to end the season, essentially, wearing out their number one goalie Kovar.

I see Atvo being at least 2 seasons away from being the same top team in the regular season and dominating in the post season. Tryamkin's contract finishes next year in March (because I don't see them getting a re-tool completely done anytime soon) and they will be lucky to make the 2nd round of their playoffs.

Hopefully before the TDL for a nice added boost to our playoff push next year!

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Hmmmm........would he have to pass through waivers to get on our roster ? If not, welcome back !!!!

Not sure about that, but we own his rights, so that would have to count for something. I would think the waiver process might be for "free agents". Curious to find out if it is needed though.

• Upvote 1
On 4/6/2019 at 5:59 AM, SingleThorn said:

Hmmmm........would he have to pass through waivers to get on our roster ? If not, welcome back !!!!

Waivers are only on the way down

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Waivers are only on the way down

Not when coming from Europe. We own his rights, so as @theo5789 ^^ says, that might only apply to 'free agents'. The Ryan O'Reilly offer sheet meant that if he had signed with Calgary, he would have to pass waivers to get to the NHL. Obviously different situations, but I get easily confused !

29 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Not when coming from Europe. We own his rights, so as @theo5789 ^^ says, that might only apply to 'free agents'. The Ryan O'Reilly offer sheet meant that if he had signed with Calgary, he would have to pass waivers to get to the NHL. Obviously different situations, but I get easily confused !

I think re-entry waivers were scrapped in the current CBA. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

Good to know, thanks

I heard that in Russia, the training camp/ preseason is a month long...is this true?

If so, it was reported that this was the reason Tryamkin came in "out of shape" his first year because he was expecting to get in shape during a one month long training camp; however, he was surprised that the NHL had only a two week training camp.