The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

I'd say to stay away from Ceci. A couple of my friends are big Sens fans and they all say he is constantly their worst defender. Plus in his last arbitration he was asking for $6m.

At that price and what it would cost to acquire him, we're better off going in another direction. 

Generally players ask for more than their worth in arbitration than what they're expecting while the team goes low, so they end up where they generally expect. I don't think Ceci has blown the expectations out of the water since last season, so I can see him signing a longer term deal (5-7 years) at around 5-5.5 million with possibly no clauses.

He averaged over 22 mins of ice time including the majority of the PK time on defense on an atrocious team. So he's probably played too many minutes than what type of player he is (probably 2-3 mins more ice time on average than he would on a better team) and he had the hardest assignments, so it's easy to say that he's been exposed, but in a better system he might look far better. Adding a guy like Ceci could make someone like Tanev more expendable to get younger and recoup some loss that we gave up to acquire Ceci.

Edited by theo5789
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I've heard the same. Basically Ceci was the Gudbranson in Ottawa, without the size, and face-punching.

Ceci is not great, but not bad. Maybe the Sens would take LE for him. Cheapskate Melnyk would like LE after the Nucks pay his bonus this summer. High cap hit with lower monies remaining may entice Mr Melnyk. 

39 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Generally players ask for more than their worth in arbitration than what they're expecting while the team goes low, so they end up where they generally expect. I don't think Ceci has blown the expectations out of the water since last season, so I can see him signing a longer term deal (5-7 years) at around 5-5.5 million with possibly no clauses.

He averaged over 22 mins of ice time including the majority of the PK time on defense on an atrocious team. So he's probably played too many minutes than what type of player he is (probably 2-3 mins more ice time on average than he would on a better team) and he had the hardest assignments, so it's easy to say that he's been exposed, but in a better system he might look far better. Adding a guy like Ceci could make someone like Tanev more expendable to get younger and recoup some loss that we gave up to acquire Ceci.

Acquiring Ceci doesn't really get him away from the high TOI, especially if we trade Tanev. Then he's still our "top" RHD defenseman on the depth chart and will be playing more than he should. If we do keep Tanev, its better, but we have to account for the time Tanev is likely to miss with injury, where Ceci will be forced into higher minutes. 

If we're looking at a similar assest price for Ceci as we saw for Guddy, plus the extension which I would guess would be in the $5.5 range, wouldn't it be better to just spend the cash on someone like (only as an example) myers? 

I'm not completely against getting Ceci for the right price, but if Ottawa sees him as a top 4 and wants that kind of return, plus the contract for a top 4, then I think we can find better value elsewhere. 

I haven't watch much of him, so my opinion is based on what I hear from those who have. I also remember reading a CA article a while back the compared Ceci to Guddy quite closely. So, I'm not high on him to say the least. 

1 hour ago, laddie said:

Is this a Nikita Tryamkin thread?

23 minutes ago, skategal said:

Silly me, thinking after a page and a half of reading that I was going to find an update on Tryamkin.  Isn't there a Proposals thread already that is open for discussions?  

Let’s get this back on track,. 

I found a couple of interesting snip it’s from a little earlier this year.. Dec 2018.

Notice anything Canadian about the Jacket or the mittens in this pic?

Gotta love dreamers!!

Oh,  and there’s this small crease broo-hah posted in the link by Niks wife :) 

FA973068-6A02-4DA9-98F7-FFAE2C8AE782.png

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

Acquiring Ceci doesn't really get him away from the high TOI, especially if we trade Tanev. Then he's still our "top" RHD defenseman on the depth chart and will be playing more than he should. If we do keep Tanev, its better, but we have to account for the time Tanev is likely to miss with injury, where Ceci will be forced into higher minutes. 

If we're looking at a similar assest price for Ceci as we saw for Guddy, plus the extension which I would guess would be in the $5.5 range, wouldn't it be better to just spend the cash on someone like (only as an example) myers? 

I'm not completely against getting Ceci for the right price, but if Ottawa sees him as a top 4 and wants that kind of return, plus the contract for a top 4, then I think we can find better value elsewhere. 

I haven't watch much of him, so my opinion is based on what I hear from those who have. I also remember reading a CA article a while back the compared Ceci to Guddy quite closely. So, I'm not high on him to say the least. 

This is still the Tryamkin thread isn't it? Did Someone change it and I just missed it???

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I found a couple of interesting snip it’s from a little earlier this year.. Dec 2018.

Gotta love dreamers!!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Gotta love dreamers!!

Id go back to my home country for her.

Hope Tram comes back. Slipping him into our lineup next season would be amazing.

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Tryamkin-Stecher

I could get behind that until the deadline when Tanev is moved to Toronto. Leave Juolevi in Utica until he is truly ready for the jump and then either ship out Edler or slide Tryamkin to the right side.

Nice to have Juolevi, Woo, Tryamkin, Rafferty, Rathbone etc. in the wings. Hopefully Soderstrom soon as well. Who would be the perfect partner for Tryamkin.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Id go back to my home country for her.

Hope Tram comes back. Slipping him into our lineup next season would be amazing.

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Tryamkin-Stecher

I could get behind that until the deadline when Tanev is moved to Toronto. Leave Juolevi in Utica until he is truly ready for the jump and then either ship out Edler or slide Tryamkin to the right side.

Nice to have Juolevi, Woo, Tryamkin, Rafferty, Rathbone etc. in the wings. Hopefully Soderstrom soon as well. Who would be the perfect partner for Tryamkin.

If next years D core rolls in solid.. the following 3 -5 years is setting up nicely with prospects..

i really, really like the way Schenn played at the end of season.

His physical / mental dimeanor and exceptional defensive play was everything right about the way to play clean aggressive hockey and, play the game.

Pencil Schenn in on he same team as Tryamkin, Schenn would be the perfect mentor for Nik.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

I think BUF would have plenty interest in Markstrom, possibly some in Hutton and perhaps some interest in Baer or Leivo (obviously not as main pieces).

(Demko was actually suggested by @SabreFan1 who I presume knows better than either of us what BUF might want FWIW).

As you point out, Ceci could be had though we might also have to move some 'B' prospects if there is a fit there.

And CAR would likely have interest in Demko or Markstrom and (again, not main pieces) perhaps Baer, Goldobin, Leivo etc depending on what happens with all their pending FA forwards.

NYI's are also a possibility IMO as they're in a contending window and could be losing some FA forwards this summer as well. A goalie or Tanev or Sutter or Hutton or a Baer/Leivo (or some combination of all) could all be players of varying attractiveness, perhaps for one of their D prospects.

JB isn't trading Marky or Demko and it would be stupid. JB alluded to that.

I know we already hashed this out but imo it would be stupid.

Edit: sorry yes..tryamkin thread.

Man..he is tall.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Of course JB isn’t planning on trading Marky or Demko.  But if the offer was right, don’t you think he should?  I do if the offer was a good one.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Unfortunately 3 injury riddled players, a mediocre top 4 dman, and a couple of decent goalies isn't a lot to work with.

I don't know man.. last I looked, they weren't exactly stacked with quality goaltenders.. not that I really want to part with one of ours

Edited by Glug Datt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Of course JB isn’t planning on trading Marky or Demko.  But if the offer was right, don’t you think he should?  I do if the offer was a good one.

The offer would have to be WAY over the top.

But yes. IF the offer was WAY over the top then maybe he would. Just unlikely. Thats all.

I am watching the playoffs, and the nastiness involved in it, and thinking if our goal next season is to make the post-season, we will desperately need both Tryamkin and Woo (as soon as he's NHL ready) to make any kind of impact in the post-season. We are way too soft on defence without them.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

Myers is 4 years older, will be looking for a long term deal with the highest pay he could get (I'm predicting around 7 million annually).

The reason why Ceci might be more attainable is if Ottawa actually wants to move him because they're too cheap to pay him. So we could getting a player for decent value.

As for the minutes, I think it's doubtful that he would average over 22 minutes a night here and if he does, he would be partnered with Edler who I would say can also handle the hard minutes to take the load off him more defensively. Stecher is showing he can handle more of the hard minutes as well. So Ceci might get closer to 20 minutes a night if Tanev is gone.

To kind of go back on topic, if we add Tryamkin as well, our defensive group as a whole will be better than what Ottawa had to offer and therefore the minutes will get spread more. I'm not dead set on acquiring Ceci, but I just think he would be more attainable than someone like Ristolainen who I would indeed prefer more.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edit: sorry yes..tryamkin thread.

Man..he is tall.

You can only protect 1 goalie in the expansion draft. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1