The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

21 hours ago, kloubek said:

I agree with you in how much time he has before likely declines, but I jist don't see him wanting a 4 year contract.  I mean, the market will be willing to give him a maximum term so why would he not sign that at full pop now, instead of allowing a shorter term like 4 years then getting paid less because he will be a declining player?

As for whether 4 years works for us or not, I havent done the math but I figured by the time we have Boeser, Petey and Hughes signed long term that will be a lot of cap space eaten which is why I figured 2 years was safe. But there are a lot of contracts which could be moved out or end during that time, so we probably dont have to be as "safe" as I was originally basing my thoughts on.

Definitely some risk with Myers for those remaining years unless he is fine with 4.  Not that I would ever pair them together regularly just think of Tryamkin Myers ourt in the last minute of the game or in vital situations.  Lockdown mode.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Slegr said:

That's unfortunate. Hopefully he'll get frustrated enough with his homeland that he decides to rejoin our club.

Maybe that's why he didn't make it. Politics. I don't think they should be playing head games with him. He don't shine much to head games. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Maybe that's why he didn't make it. Politics. I don't think they should be playing head games with him. He don't shine much to head games. 

Maybe his visions of fame and fortune are more in line with his skill level now and his expectations more in line with reality. Maybe his development in the KHL has harmed his progress, maybe JB can sign him at a decent level and his expectations of where he fits in the pcking order are better ::D

4 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Maybe his visions of fame and fortune are more in line with his skill level now and his expectations more in line with reality. Maybe his development in the KHL has harmed his progress, maybe JB can sign him at a decent level and his expectations of where he fits in the pcking order are better ::D

He wasn't going for fortune. He took a huge hometown discount. They've been coaching him as a stay at home D which I think Green would like him to be. His agent will probably be starting at Huttons pay as a bridge deal for 3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Who truly knows. One thing he came in with an incredible expectation of where  he would fit and left likely disillusioned maybe he has his feet on the ground now and more realistic with his expectations and where he fits in the pecking order

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He wasn't going for fortune. He took a huge hometown discount. They've been coaching him as a stay at home D which I think Green would like him to be. His agent will probably be starting at Huttons pay as a bridge deal for 3 years

tenor.gif.972904f6495d0e2bf569eebf461958bd.gif

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Fred65 said:

We can hope so as he took a big step backward when he returned to the KHL. Since Vancouver is seriously lacking in size his returning would be huge. That said IMHO he is in no position to dictate contract terms. Maybe some consideration on term, as in a 3 year bridge deal. His size will always make him tradeable if it doesn't work.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

We can hope so as he took a big step backward when he returned to the KHL. Since Vancouver is seriously lacking in size his returning would be huge. That said IMHO he is in no position to dictate contract terms. Maybe some consideration on term, as in a 3 year bridge deal. His size will always make him tradeable if it doesn't work.

I think it's obvious, to me anyway, that he will always feel he needs to be chased and coveted.

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

It will work.  He was a unique talent when here and likely only improved and knows where he fits more.  Him coming back will be one of the turning points for us.  Just hope it’s this year and not next.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was a huge Tryamkin fan when he was here.  His size fills a gapping hole on our defence.  I envisioned Chara 2.0 (which was probably unfair).  But the way he left really took the bloom off the rose for me.  Just like Jonathan Dahlen... prospects that have a me first attitude and don’t want to listen to coaches or put in the work required in lesser developmental leagues like the AHL to succeed raise major red flags!  Great if he returns with a new attitude, but if he hasn’t matured and is still entitled he can play in Russia forever... I could care less.  As a fan... he’ll have to regain my trust with effort and attitude upon return.

Edited by Sedintwinpowersactivate
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

You're the 2nd person to suggest a 3 year bridge deal. Is this a problem? He can sign a 7 year "bridge" deal for all I care. I would think a player would want a 1-2 year bridge deal at most then supposedly get paid well after performing. If he wants 3 years at a bridge deal type cap, then you take it and run.

4 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I was a huge Tryamkin fan when he was here.  His size fills a gapping hole on our defence.  I envisioned Chara 2.0 (which was probably unfair).  But the way he left really took the bloom off the rose for me.  Just like Jonathan Dahlen... prospects that have a me first attitude and don’t want to listen to coaches or put in the work required in lesser developmental leagues like the AHL to succeed raise major red flags!  Great if he returns with a new attitude, but if he hasn’t matured and is still entitled he can play in Russia forever... I could care less.  As a fan... he’ll have to regain my trust with effort and attitude upon return.

I would love it if we would trade his rights for a pick in June or to  NYR for Ty Ronning.  He is a center for Utica.

Edited by dpn1
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 1

14 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So......anyone up to this?

Ok, we find a couple of Canuck fans in Europe, that we can trust??????

We buy a $500.00 car, and paint it Canuck colors......

Throw some large Magnetic Canuck Logo's on it

and glue a few Canuck stuffies, and Flags on it

and Drive around Nikita's home town with a Blow horn

Chanting we want Tryamkin! We want Tryamkin.....

Just to get his juices going!

What do you think?

Probably only cost a $1000.00 to do it!

Who's in?

Paint "Vancouver or Bust" on the back of the car.

Jan,.  If you can line that up..  I have 50.oo CDN in my pocket to contribute.

If it doesn’t work,  at least we start a good ol Vancouver type Riot in Yekaterinburg, Russia...  either way,  we’re famous!!  

:frantic: :gocan::towel:

• Upvote 1