The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Tanev will be gone at the TDL for sure, unless we are in a playoff race...….I don't think JB can stomach sending him away if we are in a race, unless they know absolutely Tryamkin is back shortly there after...…..but even then....

A lot of variables for the Expansion draft...……….

Edler...………..is a UFA

Hughes...…….Exempt

Juolevi...……..depends how he plays...………...protect ?

Barrie...……….lol, one never knows...………….protect

Stetcher………expendable, if needed...………..protect?

Tryamkin...…..depends how he plays...………...protect ?

Woo...………..Exempt

Tanev...………,Should be traded by then or gone

It would have been nice to sign Hainsey or similar, to allow Tanev to be traded

I mean that list in my opinion has zero issues.

Trade Tanev. Let Edler walk or resign afterwards. Hughes and Woo exempt.

Protect Juolevi, Stecher and Tryamkin. 

Let Seattle choose Myers (or Barrie if he's signed)

9 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I mean that list in my opinion has zero issues.

Trade Tanev. Let Edler walk or resign afterwards. Hughes and Woo exempt.

Protect Juolevi, Stecher and Tryamkin. 

Let Seattle choose Myers (or Barrie if he's signed)

You know how much I love Tryamkin

But I would probably protect Juolevi, Barrie, and the best one of the bunch on crunch day

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Tanev will be gone at the TDL for sure, unless we are in a playoff race...….I don't think JB can stomach sending him away if we are in a race, unless they know absolutely Tryamkin is back shortly there after...…..but even then....

Interesting point about the trade dead line day. I would hope Tryms agent will let JB know what’s going on by TDL cuz that changes things a lot. If Canucks ship Tanev away and Tryms not coming back then we’re screwed. But if Tryamkin says he coming for sure then it’s opens Tanev deals. But if like you said Canucks are in a playoff race they probably will keep Tanev. +Trym. 

Its months away but TDL Tanev ? imo is very important and very tricky and yes I see Tryamkin as a big influence of what happens.

Edited by HockeyHarry

8 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Interesting point about the trade dead line day. I would hope Tryms agent will let JB know what’s going on by TLD cuz that changes things a lot. If Canucks ship Tanev away and Tryms not coming back then we’re screwed. But if Tryamkin says he coming for sure then it’s opens Tanev deals. But if like you said Canucks are in a playoff race they probably will keep Tanev.

It is not a terrible place to be in...………….really

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tryamkin doesn't need protection.  Certainly not on the ice and not in the expansion draft either...

EXEMPT AGE POS CAP HIT EXPIRY
Hughes, Quintin 19 D $916,666 RFA (2021)
Woo, Jett 18 D $891,666 RFA (2022)
Eliot, Mitch 21 D $822,500 RFA (2021)
Teves, Josh 24 D $1,520,700 RFA (2019)
Tryamkin, Nikita 24 D $0 RFA (2017)
Rafferty, Brogan 24 D $5,133,750 RFA (2019)
Kielly, Jake 22 G $925,000 RFA (2020)
DiPietro, Michael 20 G $811,667 RFA (2022)

Because he only has 1 year of NHL/AHL experience? KHL doesn't count? If true, that is great news.
Either way we can always cut a deal with Seattle for them to pick who we want them to pick. That would be a sign that this team is good. 

13 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think he's gone this year regardless of playoffs or otherwise. Could even be gone this summer.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2019 at 2:30 PM, aGENT said:

Tanev's gone at some point this season. Woo's likely a couple years away.

The question we should be asking is, what happens if Barrie wants to sign at 'home' next summer for a reasonable price?

Barrie

Myers

Stecher

Tryamkin

..and eventually yes, Woo.

Pretty good chance the ED nabs one of those guys I guess.

Barrie joining our group for free.  This team is becoming good enough to push into the top end FA market by next season.  

This is a good idea.  

Thinking about the big picture.  With Hughes and Stecher already, Barrie would make our d core pretty slight for the western conference.  

It's too early to predict whether Woo could be a viable call up next year, but reasonable.  

If Barrie was added after Tanev leaves, well I would think we would be trading Stecher.  

I am in favour of signing Trymakin when he is free from the KHL.  Whether you love him, hate him or are just confused by him, 6'8" 230 lbs d men that are mobile do have value in this league.  The only way to get that out of Trymakin either thru trade or playing him is to get him under contract.  

Hughes Barrie

Edler Myers

OJ  Trymakin

Benn Woo.  

That's a d core that is playoff worthy.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Hockey Archive site published its regular annual rating of the European clubs for 2018-19 season https://www.hockeyarchives.info/eur2019.htm

Avtomobilist is on the respectable 6th place, that means increase by 23 points from the season before - the previous rating for 2017-18 season indicated Avto on the 29th place.

i thought Salavat Yulaev would be higher than 21st? They beat Avto in the playoffs.

On 7/3/2019 at 9:51 PM, canucklehead44 said:

He loves Vancouver but is a Toronto boy at heart. I think he goes to the Leafs unless he gets a much better offer elsewhere. 

I want Tanev traded asap but some fans think Tryamkin can come in and play 2LD or 2RD off the hop. That is a stretch. At least if he comes next spring he will have a season of KHL play under his belt. Shouldn't be at 265 pounds, right?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I want Tanev traded asap but some fans think Tryamkin can come in and play 2LD or 2RD off the hop. That is a stretch. At least if he comes next spring he will have a season of KHL play under his belt. Shouldn't be at 265 pounds, right?

He has skated well at that weight for 3 years Boud’s.. he is 6’8.  

His Hips and Legs are massive, his upper frame is proportionate.

Compared to the very lean Myers, Tryamkin is a Beast.    This is why Benning called him a “freak” after we drafted him.

Im not say he should stay at that particular weight all of his career.. but to think he ever drops below 245 .. I just can’t see it.. that mass is needed for his structure.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t mind seeing 10 pounds on Myers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

He has skated well at that weight for 3 years Boud’s.. he is 6’8.  

His Hips and Legs are massive, his upper frame is proportionate.

Compared to the very lean Myers, Tryamkin is a Beast.    This is why Benning called him a “freak” after we drafted him.

Im not say he should stay at that particular weight all of his career.. but to think he ever drops below 245 .. I just can’t see it.. that mass is needed for his structure.

On the other hand, I wouldn’t mind seeing 10 pounds on Myers.

I thought he was at 235 when he went back to the KHL. He came to camp at 265 and then lost the weight.

22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I thought he was at 235 when he went back to the KHL. He came to camp at 265 and then lost the weight.

I never heard that.  

But I did just check his KHL roster,.  120 kg. Which converts to 264 lbs.

Lebron James has the same height weight ratio..  but I think Nik is probably heavier in the lower torso just because of the Sport.

Thats a great Center of Gravity to have with that weight when your hip power is above everyone else’s.

Easier to take weight off if he feels he needs to.