Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Drouin

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Edler - Tanev
Hughes - Tryamkin
Benn/Stetcher - Myers

I like it

How many times do we have to play Tanev top minutes until we realize he can’t stay healthy?

 

If Tryamkin is brought back then either Stecher or Tanev are out.

 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Tryamkin/Stecher

 

Tanev traded:

 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tryamkin

Benn Stecher

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How many times do we have to play Tanev top minutes until we realize he can’t stay healthy?

 

If Tryamkin is brought back then either Stecher or Tanev are out.

 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Tryamkin/Stecher

 

Tanev traded:

 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tryamkin

Benn Stecher

Tanev is the horse we ride until he is physically unable to walk and we have to take him out back of Rogers arena and put him out of his misery with a double barrel shotgun. Until that day though, I'll keep him in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

All at but vague right now, but “apparently” on live Instagram with Goldy yesterday and stated that he wants to come back to Vancouver,. Just waiting for a contract.

The initial info had Tryamkin saying this about himself,. But I’m wondering if this was mistaken and was Goldy talking about his own current situation.

Tryamkins team has stacked its roster, and they will no doubt be faced with Cap issues.. something might give.

That sounds like it could be right, Goldobin telling Tryamkin he likes Vancouver and is just waiting on a contract. But I do believe Tryamkin has mentioned he would like to come back.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Tanev is the horse we ride until he is physically unable to walk and we have to take him out back of Rogers arena and put him out of his misery with a double barrel shotgun. Until that day though, I'll keep him in.

Then Stecher is the odd man out.

 

Green won’t sit Stetcher and theres no point bringing back Tryamkin if he’s gonna be a number 7.

Edited by DeNiro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking that keeping Tanev until the TDL and then trading him would be good, because he might have value to another team, but the Canucks may also be in a position where they're in the playoff chase. Would they trade away a vet like Tanev (if he's healthy) to another team when he helped them get to where they are? The same could be said for Sutter. With Tanev, Tryamkin might be returning down the stretch, so I'm not sure where Tanev would fit. Maybe keep them both for depth? Injuries are going to happen. Tryamkin in the playoffs could be great fun to watch.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tanev should be sheltered with Hughes. When Hughes is on the ice, Tanev won't have to block many shots. The puck will be in the O-zone most of the time. A healthy Tanev is worth a fair bit to a playoff team. Maybe Tryamkin plays with Benn, until Tanev is traded?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The strange thing I noticed when I was looking up TOI is Hutton had the most for Vcr and they lets him go  :lol:

He was way over his head. And he wasn't worth his QO. Seems pretty simple.

 

They picked up Benn who is more physical and a better D man for what the Canucks need. There is a reason Hutton still isn't signed and it is almost August.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes I think some are confusing what side guys are most effective on and just what side they play.

LD: Edler, Hughes, Benn.   RD: Myers, Tanev, Stetcher.  Benn is flexible and can play both sides but he is the only one I would use this way (for this year anyway).

 

If and when The Tryan man will need to play on his strong side LD in the NHL.  Nik is not far enough along to confuse things by putting him on the right side.  I think sometimes Nik is over rated on this thread.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him over here but he is still developing and has spent the last 2 years in the KHL not the NHL.

Edited by dpn1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

Sometimes I think some are confusing what side guys are most effective on and just what side they play.

LD: Edler, Hughes, Benn.   RD: Myers, Tanev, Stetcher.  Benn is flexible and can play both sides but he is the only one I would use this way (for this year anyway).

 

If and when The Tryan man will need to play on his strong side LD in the NHL.  Nik is not far enough along to confuse things by putting him on the right side.  I think sometimes Nik is over rated on this thread.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him over here but he is still developing and has spent the last 2 years in the KHL not the NHL.

Tryamkin has played predominately on the right side FWIW. I don't think it would 'confuse' him.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Sometimes I think some are confusing what side guys are most effective on and just what side they play.

LD: Edler, Hughes, Benn.   RD: Myers, Tanev, Stetcher.  Benn is flexible and can play both sides but he is the only one I would use this way (for this year anyway).

 

If and when The Tryan man will need to play on his strong side LD in the NHL.  Nik is not far enough along to confuse things by putting him on the right side.  I think sometimes Nik is over rated on this thread.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him over here but he is still developing and has spent the last 2 years in the KHL not the NHL.

Apparently Hughes and Tryamkin have played on the right side, but not at the amount of time and/or level like Benn has.

 

Travis Green has shown in the past that he wants his players to play on their dominant side, so I'm not seeing any changes in the near future. I certainly don't think he would do it with a rookie like Hughes.

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Apparently Hughes and Tryamkin have played on the right side, but not at the amount of time and/or level like Benn has.

 

Travis Green has shown in the past that he wants his players to play on their dominant side, so I'm not seeing any changes in the near future. I certainly don't think he would do it with a rookie like Hughes.

 

It is surprising that Tryamkin can play his off side. Usually taller dmen struggle with this (Myers, Edler for example are horrible). Hughes I could see being equally as effective as 1. he is small so requires less turning 2. His edgework and puck control is fantastic so he could easily pick the puck up off his wrong side and 3. He carries the puck a lot

I HATE playing my off side defensively. Mind you I am a garbage hockey player but at the speed and skill level of the NHL I can imagine that it would relatively be as difficult if not more 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

It is surprising that Tryamkin can play his off side. Usually taller dmen struggle with this (Myers, Edler for example are horrible). Hughes I could see being equally as effective as 1. he is small so requires less turning 2. His edgework and puck control is fantastic so he could easily pick the puck up off his wrong side and 3. He carries the puck a lot

I HATE playing my off side defensively. Mind you I am a garbage hockey player but at the speed and skill level of the NHL I can imagine that it would relatively be as difficult if not more 

Again.  Great players can play anywhere.  USSR 70’s team had all lefties except Tretiak.  Federov played D for the wings when injuries happened, and was their best D man laying the wrong side.  Tryamkin is a fabulous skater, and has good hands.  He is smart too.  Hughes could play anywhere 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Again.  Great players can play anywhere.  USSR 70’s team had all lefties except Tretiak.  Federov played D for the wings when injuries happened, and was their best D man laying the wrong side.  Tryamkin is a fabulous skater, and has good hands.  He is smart too.  Hughes could play anywhere 

I am a big fan of Tryamkin but he isn't a great player in the NHL. He is a solid #6 with upside. But if he can that is awesome! Just saying I have a difficult time imagining him comfortable on the right side compared to Hughes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...