The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

14 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I also think there is some wishful thinking about Tryamkin. The package is tantalizing but largely unproven. His finish in his rookie season showed a lot of promise but 3 years in the KHL was a step backwards. IMHO the .org depth likely passes him bye. Playing on a stronger team could really help him. Playing at 3RD with stints at 2RD would be the ideal scenario.

So, I guess in saying that...……..

If we signed Nikita to a 4 year - 3.5 Million contract

Would you trade him to Anaheim or LA or maybe Edmonton or  San Jose?

For a second in 2020

Personally, I wouldn't risk it

Would you?

Edited by janisahockeynut

8 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I like the idea of the following:

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stecher

Trade Tanev for a high pick at the deadline and insert Tryamkin:

Edler Myers

Hughes Tryamkin

Benn Stecher

I like that.. 

Only question I have is, how will big Nik transition to a new(ish) team in a new league late in the season? especially if we are in the playoff hunt, which I suspect, replacing Tanev with Tram might be dangerous. 

Other option is to trade Tanev after the playoffs

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Looking lean and leading the pack. The fitness criticism is old news catch up people.

That year here showed Tryamkin what level of fitness is needed to be a dominant player.  Looks like he is in a leadership role in Avto too.  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

I like that.. 

Only question I have is, how will big Nik transition to a new(ish) team in a new league late in the season? especially if we are in the playoff hunt, which I suspect, replacing Tanev with Tram might be dangerous. 

If the Canucks do not trade Tanev early in the year in an attempt to get a younger top 4 d man they won't be trading him at the trade deadline if the Canucks are close to a playoff push. It just won't happen. They would then wait till after the season which would probably be too late to get any value at all for him.

But it would make sense to bring in Tryamkin as a spare D when the KHL season ends as in all likelihood we will have at least one injury to a top 6 D that Tryamkin can fill in for.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

That year here showed Tryamkin what level of fitness is needed to be a dominant player.  Looks like he is in a leadership role in Avto too.  

He is listed as Captain this year,. My guess is that it will relinquish to Pavel Datsuyk who signed with Avtomobilist early this month.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He is listed as Captain this year,. My guess is that it will relinquish to Pavel Datsuyk who signed with Avtomobilist early this month.

No no, not relinquished, stripped. At least that's how the negative viewers will see it.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like Avto has 16 Dmen signed, with at least a dozen who could be KHL regulars. But when Tryamkin rotates out for a game, it’ll be a “healthy scratch.” :frantic:

:lol:

If/when he returns to the Canucks, they'll say he's not loyal and a primadonna jumping ship from team to team.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like Avto has 16 Dmen signed, with at least a dozen who could be KHL regulars. But when Tryamkin rotates out for a game, it’ll be a “healthy scratch.” :frantic:

:lol:

They have a stock load of D men, I think they will adjust without Tryamkin 

A couple of their big D looked good last season.

On 7/26/2019 at 6:13 AM, Glug Datt said:

How do you trade a UFA? 

Or do you mean trade his rights before he becomes a UFA? Kevin Hayes like? Who & what would they give up for that?

49 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

How do you trade a UFA? 

Or do you mean trade his rights before he becomes a UFA? Kevin Hayes like? Who & what would they give up for that?

yah admittedly not a real good option.. 

a sign & trade isn't awesome either.. 

if JB does want to move on, he might want to explore that before he gets injured, so start making calls in October :P

6 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

yah admittedly not a real good option.. 

a sign & trade isn't awesome either.. 

if JB does want to move on, he might want to explore that before he gets injured, so start making calls in October :P

If Benning can get Loui squared away by some means and recover that cap space, after Boeser, he’ll have room for one eighth of a ton of Russian D that fills your average doorway.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

If Benning can get Loui squared away by some means and recover that cap space, after Boeser, he’ll have room for one eighth of a ton of Russian D that fills your average doorway.

They’ll move Sutter in feb for a late first if he can be bubble wrapped and stay healthy. Law of averages says he’s due to have a healthy good season. Erickson won’t report to Utica and will void his contract imho. My bet is his agent is already talking to teams and trying to set that up. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

They’ll move Sutter in feb for a late first if he can be bubble wrapped and stay healthy. Law of averages says he’s due to have a healthy good season. Erickson won’t report to Utica and will void his contract imho. My bet is his agent is already talking to teams and trying to set that up. 

Europe or bust for Loui.  He can’t void, or unilaterally terminate his contract, and still play in the NHL.  The Canucks will absolutely support Loui retiring though. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Europe or bust for Loui.  He can’t void, or unilaterally terminate his contract, and still play in the NHL.  The Canucks will absolutely support Loui retiring though. 

They can mutually terminate it. Which is what will happen if they send him to Utica, he will ask. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Sutter won't go anywhere if the Canucks are in a playoff race imo.