The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Sutter was great when he played. He shut down Crosby in one game and nullified a lot of other top lines.  

In any case, I wonder what Nikita has been up to? 

8 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Silly how so? Just like your insight?

The team is trying to keep Gaudette on the roster and trying to get rid of Sutter for a bag of pucks. Sutter was terrible last year when he played

I guess you didn't like the actual evidence I provided that Gaudette is not nearly good enough yet to take over 3C duties.

Maybe go give that a read there pal.

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

But that's the point. Sutter was a step behind because he was playing through a hernia injury until they decided to shut him down. If Sutter is injured again, Gaudette will get more opportunities, if Sutter is healthy, he's currently the better suited player for the role while Gaudette could use the development playing bigger minutes in the AHL. It's not a knock on Gaudette, he just has room to grow still.

The post that I responded to was comparing offensive stats (and I'm assuming +/-) as well and Gaudette compared to an injured Sutter, which means Sutter at closer to 100% is currently the better player. Maybe Gaudette had a good offseason and comes in ready to knock someone off the NHL roster, but camp will decide that. Based on last season and hearing that Sutter is ready for camp should put Sutter ahead of Gaudette on paper at least. So not only did Sutter produce offensively at the same rate as Gaudette while being injured, he was also stronger on the faceoff dot and more often against tougher competition unlike Gaudette who played in a more sheltered role and struggled in a key part of being a "3rd line center".

I have no idea why Sutter gets such a bad rap. Is he injured a lot, yes, but that doesn't make him a poor player much like Tanev who makes the lineup better when he is in.

That other poster is mentally incapable of understanding this it seems.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

On 7/31/2019 at 5:28 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Nice try. I mean, I get that you dislike Sutter but Gaudette won't even start with the Canucks. 

Gaudette was clearly not ready for 3rd line centre minutes in his time with the Canucks last year. He needs to go to Utica to work on his game. He isn't close to Sutter's level yet.....as silly as your comments are.

Careful with your evaluation with Sutter..  He has played very little over the past year, time is not on his side with this club compared to younger players and the clubs willingness to develop a good prospect such as Guadette.

We have no idea if Sutter will maintain a previous level of play,. The bigger “chance” is that he would regress after missing so much hockey, and perhaps change his game after a lengthy injury, and play a “safe” game.

• Cheers 1

On 8/2/2019 at 7:08 AM, theo5789 said:

But that's the point. Sutter was a step behind because he was playing through a hernia injury until they decided to shut him down. If Sutter is injured again, Gaudette will get more opportunities, if Sutter is healthy, he's currently the better suited player for the role while Gaudette could use the development playing bigger minutes in the AHL. It's not a knock on Gaudette, he just has room to grow still.

The post that I responded to was comparing offensive stats (and I'm assuming +/-) as well and Gaudette compared to an injured Sutter, which means Sutter at closer to 100% is currently the better player. Maybe Gaudette had a good offseason and comes in ready to knock someone off the NHL roster, but camp will decide that. Based on last season and hearing that Sutter is ready for camp should put Sutter ahead of Gaudette on paper at least. So not only did Sutter produce offensively at the same rate as Gaudette while being injured, he was also stronger on the faceoff dot and more often against tougher competition unlike Gaudette who played in a more sheltered role and struggled in a key part of being a "3rd line center".

I have no idea why Sutter gets such a bad rap. Is he injured a lot, yes, but that doesn't make him a poor player much like Tanev who makes the lineup better when he is in.

Sutter is injured every year, at some point you can't count on him anymore to be on the lineup. Theres no reason for all this crap of Sutter "getting the hard minutes"  or hes better in the faceoff dot if he can't even be healthy enough to be on the ice. Its what, year 4 now since he's been a Canuck? Has he even played a game in February or March the last what, 3 years?

• Cheers 1

So Tryamkin dominated their first (sort of preseason) tournament game.  Great stretch passes and zone exits, plus a cannon from the blue line for a goal. 

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Finally found video of the Tryamkin's PP goal last night:

Boeser - Horvat - EP

Tryamkin (Edler in the meantime) - Hughes

That would make a nice PP unit. Boeser and EP (secondary faceoff man) in shooting spots with Horvat winning draws and being the net presence and down low guy. Hughes is a rover trying to twist up the PK and create openings with Tryamkin and Edler patrolling the blue line and adding a big shot from the point.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Boeser - Horvat - EP

Tryamkin (Edler in the meantime) - Hughes

That would make a nice PP unit. Boeser and EP (secondary faceoff man) in shooting spots with Horvat winning draws and being the net presence and down low guy. Hughes is a rover trying to twist up the PK and create openings with Tryamkin and Edler patrolling the blue line and adding a big shot from the point.

Or maybe use Tryamkin as the net front presence? 

I remember Chara doing the same.   

24 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Possible with Boeser at the point, but Horvat would still be needed for faceoff duties. I think I rather just go with Ferland/Miller with this intention though.

14 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Tryamkin has been used there in the past with Avtomobilist..

posted a pic of it in the past that I can’t seem to find.

callin it..  Hughes, across to Tryamkin,  back to Hughes, Tryamkin goes to the crease and Pettersen takes the point.. puck goes to Pettersen ..  Pettersen fakes, gets past the defender, shoots corner high, Tryamkin rolls out of the way like a Barn Door in a wind storm and it’s IN!

:towel:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1