The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

18 hours ago, theo5789 said:

They only added Datsyuk.

Avto did not extend contracts to forwards Stephan Da Costa (48 points in regular season) and Francis Pare (35 points) because they were not effective in playoffs (just 4 points combined for both players).

Avto keeps Jakub Kovar (goalie), forwards Dan Sexton and Nigel Dawes.

Avto has signed forwards Jeoff Platt, Peter Holland, Brooks Macek and Pavel Datsyuk.

I would say that the team is pretty much the same and could reach the conference semifinal or maybe final with some luck...

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Datsyuk is the one and only magic man.

Ask Siri.

Wiki differs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Nilsson

"During his NHL career he was called "Mr. Magic" and "The Magic Man", referring to his exceptional puck skills. Wayne Gretzky commented on Nilsson's skills saying "Skills-wise he might have been the most skilled hockey player I ever saw in my entire career""

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This was before Datsyuk.

No one in the history of the game has better hands than Datsyuk. (Maybe Patrick Kane) He’s in a class of his own.

He rightfully inherited that title from Nilsson.

Saw them both play, and they each had fabulous puck skills.  Nilsson was kind of lazy though.  Datsyuk was BY FAR the better player. 

• Upvote 3

Datsyuk was appreciated by the hardcore and even moderate NHL fans.  It's too bad that the common sports fan has never seen or heard of him because he deserved a lot more mainstream success then he got. 

8 hours ago, reyezone said:

I'd be very disappointed if he didn't come back for the playoffs this year.

Man if we make the playoffs and have Ferland and Tryamkin.. omg that would be sick.. and you never know how much of a leap Virtanen will take!

Edited by Brock Botanen
  • Upvote 3

On 8/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, Stierlitz said:

I would be very disappointed if Tryamkin does not return to Canucks next year.

As would I. But I think there is a problem with room on the team:

Myers

Tanev

Edler

Stecher

Benn

Hughes

Plus they probably want to get Juolevi into the lineup at some point.  We all know Tryamkin wants to play minutes so I can't see him signing on as an extra. Tanev is probably gone by end of season so I suppose that helps...

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

Myers

Tanev

Edler

Stecher

Benn

Hughes

Plus they probably want to get Juolevi into the lineup at some point.  We all know Tryamkin wants to play minutes so I can't see him signing on as an extra. Tanev is probably gone by end of season so I suppose that helps...

They will move on from Tanev, almost for sure, and if Try wants to come back, I think Stetch is gone too

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

Myers

Tanev

Edler

Stecher

Benn

Hughes

Having too many NHL ready Dmen is never a problem. It's just another opportunity for management to further team build. I expect Tram could garner a nice return at trade deadline 2020. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

Myers

Tanev

Edler

Stecher

Benn

Hughes

49 minutes ago, stawns said:

They will move on from Tanev, almost for sure, and if Try wants to come back, I think Stetch is gone too

Room can easily be made. As Stawns said Tanev is almost guaranteed to be traded. Doubt Stecher is traded though, I see Benn as a more realistic trade chip but most likely next offseason.

Hughes-Myers

Edler-Stecher

Tryamkin-Benn

Juolevi-Rafferty

Would be a fun way to end the year as a playoff team or not.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Room can easily be made. As Stawns said Tanev is almost guaranteed to be traded. Doubt Stecher is traded though, I see Benn as a more realistic trade chip but most likely next offseason.

Hughes-Myers

Edler-Stecher

Tryamkin-Benn

Juolevi-Rafferty

Would be a fun way to end the year as a playoff team or not.

What says that "Tanev is almost guaranteed to be traded."

Some thought that 3 years ago, 2 years ago, and 1 year ago. Nothing points to Tanev being traded. Nothing the team has said and no rumors imo.

Should have traded him 3 or 4 years ago when he had high value imo. Although I really like him. 

If the team does well and is pushing for a playoff spot then there is ZERO chance they trade him. Teams pushing for playoff spots don't trade their best solid D men.

• Upvote 2