The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Avto lost game yesterday vs AK Bars 5-2 playing again with mostly young forward lines. Tryamkin with assist on the second goal by Geoff Platt.

Avto beat Dinamo Minsk 6-0 today but Tryamkin did not play. All veteran forwards except Pavel Datsyuk were on the ice.

15 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

But they are a very high probability to make the playoffs, right?

Their forwards crapped the bed last year's playoffs. I haven't really scene an upgrade in the forward's. Their forwards are too small and Dawes disappeared. Their top guy. I think they will make the playoffs but not make it past the first round.

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Their forwards crapped the bed last year's playoffs. I haven't really scene an upgrade in the forward's. Their forwards are too small and Dawes disappeared. Their top guy. I think they will make the playoffs but not make it past the first round.

They only added Datsyuk.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

They only added Datsyuk.

Might be ok for the regular season but the playoffs were WAY more physical last year, like here in NA. And add to that hey are now playing on NHL size ice at home now. Too small up front.

18 hours ago, theo5789 said:

They only added Datsyuk.

Avto did not extend contracts to forwards Stephan Da Costa (48 points in regular season) and Francis Pare (35 points) because they were not effective in playoffs (just 4 points combined for both players).

Avto keeps Jakub Kovar (goalie), forwards Dan Sexton and Nigel Dawes.

Avto has signed forwards Jeoff Platt, Peter Holland, Brooks Macek and Pavel Datsyuk.

I would say that the team is pretty much the same and could reach the conference semifinal or maybe final with some luck...

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Datsyuk is the one and only magic man.

Ask Siri.

Wiki differs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Nilsson

"During his NHL career he was called "Mr. Magic" and "The Magic Man", referring to his exceptional puck skills. Wayne Gretzky commented on Nilsson's skills saying "Skills-wise he might have been the most skilled hockey player I ever saw in my entire career""

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This was before Datsyuk.

No one in the history of the game has better hands than Datsyuk. (Maybe Patrick Kane) He’s in a class of his own.

He rightfully inherited that title from Nilsson.

Saw them both play, and they each had fabulous puck skills.  Nilsson was kind of lazy though.  Datsyuk was BY FAR the better player. 

• Upvote 3