The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

What says that "Tanev is almost guaranteed to be traded."

Some thought that 3 years ago, 2 years ago, and 1 year ago. Nothing points to Tanev being traded. Nothing the team has said and no rumors imo.

Should have traded him 3 or 4 years ago when he had high value imo. Although I really like him. 

If the team does well and is pushing for a playoff spot then there is ZERO chance they trade him. Teams pushing for playoff spots don't trade their best solid D men.

If they're in the play-offs they should sit Tanev and hold him back so he's there when they need him the most

11 hours ago, kloubek said:

As would I. But I think there is a problem with room on the team:

Myers

Tanev

Edler

Stecher

Benn

Hughes

Plus they probably want to get Juolevi into the lineup at some point.  We all know Tryamkin wants to play minutes so I can't see him signing on as an extra. Tanev is probably gone by end of season so I suppose that helps...

You know we'll  get an excessive amount injuries on the back end, and my guess is everyone of these players plus one or two more will probably see ice time. Don't forget about Fantenberg and Biega either. We still need to see if brisbois and saunter are NHLers 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Avto lost exhibition game against Salavat Yulaev 6-5 in SO. Tryamkin played in the 3rd pair on defence, zero points, one 2-min penalty for tripping in the 1st period and another 2-min in the 3rd (no penalty description). He did not have letter C or A. Not sure what role he is going to play with the team this season.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto lost exhibition game against Salavat Yulaev 6-5 in SO. Tryamkin played in the 3rd pair on defence, zero points, one 2-min penalty for tripping in the 1st period and another 2-min in the 3rd (no penalty description). He did not have letter C or A. Not sure what role he is going to play with the team this season.

Is it possible for Nikita to buy out his contract now, and come play here?  The 

Canucks could give him a signing bonus to cover the buyout cost.  

Sure miss watching him play. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 8/26/2019 at 5:10 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

What says that "Tanev is almost guaranteed to be traded."

Some thought that 3 years ago, 2 years ago, and 1 year ago. Nothing points to Tanev being traded. Nothing the team has said and no rumors imo.

Should have traded him 3 or 4 years ago when he had high value imo. Although I really like him. 

If the team does well and is pushing for a playoff spot then there is ZERO chance they trade him. Teams pushing for playoff spots don't trade their best solid D men.

We are transitioning to a younger team, in order to do that profitably we must translate older players into values - the only time to trade a player profitably is when he is healthy.  Our schedules in the past few years have been the worst in the league - this year, at least until March we have a favorable schedule.  There is a far greater chance of injury to weary players. For the first time in years Tanev has a chance to stay reasonably healthy for a couple of good reasons - he will be playing fewer games at the end of three games in four nights (or worse four in six). Last year we were playing three in four 10 times, 4 in 6 seven times. No other team was even close. For instance, Montreal had no four in six and only four three in four. Secondly, we have much more depth on D this year in terms of quality players that can play against the other team's best players and at the most critical times defensively - this will also leave Tanev less vulnerable to injury. Him having long stretches without injury will make him more trade-able, and that is a situation we have to take advantage of. We have some younger players that are pushing for playing time - hopefully, one of those will be a healthy Juolevi or Rafferty (who showed well in two appearances last season). At the end of the season, we may also have Tryamkin available - even Rathbone or Woo. 

Relying on the fragile Tanev during the toughest, most physical and demanding time of year is a fool's mission - he should be long gone by then, and we should have replaced him with a guy who is not Mr. Glass.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/27/2019 at 7:38 PM, Alflives said:

Nikita would not buy out his remaining contract year because this is his home team - parents, relatives, friends, basically the whole city...

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Nikita would not buy out his remaining contract year because this is his home team - parents, relatives, friends, basically the whole city...

Come on Stierlitz....don't let accuracy get in the way of a good story!

:ph34r:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

I understand what you're saying about home, it counts a lot. However if he gets injured at home or in NA the result can be substantially different. Hockey is a short limited life, often cut short with injuries. The ruble is in the dumper  and unlikely to improve in the near future. A business move would be return to the NHL ASAP and get his 400 games ( required for his pension ) in as soon as ;ossible. Further if he stay and develops secondary skill/speed it ill come back and bite him IMHO 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If he gets hurt in the KHL this year it could cost him quite a bit if he loses this year and part of next.

He's making sub one million there and worth a lot more here.

Income only taxable at 13% in Russia - 53% in Canada. Unless he gets almost twice as much here - guaranteed - he's worse off.

On 8/27/2019 at 10:38 PM, Alflives said:

I think Benning said something about having to start the KHL buyout process a year before the actual buyout.

So that ship has sailed, but I believe the plan is he could come as early as late-February if his team misses the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He's worth at least Hutton's 2.8 if not 3 or more

I agree, but the difference in tax rates and cost of living make that pretty much break even between playing in Vancouver and playing in Russia. So it's not really costing him financially to play for his hometown team, at least in the short term.

Long term of course is different. Several years from now I could see him earning in the NHL a salary that would eat up half of a Russian team's salary cap.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

I agree, but the difference in tax rates and cost of living make that pretty much break even between playing in Vancouver and playing in Russia. So it's not really costing him financially to play for his hometown team, at least in the short term.

Long term of course is different. Several years from now I could see him earning in the NHL a salary that would eat up half of a Russian team's salary cap.

What does he get for that tax difference?  World class education for his kids, free health care etc etc.

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

I think a show me contract @ 2-3 million for two or three years and a good pay raise if/when he proves himself during regular season and playoffs.

anywhere from 4-6 per if he plays like he did before he left.