The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

13 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Nikita would not buy out his remaining contract year because this is his home team - parents, relatives, friends, basically the whole city...

I understand what you're saying about home, it counts a lot. However if he gets injured at home or in NA the result can be substantially different. Hockey is a short limited life, often cut short with injuries. The ruble is in the dumper  and unlikely to improve in the near future. A business move would be return to the NHL ASAP and get his 400 games ( required for his pension ) in as soon as ;ossible. Further if he stay and develops secondary skill/speed it ill come back and bite him IMHO 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If he gets hurt in the KHL this year it could cost him quite a bit if he loses this year and part of next.

He's making sub one million there and worth a lot more here.

Income only taxable at 13% in Russia - 53% in Canada. Unless he gets almost twice as much here - guaranteed - he's worse off.

On 8/27/2019 at 10:38 PM, Alflives said:

Is it possible for Nikita to buy out his contract now, and come play here?  The 

Canucks could give him a signing bonus to cover the buyout cost.  

Sure miss watching him play. 

I think Benning said something about having to start the KHL buyout process a year before the actual buyout.

So that ship has sailed, but I believe the plan is he could come as early as late-February if his team misses the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He's worth at least Hutton's 2.8 if not 3 or more

I agree, but the difference in tax rates and cost of living make that pretty much break even between playing in Vancouver and playing in Russia. So it's not really costing him financially to play for his hometown team, at least in the short term.

Long term of course is different. Several years from now I could see him earning in the NHL a salary that would eat up half of a Russian team's salary cap.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

I agree, but the difference in tax rates and cost of living make that pretty much break even between playing in Vancouver and playing in Russia. So it's not really costing him financially to play for his hometown team, at least in the short term.

Long term of course is different. Several years from now I could see him earning in the NHL a salary that would eat up half of a Russian team's salary cap.

What does he get for that tax difference?  World class education for his kids, free health care etc etc.

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

I think a show me contract @ 2-3 million for two or three years and a good pay raise if/when he proves himself during regular season and playoffs.

anywhere from 4-6 per if he plays like he did before he left.

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Canadian taxes only apply to games played here.  I suspect a good accountant can find ways to whittle down his Canadian taxes.  I suspect the team has housing for some of the younger guys as well.  There are probably other perks as well.

Find it hard to believe the taxes in Russia are only 13% for a citizen making millions.  Hopefully someone can verify this?  Source?

• Upvote 1

Man talk about a good problem

We are running out of cap space because our players are good

I think Benning needs to be careful here, as all GM's would have to be in his case

With Boeser most likely in the 6.75 to 7.25 range, Pettersson's contract coming up (8 to 9 M range?), Hughes coming up (we will see), etc

We have precious little cap to waste...…..

Tryamkin's show me contract should be around Hutton's old contract (pro-rated), so what 3.5 to 4 M? This is where a good capoligist is needed.

This is why guys like Sutter, Baertschi, Tanev, and Markstrom are expendable...……= 16 Million ish in current contracts and all due for a raises 

either next year or the year after...………..not only are they older in a young mans game, but we will not be able to afford them all, and will have to

have room to add the Podkolzin's, Tryamkin's, Hoglander's. etc

This is why as much as anything, we need to sign Tryamkin...…….he will be 26 going into next season, with no real replacement for Tanev other than him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Man talk about a good problem

We are running out of cap space because our players are good

I think Benning needs to be careful here, as all GM's would have to be in his case

With Boeser most likely in the 6.75 to 7.25 range, Pettersson's contract coming up (8 to 9 M range?), Hughes coming up (we will see), etc

We have precious little cap to waste...…..

Tryamkin's show me contract should be around Hutton's old contract (pro-rated), so what 3.5 to 4 M? This is where a good capoligist is needed.

This is why guys like Sutter, Baertschi, Tanev, and Markstrom are expendable...……= 16 Million ish in current contracts and all due for a raises 

either next year or the year after...………..not only are they older in a young mans game, but we will not be able to afford them all, and will have to

have room to add the Podkolzin's, Tryamkin's, Hoglander's. etc

This is why as much as anything, we need to sign Tryamkin...…….he will be 26 going into next season, with no real replacement for Tanev other than him.

I think Sutter is good trade material. Veteran shut down guy, good for insurance shut down on the 3rd or 4th line, I think there are a few teams that could use help to get into the playoffs or post season. I think Baer and Goldy are the same type of player and we could trade one of them.

• Upvote 1

Avto plays Severstal at home in the season opener on Sep 2.

In an unrelated note, Datsyuk is listed in the LTIR list published today by the KHL. He had some successful surgery two weeks ago (no details provided, just mentioned that this was the same type of injury that bothered him back in the NHL). The optimistic expectation is that he would be in the lineup by October.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Sutter is good trade material. Veteran shut down guy, good for insurance shut down on the 3rd or 4th line, I think there are a few teams that could use help to get into the playoffs or post season. I think Baer and Goldy are the same type of player and we could trade one of them.

I totally agree with you

Which IMHO it should be Baertschi is at all possible

Goldy is younger and with no concussion history, and will be considerable cheaper for the next few years

Which if you look at our roster it makes so much more sense to keep Goldy

13 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I totally agree with you

Which IMHO it should be Baertschi is at all possible

Goldy is younger and with no concussion history, and will be considerable cheaper for the next few years

Which if you look at our roster it makes so much more sense to keep Goldy

Baer is good defensively and can easily slide to the third line.

• Upvote 1