The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

As has been mentioned, pretty good chance we see him signed.  With the shape our D is in, there is plenty of opportunity -- and I would not doubt for a minute that is why JB constituted it the way he did this year with the expiring deals.  Hamhuis is probably 50/50 but he likely expects Pedan to make the team next year, and likely resigning Weber or Bartkowski only if they either show very well or as a backup plan.

I think Hamhuis is going to end his Career in Vancouver. There are too many reasons that Benning would want him to stay. Without Hamhuis are defence core is a mess and I'm willing to bet he will take less money to stay here.

Tanev-Edler

Hamhuis-Hutton

is a good defencecore to go into a "transition" with. Solid mix of veteran presences with two younger players who will lead the transition. 

On November 17, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Fred65 said:

My apologies for the "quote" glitch.

just watching Tryamkin in  the Spengler.  He is playing exceptional. His coach has him playing in every situation , including killing off a 5 on 3.. I can not recall ever watching a man his size skate so well, his accelaration out of his end is above average,  along with that his puck skills, passing, physical play, and agressivness.

do watch him,. As im sure the Can vs Yek game will repeat sometime today on TSN2

hope we see him with the Nucks late this season, or at least in Utica. 

It gets confusing with this thread sometimes you hear he wants to play in Russia and some people say he wants to play here. It's seems hard to get any concrete evidence either way. If he decides to come over here does he really have the skill to step into the NHL? or does he want to go the AHL route that might mean 1-3 years?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

I think Hamhuis is going to end his Career in Vancouver. There are too many reasons that Benning would want him to stay. Without Hamhuis are defence core is a mess and I'm willing to bet he will take less money to stay here.

Tanev-Edler

Hamhuis-Hutton

is a good defencecore to go into a "transition" with. Solid mix of veteran presences with two younger players who will lead the transition. 

Hamhuis likely wants some term on his new contract even if he takes a cut. I highly doubt Benning will be willing to do that, nor should he. I agree with your veteran presence but suggest that will rest on Edler and Tanev. A out of the box presence is Alex Beiga. Not a top 4 but he is looking really good and at 27 is a little older. In the end I think Hamhuis goes with hopefully a return of picks or prospect in February. He is ideal for a CUP bound contender.

Tryamkin(KHL vet now) holds great promise as well as does Pedan who had a pretty solid debut last night. It is more reason why Hamhuis will leave.

Edited by Boudrias

That rush by Tryamkin into the offensive zone at the end of the game was impressive.  He has great wheels for a big man!  I don't see any reason he won't be a Canuck next season.  Pedan looked good last night too.

Edler   Tanev

Yandle  Sbisa

Hutton  Tryamkin

Pedan   Bartkowski

The Canucks trade Hamhuis at deadline and sign Yandle in the off season.

• Upvote 2

On November 17, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Fred65 said:

Please excuse my quote glitch. Im actually trying to quote "ICE ORCA" in regards to Tryamkins contract. 

We know his contract with his KHL club expires with this season ending (regular ends in Feb).  In any press or YouTube about NT, it seems as though he has wanted to being hos full confidence level up before looking at potentialy playing in the NHL.

in his game at the Spengler, its my opinion, he is ready for NHL, and will make an impact.

another thing to consider,. I have not been able to find what amount of money he has been making in the KHL, .. But i do know that the RUBBLE, is worth aprx. 2cents to the Canadian Dollar, and then less to the American.  Might easily be worked out to be lucrative for him to fly over for a couple of months of ice time :)

21 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

Tanev-Edler

Hamhuis-Hutton

Before Hutton came out like gang busters I was all over re-sign Dan. Now, not so much.

But now, if we have a build up, its at left D. We can field a nice left side without Dan. Edler / Hutton / Sbisa / Pedan. That's even without re-signing Bartkowski either. Even have some nice prospects; Tryamkin, Brisbois?

Based on depth on the left side, with that look; I would only be signing one of Hamhuis & Bartkowski (who is also on an expiring UFA deal). I would be expanding the role of Ben Hutton and working in Tryamkin & Pedan! Cost considered and also the fact we could get a return at the deadline on Dan it would be Bartkowski I re-sign.

It remains the organizations biggest challenge to build the right side of our D. Where our current depth chart is in tatters with Tanev / Biega / Weber. Tanev and Biega, Chris in particular obviously, being very steady! But as a whole, lacking size, snarl and being extremely weak in pucks kills, play making or having a guy who can break down opposing defences. There is some margin of hope that between Carl Neil & Jordan Subban there may be some skill in our prospect pool. But even that is rife with questions?

I'm calling for a three part plan to solve our RHD problem! One; draft two RHD in the first three rounds this year. BTW I'd be ok with three D being picked in the first three rounds and including a lefty as well! Two; Expend Hammer's cap (and more) on the best RHD we can find in the UFA pool. Byfuglien anybody? Three; Trade a combination of forward & prospect depth for the best advanced RHD prospect or young player we can get our hands on. Maybe even get an advanced prospect and young player?

You cannot let the cupboard get so completely fracking bare!

• Upvote 4

Ya, Edler, Hamhuis, Hutton, Pedan, Tryamkin, Bartkowski, Sbisa are all lefties.

If Hamhuis were moved, adding a top 4 rightie would be a must.  That's the only way I see Hutton playing top 4 to start next season.  That's a highly sought after player.

Edited by Crabcakes

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 11:33 AM, Stierlitz said:

Yes, money is the big factor. He is playing out last year of his ELC contract in KHL and next one would be a lot different. Minimum salary for KHL players age 21 and older is about 500,000 USD (with current dollar/rouble rate) while in AHL it is 50,000. He stated earlier in his interview that he was not going to play in AHL. His current KHL contract expires on April 30, 2016.

Just want to repeat my post for those wondering about his new possible contract with KHL...

40 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Just want to repeat my post for those wondering about his new possible contract with KHL...

Is Tryamkins team likely to make play off's in the KHL?

I asked this next question before. Like a college player who's season ends, can they not be signed for the balance of an NHL season on a ''one'' year contract which then expires RFA at the end of our year.  The reason I ask is its my understanding players 1st EHL contracts have to be 2 way. But if the balance of the 2015-16 is then first year > the July 1 we could extend a one way second contract???

Edited by Canuck Surfer
spelling
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I asked this next question before. Like a college player who's season ends, can they not be signed for the balance of an NHL season on a ''one'' year contract which then expires RFA at the end of our year.  The reason I ask is its my understanding players 1st EHL contracts have to be 2 way. But if the balance of the 2015-16 is the first year > the July 1 we could extend a one way second contract???

Great idea.  Even if this idea doesn't work, you are showing there are ways for the Canucks to be creative, so we can get him here.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I asked this next question before. Like a college player who's season ends, can they not be signed for the balance of an NHL season on a ''one'' year contract which then expires RFA at the end of our year.  The reason I ask is its my understanding players 1st EHL contracts have to be 2 way. But if the balance of the 2015-16 is the first year > the July 1 we could extend a one way second contract???

Yes, I would say so. His team is currently in 7th place in the Eastern conference with 8 teams making playoffs. I would expect them to finish in 6-8th place, pretty young team. Anyway, KHL playoffs are going to finish by his contract expire date to make players available for world championship. The problem is that his team will try to sign him before that date...

21 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Yes, I would say so. His team is currently in 7th place in the Eastern conference with 8 teams making playoffs. I would expect them to finish in 6-8th place, pretty young team. Anyway, KHL playoffs are going to finish by his contract expire date to make players available for world championship. The problem is that his team will try to sign him before that date...

Godspeed & may the force be with you Jim Benning.

We want this boy (derp) in North American April 2016!  Someone else can debate as Canuck, Black Ace or AHL ace in the hole?

Nikita might even play for Team Russia in the world championship, who knows. He participated in the training camp before the last one in March 25-29, 2015 but did not make the national team. Now he is a year older and Spengler Cup is good opportunity to showcase himself.