The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

22 hours ago, hammertime said:

Thats a whole lot of presumption. realistically are they going to be a top 10 d corp in the NHL in 2 years?

I mean its some, but not as much as you might think.

Hughes, Myers and Stecher are all NHL calibre players. Juolevi will be an NHL player in some form or other but easily on the roster in 2 years.

Tryamkin and Woo are the 2 real question marks. In Tryamkins case he's been stated in deciding to come back next year, whether he's a long term NHL calibre player remains to be seen but its easy to see him filling in the spot of Benn or Edler on the left side.

Im just really high on Woo and I think he can be ready for an NHL role in 2 years, but thats the largest guess/presumption by far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto beat SKA at home 5-2. Tryamkin with 19:37 of ice time, 1A on empty net goal, +1. Podkolzin on the other side played 0:40 total.

Is that a typo or is that really 40 seconds?  :o

Wow, hopefully Podkolzin can find a new team, he's not going to progress very much playing as little as the backup goalie...

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is that a typo or is that really 40 seconds?  :o

Wow, hopefully Podkolzin can find a new team, he's not going to progress very much playing as little as the backup goalie...

Young players don't get much playing time in the KHL.  His best bet is to actually drop down a level and play in the MHL this year.  KHL is full of very very strong mature players, and it's a league where winning today is all that matters so young players have a tough time cracking the lineup. 

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Young players don't get much playing time in the KHL.  His best bet is to actually drop down a level and play in the MHL this year.  KHL is full of very very strong mature players, and it's a league where winning today is all that matters so young players have a tough time cracking the lineup. 

This is true and I agree.  Playing one shift a game is not gonna be good for his development.  He's better off playing 18-20 minutes a night in a lower league.  He's only 18 so he doesn't need to be with the big boys this year.  Maybe next year he can move up.

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto beat SKA at home 5-2. Tryamkin with 19:37 of ice time, 1A on empty net goal, +1. Podkolzin on the other side played 0:40 total.

Tryamkin with a solid game. One nice hit into the corner and take away. Looked great on a late PK. My favorite was his slap shot from his own blueline, goalie almost caught napping.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is true and I agree.  Playing one shift a game is not gonna be good for his development.  He's better off playing 18-20 minutes a night in a lower league.  He's only 18 so he doesn't need to be with the big boys this year.  Maybe next year he can move up.

Maybe the MHL would be better or maybe he can buy out his own contract and come on over...

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin with a solid game. One nice hit into the corner and take away. Looked great on a late PK. My favorite was his slap shot from his own blueline, goalie almost caught napping.  

Man I can’t wait until he comes back.  I miss everything that he brings.  Such a key piece for us.  I think we all forget what he actually brought when with us.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Kind of sounds like how the NHL used to be 3+ years ago. But now the young guys have taken over the NHL....the KHL will catch up at some point probably.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Kind of sounds like how the NHL used to be 3+ years ago. But now the young guys have taken over the NHL....the KHL will catch up at some point probably.

With all due respect Mr. @Kanukfanatic, I think that the key difference is that if a young player takes two years to become a superstar, he will go over to the NHL.  So KHL has zero incentive to develop a young player.  In the NHL, if you got a young player that will struggle and lose your games, you're okay with it as long as it means that in two-three years you'll be winning games. 

39 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Podkolzin should come over and play a year of junior. He would get huge minutes and experience, learn the language and culture. Follow the path Svetchnikov took, it was good for him, for sure. Not playing is not good for development.

He's under contract ( irrevocable ) with St Petersburg in the KHL for this season and next.

11 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Man I can’t wait until he comes back.  I miss everything that he brings.  Such a key piece for us.  I think we all forget what he actually brought when with us.

I really hope we push to sign and bring him over next spring after his KHL season is over. He is in the final year of his contract with them no?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Fred65 said:

He's under contract ( irrevocable ) with St Petersburg in the KHL for this season and next.

I thought it was over at the end of this coming season.  That is why there has been talk of him coming over at the end of his KHL season.  Correct me if I am wrong please.

16 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That was battle of two KHL titans: Avto is top-3 team in East and SKA is top-3 in West. SKA was loosing so obviously a young inexperienced player was on the bench. Next game SKA plays at home against Sibir, Podkolzin will get ice time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

His contract was for 2 yrs.:(

I think that this post below is accurate on the contract details.  I believe their season end early so we can bring him in closer to the end of the year:

On 9/2/2019 at 11:55 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

He hasn't renewed with Avto his contract runs out at the end of the season Feb 27(unless they go into the playoffs). He still has his Instagram in a Canuck uniform. He has expressed a desire to come back. He makes sub one million there should at least double his pay here, if not more. He still follows our games and players.

• Upvote 3