The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Boston, remember them. They won the SC right here in Vcr in 2011. Maybe you didn't notice but they were in the FINAL again. Now that's turning it around. In the last 5 years lots of team have made good progress. In 2011 TB didn't make it to the play-offs, now ? Don't look at the prospects, they maybe good, turn out to be flops or average, hey maybe they get injured ( like OJ for the last 3 years) you can't just celebrate prospects when the goal is to win a Cup

You guys are in the wrong thread.

7 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Boston, remember them. They won the SC right here in Vcr in 2011. Maybe you didn't notice but they were in the FINAL again. Now that's turning it around. In the last 5 years lots of team have made good progress. In 2011 TB didn't make it to the play-offs, now ? Don't look at the prospects, they maybe good, turn out to be flops or average, hey maybe they get injured ( like OJ for the last 3 years) you can't just celebrate prospects when the goal is to win a Cup

I fail to see in the quote that the grand statement saying they will win the Cup in 5 years. The goal for every team in the NHL is to win the Cup, every team takes a different path there. Benning wanted to turn the team around and he has done exactly that (arguably in a even shorter timeframe considering when the "rebuild" actually began).

Tampa Bay now? Swept in the 1st round? Boston made it to the finals again and didn't win, but isn't the goal to win a Cup? If not, is our goal to simply make the finals again and be happy with it? Benning was with Boston at the time and I'm not going to say he gets full credit, but he brought the mentality of drafting well here that Boston had. They had a better drafting program and prospect pool to draw from in the same time frame. You need to understand that not every path is linear and there are many variables involved as to why teams go in different directions.

Don't look at the prospects? Why not? Because it goes against your argument? These prospects are the future towards getting us towards that Cup. Having that young depth at a cheap cost is what is going to help us sustain a good team for much longer.

• Cheers 1

I am a firm believer that Tryamkin will be back. That being said I am curbing my expectations for his performance when he does.  I don't think anything should be gifted him he will have to earn his way up the depth chart. Which as I see it 

Hughes Myers 

Edler Tanev

Benn Stetcher

Maybe he supplants Benn but I bet Juolevi gets first crack at that. maybe Benning trades Tanev, Woo is lurking there too. Tryamkin is gonna have to show that he has learned to use his X factor if he is going to be more than a depth D as there are other kids chomping at the bit to relegate him to bottom pairing. If he had stayed he would have solidified his position in our top 4 but with our current group I see that as a tougher task. Its one thing to beat out Hutton Biega Webber Sbisa Bartowski, Pedan, Fedun and charge up the depth chart thankfully that is no longer the state of our D.   

Edited by hammertime
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, hammertime said:

I am a firm believer that Tryamkin will be back. That being said I am curbing my expectations for his performance when he does.  I don't think anything should be gifted him he will have to earn his way up the depth chart. Which as I see it 

Hughes Myers 

Edler Tanev

Benn Stetcher

Maybe he supplants Benn but I bet Juolevi gets first crack at that. maybe Benning trades Tanev, Woo is lurking there too. Tryamkin is gonna have to show that he has learned to use his X factor if he is going to be more than a depth D as there are other kids chomping at the bit to relegate him to bottom pairing. If he had stayed he would have solidified his position in our top 4 but with our current group I see that as a tougher task. Its one thing to beat out Hutton Biega Webber Sbisa Bartowski, Pedan, Fedun and charge up the depth chart thankfully that is no longer the state of our D.   

Tryamkin won't be coming back this year but there will be a spot on the right side open next year with Tanev most likely leaving. 

20 hours ago, hammertime said:

Hughes Myers 

Edler Tanev

Benn Stetcher

Joulevi is still recovering from a knee injury. I hope we don't rush it. I think JB is starting him in Utica. That'll be a great way to rehab his knee with controlled levels of physical contact. Plus lots of PP time. Tryamkin is already on the 1st PK unit and playing a defense first defenseman. I don't think Joulevi is his prime competition.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Joulevi is still recovering from a knee injury. I hope we don't rush it. I think JB is starting him in Utica. That'll be a great way to rehab his knee with controlled levels of physical contact. Plus lots of PP time. Tryamkin is already on the 1st PK unit and playing a defense first defenseman. I don't think Joulevi is his prime competition.

Dream team with who we currently have in 2 years,

Hughes-Woo

Juolevi-Myers

Tryamkin-Stecher

• Like 2

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

I agree Tanev is his most likely target but he still has to get in the lineup. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, hammertime said:

Thats a whole lot of presumption. realistically are they going to be a top 10 d corp in the NHL in 2 years?

I mean its some, but not as much as you might think.

Hughes, Myers and Stecher are all NHL calibre players. Juolevi will be an NHL player in some form or other but easily on the roster in 2 years.

Tryamkin and Woo are the 2 real question marks. In Tryamkins case he's been stated in deciding to come back next year, whether he's a long term NHL calibre player remains to be seen but its easy to see him filling in the spot of Benn or Edler on the left side.

Im just really high on Woo and I think he can be ready for an NHL role in 2 years, but thats the largest guess/presumption by far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto beat SKA at home 5-2. Tryamkin with 19:37 of ice time, 1A on empty net goal, +1. Podkolzin on the other side played 0:40 total.

Is that a typo or is that really 40 seconds?  :o

Wow, hopefully Podkolzin can find a new team, he's not going to progress very much playing as little as the backup goalie...

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Is that a typo or is that really 40 seconds?  :o

Wow, hopefully Podkolzin can find a new team, he's not going to progress very much playing as little as the backup goalie...

Young players don't get much playing time in the KHL.  His best bet is to actually drop down a level and play in the MHL this year.  KHL is full of very very strong mature players, and it's a league where winning today is all that matters so young players have a tough time cracking the lineup. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Young players don't get much playing time in the KHL.  His best bet is to actually drop down a level and play in the MHL this year.  KHL is full of very very strong mature players, and it's a league where winning today is all that matters so young players have a tough time cracking the lineup. 

This is true and I agree.  Playing one shift a game is not gonna be good for his development.  He's better off playing 18-20 minutes a night in a lower league.  He's only 18 so he doesn't need to be with the big boys this year.  Maybe next year he can move up.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto beat SKA at home 5-2. Tryamkin with 19:37 of ice time, 1A on empty net goal, +1. Podkolzin on the other side played 0:40 total.

Tryamkin with a solid game. One nice hit into the corner and take away. Looked great on a late PK. My favorite was his slap shot from his own blueline, goalie almost caught napping.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is true and I agree.  Playing one shift a game is not gonna be good for his development.  He's better off playing 18-20 minutes a night in a lower league.  He's only 18 so he doesn't need to be with the big boys this year.  Maybe next year he can move up.

Maybe the MHL would be better or maybe he can buy out his own contract and come on over...

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin with a solid game. One nice hit into the corner and take away. Looked great on a late PK. My favorite was his slap shot from his own blueline, goalie almost caught napping.  

Man I can’t wait until he comes back.  I miss everything that he brings.  Such a key piece for us.  I think we all forget what he actually brought when with us.

• Upvote 2