The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

That was battle of two KHL titans: Avto is top-3 team in East and SKA is top-3 in West. SKA was loosing so obviously a young inexperienced player was on the bench. Next game SKA plays at home against Sibir, Podkolzin will get ice time.

If SKA is behind in the game then yes it makes sense to play the veterans.  But 40 seconds is one shift, you don't shorten your bench in the 1st period.  You would think he would have gotten at least 5-6 shifts even in a tight game with a good opponent.  

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If SKA is behind in the game then yes it makes sense to play the veterans.  But 40 seconds is one shift, you don't shorten your bench in the 1st period.  You would think he would have gotten at least 5-6 shifts even in a tight game with a good opponent.  

It seems that’s how Russian coaches use their young guys.  It’s the same for their U20 team.  Rarely do guys not 19 even make their team, let alone play.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It seems that’s how Russian coaches use their young guys.  It’s the same for their U20 team.  Rarely do guys not 19 even make their team, let alone play.  

This is true.  I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to have Podkolzin playing in the KHL this year.  I'm sure he'll get his minutes but there could be lots of games where he's sitting on the bench the entire game.  He's better off being a top guy in a lower end league knowing he's the go to guy and getting 18-19 minutes a night.  Much better for his development I think.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think someone posted somewhere than in the KHL they ice 13 F and 7 D. So if your a youngster your likely to be that "extra" guy...unless you are some unworldly talented player, but then you would probably just be in the NHL

6 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I think someone posted somewhere than in the KHL they ice 13 F and 7 D. So if your a youngster your likely to be that "extra" guy...unless you are some unworldly talented player, but then you would probably just be in the NHL

I think all the recent top Russian players came over in their early 20’s, excepting ones that played Major Junior.  Podkolzin is a great young talent.  

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is true.  I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to have Podkolzin playing in the KHL this year.  I'm sure he'll get his minutes but there could be lots of games where he's sitting on the bench the entire game.  He's better off being a top guy in a lower end league knowing he's the go to guy and getting 18-19 minutes a night.  Much better for his development I think.

That's up tp Podkolzin, not the Canucks

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm just wondering if it's a good idea to have Podkolzin playing in the KHL this year.  I'm sure he'll get his minutes but there could be lots of games where he's sitting on the bench the entire game.  He's better off being a top guy in a lower end league knowing he's the go to guy and getting 18-19 minutes a night.  Much better for his development I think.

Let's wait for the next several SKA games, the closest one is on Sep 10 at home. Kudashov is very good coach for developing young players. If the KHL is too much for Podkolzin at this time, Vasily is going to play in the VHL for sure.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto beat Metallurg 3-2 in SO. Tryamkin with 17:45 of ice time, 1A, 2 hits, 4 blocks. For some reason Tryamkin did not play PP but did play PK. This is video of his assist:

Man he's so tall they couldn't even fit him all on the camera shot for a bit there.

• Haha 1

Tryamkin isn’t tall. He’s a small giant. He has crazy strength and his body isn’t lanky, and he just has giant blood in him.

I happy he finally found a helmet that fits. 

Also nice outlet pass.

Cant wait till spring when he’s a Canuck again.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Tryamkin isn’t tall. He’s a small giant. He has crazy strength and his body isn’t lanky, and he just has giant blood in him.

Also nice outlet pass.

:lol:

7 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Also nice outlet pass.

Perhaps that where he lost the 10 pounds ;) 

• Cheers 1

On 9/9/2019 at 5:58 PM, Stierlitz said:

Avto beat Metallurg 3-2 in SO. Tryamkin with 17:45 of ice time, 1A, 2 hits, 4 blocks. For some reason Tryamkin did not play PP but did play PK. This is video of his assist:

I have only seen him maybe once on the PP in all the games from last year. He has a very heavy shot. I think we can try him out on PP2 maybe.

Plus a move to the crease from the point would create havoc for opposing defenders.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I have only seen him maybe once on the PP in all the games from last year. He has a very heavy shot. I think we can try him out on PP2 maybe.

Plus a move to the crease from the point would create havoc for opposing defenders.

Something the Canucks have been lacking for some time now.  Would be great to see Tram fixing that problem...walking the line with a booming shot on goal.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Sounds like the perfect weight for him...Chara is 6'9", 265lbs. or so...that should keep him mobile but bone-crushing...

Except...Chara can't skate like Tryamkin.  That's why he's such a freak of nature.  The guy skates like he's 5'10"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1