The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I believe you are mistaken about the ED. Pretty sure that Tram is eligible.

Just read it on NHL .com..  all first and second year NHL players, all unsigned draft picks are exempt and not counted as “protected”.

sorry couldn’t paste or copy from the link.

Nik is a one year guy I beleive.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Why is that? Doesn't he have the required amount of professional games?

Just read it on NHL .com..  all first and second year NHL players, all unsigned draft picks are exempt and not counted as “protected”.

Nik is a one year guy I believe.

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Nik is a one year guy I believe.

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

So...…..Tryamkin played

13 games the first year

66 games the second

does that only count as 1 year?

30 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So...…..Tryamkin played

13 games the first year

66 games the second

Counts as two pro years, so he’s expansion draft eligible. Even if he’s still not under contract, Seattle would be eligible to negotiate with him as part of the expansion draft’s free agent window, and if they reached an agreement, that contract would count as an expansion draft pick. Doesn’t really matter though, as I doubt Tryamkin will be the guy we lose in the expansion draft. We’ll have other players exposed that will be considered much “safer” picks for Seattle. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

So...…..Tryamkin played

13 games the first year

66 games the second

15 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

We might have safer picks available, but in an expansion draft Seattle may well go for a player with greater upside-- that is, go for the homerun with Tryamkin.

38 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Counts as two pro years, so he’s expansion draft eligible. Even if he’s still not under contract, Seattle would be eligible to negotiate with him as part of the expansion draft’s free agent window, and if they reached an agreement, that contract would count as an expansion draft pick. Doesn’t really matter though, as I doubt Tryamkin will be the guy we lose in the expansion draft. We’ll have other players exposed that will be considered much “safer” picks for Seattle. 

I would bet my bottom dollar that if a Trymakin signing happens...  Tanev will be moved. It's far more likely Edler, and or Benn and Stecher will be exposed for the expansion draft. ..

Ether way you look at this it's a upgrade on our Blueline.... Trymakin is better than Ben and Stecher In my opinion and is more youthful and probably cheaper than Edler.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If he isn't under contract, would he not be an RFA, or would that status be past by then?  

4 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

We might have safer picks available, but in an expansion draft Seattle may well go for a player with greater upside-- that is, go for the homerun with Tryamkin.

Also to start a huge rivalry with us off the bat, while showing up with their own giant.  

I would think that if he is under contract with us, then he would be protected due to that same reason.  

3 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

If he isn't under contract, would he not be an RFA, or would that status be past by then?  

AFAIK:

Expansion teams are free to negotiate with any unsigned RFAs and UFAs that meet the exposure requirements. If they can reach a deal with any unprotected RFA during the signing window phase, that contract becomes their expansion draft choice from the team that owned the rights on that player.

EDIT: This is off memory and I haven’t checked since the last draft. I could be remembering wrong. I know there is a window for expansion teams to sign free agents, and any such signings become their picks. Not sure about the exact procedures.

EDIT2: It’s called the “exclusive negotiating window” and lasts 48 hours. The expansion team may negotiate with all pending free agents, ahead of July 1st (and before the expansion draft), and if they reach an agreement with a player, they forfeit their expansion draft pick from the team that previously held rights on that player.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Tryamkin is not expansion draft eligible as per Cap Friendly so he doesn't need protection.  Hughes, Woo and Eliot are also ineligible.  Edler and Benn will be UFA's in 2021 so we don't need to protect them either.  Tanev, Fatenberg and Biega will be UFA's this summer so unless they get re-signed they won't be around.  The defencemen currently eligible for the ED are as follows:

Myers

Stecher

Juolevi

Chatfield

Rafferty

Brisebois

Teves

Sautner

Out of that list it's an easy call, Myers, Stecher and Juolevi get protected.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tryamkin is not expansion draft eligible as per Cap Friendly so he doesn't need protection.  Hughes, Woo and Eliot are also ineligible.  Edler and Benn will be UFA's in 2021 so we don't need to protect them either.  Tanev, Fatenberg and Biega will be UFA's this summer so unless they get re-signed they won't be around.  The defencemen currently eligible for the ED are as follows:

Myers

Stecher

Juolevi

Chatfield

Rafferty

Brisebois

Teves

Sautner

Out of that list it's an easy call, Myers, Stecher and Juolevi get protected.

Interesting!

I wonder if it depends on when he re-signs?  If he has completed more than 2 full years in the NHL, he should be eligible / need to be protected.

4 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Interesting!

I wonder if it depends on when he re-signs?  If he has completed more than 2 full years in the NHL, he should be eligible / need to be protected.

That is a good question.  As of right now he is ineligible.  If he signs a new contract with the Canucks in the Spring or Summer of next year that may change things.

In two years Woo is probably ready for the big show so worst case scenario is we leave Stecher unprotected.  Myers, Tryamkin and Woo can be our right sided D.

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That is a good question.  As of right now he is ineligible.  If he signs a new contract with the Canucks in the Spring or Summer of next year that may change things.

All 1st and 2knd year players do not require protection. He would have only played 2 full years?  But I believe the threshold for year counting is 10 games.  He played 13 with us in 2015/16. Then all of 206/17.  I believe as soon as he signs & passes 10 games in a new season he will be eligible to be selected / need to be protected. That could be as soon as the end of this year.

Someone can (please, please) prove that theory wrong?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

All 1st and 2knd year players do not require protection. He would have only played 2 full years?  But I believe the threshold for year counting is 10 games.  He played 13 with us in 2015/16. Then all of 206/17.  I believe as soon as he signs & passes 10 games in a new season he will be eligible to be selected / need to be protected. That could be as soon as the end of this year.

Someone can (please, please) prove that theory wrong?

I think you're right. Not eligible now but likely will be when/if he re-signs and plays 10 or more games.

That said, depending on what other moves we might make in the interim (Barrie?) and how Tryamkin fairs when he returns/if he sticks around, how OJ, Rathbone, Briesebois, Woo etc all develop... I'd not be shocked to see Myers exposed in the ED either :ph34r: Frees up $6m and a roster spot...just saying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I think you're right. Not eligible now but likely will be when/if he re-signs and plays 10 or more games.

That said, depending on what other moves we might make in the interim (Barrie?) and how Tryamkin fairs when he returns/if he sticks around, how OJ, Rathbone, Briesebois, Woo etc all develop... I'd not be shocked to see Myers exposed in the ED either :ph34r: Frees up $6m and a roster spot...just saying.

Hughes      Tryamkin

Juolevi       Myers

Rathbone   Woo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And maybe we trade for Risto?  Jake rumors.  

Risto is a minus machine.  Tryamkin, Myers and Woo give up plenty of size and grit with Hughes and Rathbone the offensive pieces.  This is if we lose Stecher.  Rahtbone may be better than Stecher anyways so it may not matter.  Lots of upside with Rathbone.  He could be a beauty.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1