The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

18 hours ago, goalie13 said:

It's true.

He is not currently under contract with the Canucks, so that makes him a former Canuck.

So until Brock signed, in your mind BB was a former Canuck because his contract had expired? And Pod and Hog are not Canucks because they haven't yet signed contracts with the team? Yeah, no. As long as the Canucks own their rights, they are Canucks.

10 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto was the only undefeated team in the KHL until the last game vs Spartak, Moscow when the former lost 2-4. Avto is still on the 1st place in the Eastern Conference with 16 points in 9 games. Tryamkin played 18:15 with 2-min penalty for high stick and -1.

tryam1.jpg

tryam2.jpg

If they continue to play well, we might not see the big guy until next season (which could be a good thing). Hopefully he gets a championship under his belt and he will feel more accomplished and ready for a new challenge.

Just curious, do you know if he has a regular D partner with Avto? Just wondering if he's generally set to playing one side or the other and who they partner him with (more offensive type guys, etc).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

If they continue to play well, we might not see the big guy until next season (which could be a good thing). Hopefully he gets a championship under his belt and he will feel more accomplished and ready for a new challenge.

Just curious, do you know if he has a regular D partner with Avto? Just wondering if he's generally set to playing one side or the other and who they partner him with (more offensive type guys, etc).

Although to see him rotate in or fill in for injuries for our playoffs would be fun to watch.

The good thing that comes from Niks leave from the Canucks , is that he is ineligible for the Seattle extortion draft.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Most games Tryamkin is partnered with defensive defenceman Maxim Berezin (29 y.o., 6'3", 215) who plays on left side.

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Although to see him rotate in or fill in for injuries for our playoffs would be fun to watch.

The good thing that comes from Niks leave from the Canucks , is that he is ineligible for the Seattle extortion draft.

I believe you are mistaken about the ED. Pretty sure that Tram is eligible.

12 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I believe you are mistaken about the ED. Pretty sure that Tram is eligible.

Just read it on NHL .com..  all first and second year NHL players, all unsigned draft picks are exempt and not counted as “protected”.

sorry couldn’t paste or copy from the link.

Nik is a one year guy I beleive.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Why is that? Doesn't he have the required amount of professional games?

Just read it on NHL .com..  all first and second year NHL players, all unsigned draft picks are exempt and not counted as “protected”.

Nik is a one year guy I believe.

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Nik is a one year guy I believe.

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

So...…..Tryamkin played

13 games the first year

66 games the second

does that only count as 1 year?

30 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So...…..Tryamkin played

13 games the first year

66 games the second

Counts as two pro years, so he’s expansion draft eligible. Even if he’s still not under contract, Seattle would be eligible to negotiate with him as part of the expansion draft’s free agent window, and if they reached an agreement, that contract would count as an expansion draft pick. Doesn’t really matter though, as I doubt Tryamkin will be the guy we lose in the expansion draft. We’ll have other players exposed that will be considered much “safer” picks for Seattle. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

So...…..Tryamkin played

13 games the first year

66 games the second

15 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

We might have safer picks available, but in an expansion draft Seattle may well go for a player with greater upside-- that is, go for the homerun with Tryamkin.

38 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Counts as two pro years, so he’s expansion draft eligible. Even if he’s still not under contract, Seattle would be eligible to negotiate with him as part of the expansion draft’s free agent window, and if they reached an agreement, that contract would count as an expansion draft pick. Doesn’t really matter though, as I doubt Tryamkin will be the guy we lose in the expansion draft. We’ll have other players exposed that will be considered much “safer” picks for Seattle. 

I would bet my bottom dollar that if a Trymakin signing happens...  Tanev will be moved. It's far more likely Edler, and or Benn and Stecher will be exposed for the expansion draft. ..

Ether way you look at this it's a upgrade on our Blueline.... Trymakin is better than Ben and Stecher In my opinion and is more youthful and probably cheaper than Edler.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If he isn't under contract, would he not be an RFA, or would that status be past by then?  

4 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

We might have safer picks available, but in an expansion draft Seattle may well go for a player with greater upside-- that is, go for the homerun with Tryamkin.

Also to start a huge rivalry with us off the bat, while showing up with their own giant.  

I would think that if he is under contract with us, then he would be protected due to that same reason.