The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

11 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Tryamkin is ridiculously strong.

I think his departure from us will prove to have been beneficial in many ways..  the biggest being he has become stronger and more mature at his own pace..

If he returns, A strong sense of self confidence will arrive with this young man, and mix his game in with the group we have,  some dynamic, physical, and skillful from the D core up will flow.

Myers, Tryamkin, Benn, Stecher, Virtanen, Rousell, Ferland, Leivo, Pearson, Horvat, Miller, Motte, and there are others, but these are all physical and skillfull players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I think his departure from us will prove to have been beneficial in many ways..  the biggest being he has become stronger and more mature at his own pace..

If he returns, A strong sense of self confidence will arrive with this young man, and mix his game in with the group we have,  some dynamic, physical, and skillful from the D core up will flow.

Myers, Tryamkin, Benn, Stecher, Virtanen, Rousell, Ferland, Leivo, Pearson, Horvat, Miller, Motte, and there are others, but these are all physical and skillfull players.

I concur.  Him returning to the KHL allowed him to focus on developing towards his strengths and key attributes.  

If he stayed in the NHL, he would have been pigeonholed into what the Canucks want him to be (a la Chara, Pronger) rather than what he actually is (a bigger Edler, Meyers).  

• Cheers 1

As you guys all know, I am a big Tryamkin fan

But, I am a little concerned with all the "Fake News" guys are making opinions on.....

Here is what I do know...…….(I am not an expert, but keep a close eye on Tryamkin)

#1...……….2 years ago, Tryamkin, as a rookie, played in the NHL, and IMO, progressed through the year

#2...……….He now plays in the 2nd best league in the world

#3...……….He has a Canuck Jersey on, in his insta-gram account ( which indicates to me, he is proud to have worn our Jersey and played in the NHL)

#4...……….His contract with his KHL club is up at the end of the year

#5...……….He, through his insta-gram account has said he is open to coming back next year, and I believe has expressed a desire to.

#6...……….Benning has also expressed his desire to get Tryamkin back to the Canucks

What we do not know...….and all have non-professional opinions on, why he left, and his level of play and development in the past 2 years

I do know...………………………………..

.................A professional GM, who has scouts, and contacts, feels that there is value in having Tryamkin back on the Canucks, which I would think, indicates to me, that Benning feels that Tryamkin has the skills to play in the NHL and would help the Canucks. (a professional opinion)

So, IMO, all this other talk, re: he has regressed, he has not developed, why he left, that he will be mad that Goldobin is in the minors and won't come, is all conjecture and supposition, and has no validity at all...….none! 

So, for me, let's keep hoping

...………..and a special thanks to those that post video's and authenticated quotes from Benning and Nikita (I personally appreciate them very much)

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 4

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Jeezuz,.  That’s the closest thing to midget tossing I’ve seen in years :ph34r:

Haaw midget tossing those were the days. Also midget wrestling was so much fun too watch.

Midgets are people too....they get paid in full not paid short.

718455BF-E8B7-4891-A75A-F7CB6BC69CA5.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Another win for Avto 3-0 vs Traktor. Tryamkin with 21:05 of ice time, 3 SOG, two 2-minute penalties, 2 hits, 2 blocked shots, +1.

Jesus, like a fat guy popping the lid of a can of Pringles

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

He is a guy built for the NHL playoffs along with most of the players on your list - like St Louis though, we do have to get there.  Next year, MacEwen, Hoglander, and Podkolzin might be added to your list.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

He is a guy built for the NHL playoffs along with most of the players on your list - like St Louis though, we do have to get there.  Next year, MacEwen, Hoglander, and Podkolzin might be added to your list.

Yup.  It’s looking like we are still one year away.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto lost to SKA 1-2 in OT in St. Petersburg. Tryamkin with the most minutes for both teams 22:11, 4 hits, 3 blocked shots, 1 SOG, +1.

Tryamkin was hit to his head and did not miss any shift afterwards

He looked pretty gassed, hunched over at the 10 second mark of the first video. He must have been out there for a long penalty killing shift.

The hit almost looks like a head-butt. Not very cool. 

• Upvote 1