The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Bob Mackenzie was on 1040 this morning, and the hosts were talking about the potential of Stecher being floated in trade talks to get another forward.  

If that's the case I imagine they think Rafferty or Brisebois are ready to move up.  Rafferty is intriguing and would add some offense to that bottom pair. 

What type of forward are they looking for did they?  I would think scoring help - top six winger?  Would take a package including Stecher if that's the case.

Edited by Borvat

Just now, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Stecher for Ho-Sang

I think JB and Green want character guys.  I'd way prefer Stecher's character over Ho-Sang's.  Stecher for Pool Party might be something, but I don't think JB would do that one either.  

• Like 1

I've watched some of Atvo's games. Their forwards are a mess  Personally I think this may be Nigel Dawes last season.

The forwards got bounced around and out of the playoffs last year. I thought they would add some size this year but they haven't. They're also playing on a smaller rink and getting out muscled up front.

I don't think they will make the playoffs or go far even if they do make it.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Stecher is a right shot no 5 nhl d man, why would we trade him for a project forward, we have enough of those

I doubt we would, but Pool Party is the kind of level of player I would expect in return for Stecher.  Only if Tryamkin is back though.  

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I doubt we would, but Pool Party is the kind of level of player I would expect in return for Stecher.  Only if Tryamkin is back though.  

If we could get him for Stecher, I'd have a hard time not taking it.  As much as I think Stecher is a quality D, 10-12 minutes a game doesn't hold a ton of value.  

Puljujarvi is PPG so far in Finland, maybe he is coming around.

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

Stecher is a right shot no 5 nhl d man, why would we trade him for a project forward, we have enough of those

3rd pairing D don’t really have that much value.  Undersized ones even less.

I love me some Stecher, but I think we won’t get offers good enough to trade him, at least until the deadline.

If Juolevi is keeping pace after Christmas we can start thinking about moving Stecher (Benn can slide over to the right side).  Then Tryamkin May come shortly after that and we still have depth for the playoffs.

Honestly, if the return is Puljujarvi that is fair, probably as likely to succeed as getting a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick.  I would rather use him as sweetener to ditch Eriksson though.  Ottawa needs help everywhere, Eriksson is relatively cheap in real dollars... so sending him and Stecher for a token return frees up a ton of cap space for us next offseason where we could add another piece like Barrie.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Stetcher for Puljujarvi or Kapanen would be great moves on paper. Obviously tough to move a home town player and RD, but if management doesn't think his minutes will increase NEXT year then we might as well get some value back for him. 

I'd do Kapanen, but not Pool. He's a project at this point, while Stetch is a legit NHL Dman that works like a horse, has good underlying stats, puts up half decent numbers and has the heart of a lion. I'm done with project forwards, especially if it comes at the cost of a quality NHL player. You don't just give something away because you can. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd do Kapanen, but not Pool. He's a project at this point, while Stetch is a legit NHL Dman that works like a horse, has good underlying stats, puts up half decent numbers and has the heart of a lion. I'm done with project forwards, especially if it comes at the cost of a quality NHL player. You don't just give something away because you can. 

Maybe the Canucks are looking at who they may lose in the expansion, in a guy like Stetcher for nothing at the draft, and trading him for a guy with upside that is protected or a draft pick, so they can expose a defenceman with less value on the market?

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

:sick: horrible.  Don't want players with his attitude, and he doesn't want to play in Canada.

Puljujarvi was born in the same month of the same year as Juolevi. He's scored at a very good pace for someone his age in the AHL in the time he's spent there the previous three seasons and is currently at a point per game in Liiga. The tough spots on his resume are his NHL stints where he was misused and misdirected playing in a bottom 6 role. I don't believe he ever got comfortable in Edmonton, which is tough for a young 18 year old kid all by himself who can't speak English. I don't think it's an attitude problem as he's a good, fun kid by all accounts who just didn't want to go back to a place where he didn't feel comfortable. 

He still has a ton of potential as long as he's used properly in a good environment and the time away from the NHL doesn't last too long. He could be an absolute monster alongside Horvat at 6'4 and 200 lbs capable of playing a good 200ft game as well. You shouldn't write off that kind of potential completely at 21 due to early labels of being a project or having attitude issues that have no real truth behind them. If we acquired Puljujarvi tomorrow I'm sure those labels would instantly be re-visited and revised by the extra minute of thought being put into the player at this point. 

EDIT: Sorry this is the Tryamkin thread. Hopefully Puljujarvi doesn't spend as long in Liiga as Tryamkin has in the KHL. That wouldn't be great for his development. 

Edited by Horvat is a Boss
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

:sick: horrible. :towel:Awesome!  Don't I want players with his attitude, and because he doesn't want to play in Canada Edmonton.

I've fixed it for you.

I guess he doesn't want to play in EDM anymore. If he get a real chance, at a young team like ours, I guess we'll see why he was 4th OA in 2016.

If you feel not comfortable at your work, would you go back there if you don't need it? I guess no. That's the same thing here. ;)