The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Dhaliwal wrote in his first diary entry for the Athletic that Todd Diamond, Tryamkin's agent, expects to talk with Benning once Nikita's season is over, and doesn't expect a long negotiation.

https://theathletic.com/1369184/2019/11/12/dhaliwals-diary-elias-petterssons-big-payday-chris-tanevs-future-and-the-latest-word-on-troy-stecher/?source=twittered

Look at that, Rick with some good info. Nice to see that they already aren't far apart on a deal, its probably similar to the one he left on the table. I'm guessing a 2 year deal that takes him for FA in around 2.5-3 mil per. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Look at that, Rick with some good info. Nice to see that they already aren't far apart on a deal, its probably similar to the one he left on the table. I'm guessing a 2 year deal that takes him for FA in around 2.5-3 mil per. 

I'd guess Hutton money at 2.8+

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of those weird feelings that Tryamkin's name will be on Lord Stanley's cup. I really hope it's with the Canucks. Can't wait to see this guy back in Vancouver. 

Also, as much as I like really like Gaudette, the #88 doesn't look as good on him as it does Tryamkin. Since Lindros, that number feels best worn with size. 

The again, maybe Tryamkin can sport #44, like past big bodied Canucks in that number.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

I have one of those weird feelings that Tryamkin's name will be on Lord Stanley's cup. I really hope it's with the Canucks. Can't wait to see this guy back in Vancouver. 

Also, as much as I like really like Gaudette, the #88 doesn't look as good on him as it does Tryamkin. Since Lindros, that number feels best worn with size. 

The again, maybe Tryamkin can sport #44, like past big bodied Canucks in that number.

And I had a dream the other night that he won the Norris trophy!  Now I'm getting really excited to see him back here soon!!:towel::towel::bigblush:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

any news hiw his khl teams doing i want him in nhl  asap

i like idea of dcorp 

hughes tryamkin 

edler tanev shut down pair 

benn myers 

stecher 

I haven't watched any games lately. But they were in a huge slump. I don't think they retooled enough after getting knocked out of the playoffs last year. Forwards are all too small or too slow, they're playing on a smaller rink now and are not adapting well.I think they might not make the playoffs or get knocked out in the first round.

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

any news hiw his khl teams doing i want him in nhl  asap

i like idea of dcorp 

hughes tryamkin 

edler tanev shut down pair 

benn myers 

stecher 

Kind of hope Myers gets claimed in the expansion draft.  He's not providing any offense and is at best a 4 or 5 Dman on a good team, just too expensive for that kind of output.  He was on the third pair in Winnipeg.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Kind of hope Myers gets claimed in the expansion draft.  He's not providing any offense and is at best a 4 or 5 Dman on a good team, just too expensive for that kind of output.  He was on the third pair in Winnipeg.

Who could have seen that coming? 

:lol:

23 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Last year he was 4th on the Jets in Dmen ice time and tied for 2nd in Dmen points. The year before he was 3rd in D ice time and 2nd in D points. If he can do all that from the third pairing, he is absolutely worth keeping. By the way, how do you reconcile his ice time and production with being on the third pairing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/29/2019 at 3:09 PM, Tre Mac said:

His contribution is where others lack on D.

He does have a good breakout game, and can shut down in a corner quickly without too much prancing around, and yes obviously his size handles what the Hughes, Stetchers, and Tanevs can not.

6m is going to be what 4.5m was at the expansion draft.

I think Myers has yet to play his best hockey and for his size, Mobility, defensive awareness with an Offensive eye, a asset now and for the future.

Its Edler and Tanev who need to be moved, historically they have been liabilities with us, and should be used for future assets.

Change doesn’t happen the way you want it to, unless you take control of it.

Old for new.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

A mid September game with typical game shifts for Tryamkin,. Although nothing outstanding in these clips,.  Look at the General Mobility, strength, coordination, and speed Nikita possesses for a 6’8” 260lb D man.

He keeps the game simple and in control.

Edited by SilentSam

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

A mid September game with typical game shifts for Tryamkin,. Although nothing outstanding in these clips,.  Look at the General Mobility, strength, coordination, and speed Nikita possesses for a 6’8” 260lb D man.

He keeps the game simple and in control.

LOL, does he mean what I think with BFG?

• Haha 2