The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

A mid September game with typical game shifts for Tryamkin,. Although nothing outstanding in these clips,.  Look at the General Mobility, strength, coordination, and speed Nikita possesses for a 6’8” 260lb D man.

He keeps the game simple and in control.

Can't wait see that stretch pass to Petey or bo :) 

also at around 1:30 see tree just clear the crease like a beast! 

If he plays like he did in that game I can see him being paired with Hughes. 

• Upvote 2

How and why did anyone ever nickname Tryamkin Big Friendly Giant?!:sadno:   I'm pretty sure that if they asked any of the players who tried to physically engage him when he was here they'd tell you his nickname should be Big F***ing Giant:excl:  That's how I read that nickname anyway.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I prefer Big Frightening Giant if we're keeping it PG 

I suppose I could go for Big Ferocious Giant too, but just not Big Friendly, anybody who views him that way doesn't remember him very well.  They would just have to re-view the video of him manhandling all of the Ducks' 'tough guys' singlehandedly in order to refresh their memories.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I suppose I could go for Big Ferocious Giant too, but just not Big Friendly, anybody who views him that way doesn't remember him very well.  They would just have to re-view the video of him manhandling all of the Ducks' 'tough guys' singlehandedly in order to refresh their memories.

When I seen that live I was so happy for our future. Then he left....

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

A view, apparently, not shared by his agent.  See above.

I don't think agents are the best people to get an unbiased assessment of a player.  I'm sure the Canucks have been watching and evaluating Tryamkin and have a pretty good idea of how successful he can be in the NHL.  Hopefully their assessment will lead to a contract in the coming year.

4 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Can't find the article ?

Then work your way back through this thread. It's all here. The quote that I suspect the poster is referring to wasn't that long ago. In it, Tram's agent states that he does not expect reaching a contract agreement between the Canucks and Tram will be very difficult or time consuming.

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I don't think agents are the best people to get an unbiased assessment of a player.  I'm sure the Canucks have been watching and evaluating Tryamkin and have a pretty good idea of how successful he can be in the NHL.  Hopefully their assessment will lead to a contract in the coming year.

It was not an assessment of the player. It was an assessment of how difficult he expected contract negotiations with the Canucks to be. Presumably based on his discussions with the Canucks and with Tram.

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Then work your way back through this thread. It's all here. The quote that I suspect the poster is referring to wasn't that long ago. In it, Tram's agent states that he does not expect reaching a contract agreement between the Canucks and Tram will be very difficult or time consuming.

In my opinion, If he wanted to be in the NHL then why all the drama cause he would definitely be a great add if it happens ?  Management must know something that is making this whole thing not worth pursuing AT THIS TIME...

17 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

In my opinion, If he wanted to be in the NHL then why all the drama cause he would definitely be a great add if it happens ?  Management must know something that is making this whole thing not worth pursuing AT THIS TIME...

Yes, what management knows is that he is under contract AT THIS TIME and will not be available until the end of this season.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, what management knows is that he is under contract AT THIS TIME and will not be available until the end of this season.

Not what I meant but good point - AT THIS TIME.  We'll just have to wait and see if that is the only main reason or if there is something else ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He would be an average, but big, 3rd pairing D. Not the savior some on here think lol.

Ditto, he would be a good complementary part of the D core (in my opinion) but based on some of the comments I've read, stating that his game had somewhat improved ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski