The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You would trade Edler for him would you?

Thank god you are just a forum poster and not the Canuck GM haha.....

:picard:

Absolutely.  Aren't there many here who don't even want Edler on the team? I'm not one of them, but he is a fossil. Every shift could be his last and he is looking very pylon like more and more.

Someone needs to tell Edler there is no such thing as a good penalty in the NHL anymore. Just let the frickin guy go.  lmao.  

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, langlands said:

Absolutely.  Aren't there many here who don't even want Edler on the team? I'm not one of them, but he is a fossil. Every shift could be his last and he is looking very pylon like more and more.

Someone needs to tell Edler there is no such thing as a good penalty in the NHL anymore. Just let the frickin guy go.  lmao.  

Awful narrative.  Good god...

(go back to hf haha)

Edited by Kanukfanatic

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

(go back to hf haha)

I'm actually shocked that this is not a mainstream opinion here. I don't believe it. I will search to find some Edler bashing. It's got to be here.

But note that I think he is still useful.

Oh I get it.   You know we'd get nothing for Edler in a trade. You had me going there.  lol

Edited by langlands

20 minutes ago, langlands said:

I'm actually shocked that this is not a mainstream opinion here. I don't believe it. I will search to find some Edler bashing. It's got to be here.

But note that I think he is still useful.

Oh I get it.   You know we'd get nothing for Edler in a trade. You had me going there.  lol

You are new here, but already not worth reading.

Byyyeeeeeee............

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Tryamkin is 25 years old now which is when most players peak. Highly unlikely Tryamkin ever develops into a 1st pairing D. He plays 3rd pairing minutes in a lesser league does he not?

Not impossible. Just HIGHLY unlikely lol.

The last game reported by a poster said he played 22 mins (he averages just under 21 a game amongst two other defenders that get around the same amount of time). To put that into perspective, he's getting around what Hughes is getting this year which is only behind Edler and Myers. He's certainly not playing 3rd pairing minutes. Dial it back a bit to take into account the "lesser" league (yet arguably the next best league after the NHL) and there's still no reason to believe he couldn't be a capable top 4 dman here.

He leads his team in everyone's favourite stat +/- (especially if it favours their argument to trash a player) on a team where the majority of the players are minuses and haven't been as good as previous seasons (to put into perspective, it's like how Tanev is usually amongst the top for +/- despite often facing the toughest competition). He's leads his team in hits (I imagine these wouldn't be soft hits from a trigger happy hit counter and significant considering the team switched to NHL sized ice surface this season). His point totals aren't impeccable, but all I've read is that he's been focusing on playing a strong defensive game.

I don't think he's a 1st pairing D at this point unless he's partnered with someone who is, but I think he would be an impactful player that should make a significant difference to our defense group.

Edit: Upon further stat checking, he's tied for 2nd for most blocked shots on his team and is 2nd amongst the D group for shots per game.

Edited by theo5789
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Actually, right now I think he is second in TOI/game, by about 16 seconds per game, although he may have played the most total minutes. He is one of the top 2 Dmen on his team in most categories, including ice time per game, points, hits, plus minus, etc. 

Claiming he is currently a 3rd pairing Dman is about as accurate as claiming JT Miller is a 3rd line forward.

Thanks for the update,  am corrected about his minutes.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

(go back to hf haha)

There is a reason Edler leads the league in minor penalties, he has become less and less mobile as the season has gone on - he has spent large portions of his last few games hooking, tripping and holding on because he can’t skate.  That might only be because of nagging injury... but it might also be the end result of the wear and tear of the years in the NHL.  We’ll see.  The league has sped up and his pace has regressed, and in the last few games before this last injury, he had slowed sharply and obviously.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

There is a reason Edler leads the league in minor penalties, he has become less and less mobile as the season has gone on - he has spent large portions of his last few games hooking, tripping and holding on because he can’t skate.  That might only be because of nagging injury... but it might also be the end result of the wear and tear of the years in the NHL.  We’ll see.  The league has sped up and his pace has regressed, and in the last few games before this last injury, he had slowed sharply and obviously.

And yet he is  leading  the team, averaging 23 minutes of ice time per game. Seems the coaches like him.

Perhaps they see something that others miss?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Actually, I stand corrected. He has more total time on ice this year than any other player on his team. I wonder how long until we hear some more about how "He plays 3rd pairing minutes...", "he's often a healthy scratch", etc. Lol.

Tunnel vision is rampant here.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for correcting me on his usage in russia. I don't watch any khl games.

So he leads their team in minutes played? Good to hear.

The khl is an inferior league to the NHL by far. Tryamkin was clearly a 3rd pairing D man when he played for the Canucks before. I like his size and strength but he was mediocre here before but ok as a 3rd pairing d man.

I would love it if Tryam comes back and is able to play something other than 3rd pairing minutes. Actually, I would be fine if he comes back and is able to play solid consistent 3rd pairing minutes for the Canucks. His size is needed.

However, starting some crap narrative that Tryam is something other than just an NHL 3rd pairing D is disingenuous.  Tryam has never, in his career, shown he can be more than an NHL 3rd pairing D man. If he can, good on him and I would love it. But he is 25 already and has probably maxed out. There is a very small chance he can continue to develop at 25 yrs old but not likely at all.

So posters trying to say he will be some kind of great 1st or 2nd pairing D man in the NHL are just making stuff up at this point.

Case in point, the Canucks signed one of the best D men in the KHL in Larsen and all he did is flame out in the NHL.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1