The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Yes, good game for him yesterday: +2 and one assist. (But still no PP-time).

One thing interesting to note, is that he is a left-hand Defensman, but he is curently playing as a Right-Defensman.

His team is playing again tonight for 1/2 final against HC Lugano that is a very fast team, let's see how he handles this speed.

7 hours ago, SwissCanucks said:

One thing interesting to note, is that he is a left-hand Defensman, but he is curently playing as a Right-Defensman.

If he's comfortable on his off side, that will go a LONG way to helping him make the Canucks if he so chooses. 

For those watching, is he having any trouble over there with the normal problems (making/receiving passes etc)?

Edited by J.R.

On November 17, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Fred65 said:
10 hours ago, SwissCanucks said:

Yes, good game for him yesterday: +2 and one assist. (But still no PP-time).

His team is playing again tonight for 1/2 final against HC Lugano that is a very fast team, let's see how he handles this speed.

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

If he's comfortable on his off side, that will go a LONG way to helping him make the Canucks if he so chooses. 

For those watching, is he having any trouble over there with the normal problems (making/receiving passes etc)?   

i have seen him play in the Spengler in all situations as well.. He is allowed to rove to the crease on the PP, and has looked huge killing off a 5 on 3 pk.. Incredible for a man his size to have that kind of mobility.  He IS NHL ready in my opinion. Hopefully making the U.S. Dollar looks far more lucrative to him given the decline of the Russian Rubble.. would be sweet to see him with Travis Green in Utica this year, if not a stint with the Nucks.

10 hours ago, SwissCanucks said:

Yes, good game for him yesterday: +2 and one assist. (But still no PP-time)

Well, I clearly saw Tryamkin in front of the net blocking the opponent goalie's vision during 1st PP when Avto scored. Please check this game summary: http://www.cdmediateam.com/dl/spc2015/Game8.pdf - Tryamkin was on the ice for all 3 goals including PP goal.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Toedraggedyou said:

First time watching Tryamkin and it looks like his gap control is off. Gives way too much space when opposing team is entering the zone. 

I think that has to do with European ice and playing in the KHL were players like to carry the puck more and its a bit more of a finesse game. If you play super tight to a man you could get burnt quite easily saying that i could be way off base. 

Edited by CanuckinEdm
  • Upvote 3

I've got Mar 15 circled on my calendar as the date we might be able to realistically get him over to NA. 

I'd be perfectly fine with giving him a one way contract until the end of the year and putting right into the NHL for the last month. 

Who knows...he could be a revelation and change the plans for our offseason a bit. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Toedraggedyou said:

First time watching Tryamkin and it looks like his gap control is off. Gives way too much space when opposing team is entering the zone. 

D has to back off, when there is no back pressure from their forwards - especially on big ice.   The forwards are allowing too big a gap between the high guy and their own D in the offencive zone and the neutral zone.  IMHAO.