The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

24 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I can't wait to see Tryamkin back HOWEVER, I don't think that we have any cap room to get him here this season.  Convince me otherwise please :) 

We could move some guys at the deadline if we are way out of a playoff spot in January. 

Leivo, Baer, Etc. 

25 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We could move some guys at the deadline if we are way out of a playoff spot in January. 

Leivo, Baer, Etc. 

Leivo yes, but to move Baer we'd have to throw in a pick for a team to take him.  He's been on the waivers twice now and any team could've had him for free.  I don't see us moving Leivo either to be honest. 
Maybe you're right, we also have Tanner Pearson who's making over 3 mil/season and could be of interest to some playoff teams.  

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Leivo yes, but to move Baer we'd have to throw in a pick for a team to take him.  He's been on the waivers twice now and any team could've had him for free.  I don't see us moving Leivo either to be honest. 
Maybe you're right, we also have Tanner Pearson who's making over 3 mil/season and could be of interest to some playoff teams.  

Situations change with teams. Injuries happen. Philly just lost two forwards long term for example.  Who knows what happens in the next 1.5 months till TD. 

If a team was desperate due to unfortunate circumstances and they wanted something cheap then Baer would be that option. 

League can be unpredictable like that.  Point being keep an open mind. 

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I doubt Leivo is going anywhere. Baer, Goldy, Sutter, Stech, Graovic, Mott, Pearson and old standby Ericksson. I doubt Pearson or Mott are considered along with Leivo unless a pick is coming back. 

• Hydration 1
48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully they can get a decent commitment out of him if he comes back. I wanna see a 3 year deal.

Any numbers I saw around a leaked list of KHL contracts had Nik making about 700 k usd per.

Considering JB offered a 2 year 2m per deal before Nik left,..  I would think Nik signs for 2.5 - 3.5 for 3 years after this season.. or it includes this season as one of those, pro rated of course if he returns before our playoffs.

On 12/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Leivo, Baer, Etc. 

Don’t see a trade for Baertschi if we can’t give him away, can’t see a trade for Leivo if he is out for two or three months with a fractured kneecap.

3 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Don’t see a trade for Baertschi if we can’t give him away, can’t see a trade for Leivo if he is out for two or three months with a fractured kneecap.

Yeah. Stated that prior to finding that out about Leivo. 

Harder to predict Baer. People dont want him now but could take a flyer if circumstances changed for them like injuries. 

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Probably one of them if we go that route. 

Likely I see us trying to re-sign Tanev. 

I don't think we are going to re-sign Tanev.  We don't have the cap space next year.  He will be a UFA and will want a long term deal at $5-6 million.  Don't think I'd want to re-sign Tanev to a 5-6 year deal at those numbers considering his injury history.  We already got burnt this year with Ferland who could be out the rest of the year or longer.  We can't afford to re-sign another player to a long term deal who hasn't played a full season in his entire career. 

I understand what he brings to the team but it is too risky.  We will have to compensate by bringing in the young guys.  Tryamkin could be an option, Juolevi, Brisebois, etc.  At some point the young guys have to play.  If we just keep re-signing our veterans to long term deals we will be in cap purgatory very soon.  Edler and Benn are in the same situation.  Once their contracts run out they will need to be replaced with the young guys. 

At some point Benning's draft picks have to play and we have to integrate them into the team.  Once Petey and Quinn sign their extensions the money will run dry.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Hydration 1
  • Burr 1
6 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I thought I read/heard somewhere we can't sign him until July 1? Meaning he wouldn't be able to play for us this season?? I think it was in 31 thoughts? Maybe I'm wrong.

I think JB would have to notify the league by end of Dec if we are to try adding Tryamkin by the end of the year.

If they haven't notified the league then yes probably July 1. Which I think would be a mistake. We might need him to finish the season and maybe playoffs.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't think we are going to re-sign Tanev.  We don't have the cap space next year.  He will be a UFA and will want a long term deal at $5-6 million.  Don't think I'd want to re-sign Tanev to a 5-6 year deal at those numbers considering his injury history.  We already got burnt this year with Ferland who could be out the rest of the year or longer.  We can't afford to re-sign another player to a long term deal who hasn't played a full season in his entire career. 

I understand what he brings to the team but it is too risky.  We will have to compensate by bringing in the young guys.  Tryamkin could be an option, Juolevi, Brisebois, etc.  At some point the young guys have to play.  If we just keep re-signing our veterans to long term deals we will be in cap purgatory very soon.  Edler and Benn are in the same situation.  Once their contracts run out they will need to be replaced with the young guys. 

At some point Benning's draft picks have to play and we have to integrate them into the team.  Once Petey and Quinn sign their extensions the money will run dry.

Tanev is going to be +$5 mil and likely with term. Benning has to resign Markstrom and has to create some space for resigning the young stars. Tanev scores a goal the other night and fans go wild. I'm not willing to take the Tanev risk and assume there will be a market by the TDL. Any d-zone success by Vancouver is just as likely from ineffectiveness by the opposition. Pitt should have had half a dozen goals last night. The Van d-core is not close to being CUP competitive. Edler's return is essential. A healthy Edler might get them to playoffs. Playoffs should be one round and out. That's OK as this season is about getting there.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Tanev is going to be +$5 mil and likely with term. 

I'd be very surprised, even with Tanev as a UFA, that he could fetch that much from any team, based on his injury history. The most games he has played in any single season is 70 games, and on average, it's about 55 games. 

I'm hoping he signs a few more years with us at a very reasonable rate. 

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Tanev is going to be +$5 mil and likely with term. Benning has to resign Markstrom and has to create some space for resigning the young stars. Tanev scores a goal the other night and fans go wild. I'm not willing to take the Tanev risk and assume there will be a market by the TDL. Any d-zone success by Vancouver is just as likely from ineffectiveness by the opposition. Pitt should have had half a dozen goals last night. The Van d-core is not close to being CUP competitive. Edler's return is essential. A healthy Edler might get them to playoffs. Playoffs should be one round and out. That's OK as this season is about getting there.  

I don't see anyone giving CT that much with his history.  I could see him signing a 1-2 year deal around $4-4.5m as a "show me you can stay healthy" contract.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't see anyone giving CT that much with his history.  I could see him signing a 1-2 year deal around $4-4.5m as a "show me you can stay healthy" contract.

Tanev is making $4.45 mil now. He is playing top 4. I agree that signing him with any duration carries a lot of risk. IMO regular season play flatters Chris Tanev's game. CUP play is much heavier with consistently stronger opposition. In CUP play I think you see a repeat on how the Flames handled Tanev. I like Tanev but still say he should have been moved over 2 years ago. All this aside if Benning wants to re-sign Markstrom he has to clear CAP and Tanev is one who could go.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2