The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Nope, Travis didn't sing in the Doukhobor choir or play for the Rebels. He did play for the Jr. SmokeEaters who had a number of the World Champion SmokeEaters involved with the team. The Rebels had a young kid named Chernoff, if memory serves, who was an incredible talent. One of those stories where his talented far exceded his ability to overcome personal problems. Travis had a lot of support and good family.   

My comments were in light humour Bouds’,

If Castlegar was truly his home, I know historically there was, and still exists a presence of the Russian Doukhabor community spread throughout the Kootenays.

No doubt that Green would have friends from his childhood and youth who were of a, or almost direct Russian descent.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He's already seen the uglier after the whistle stuff his first season here. It was funny his first season back in the KHL he was in beast mode and I think their coaches toned him down some. He already has a rivalry with a couple players here. And I think he will handle the after works better with Roussel giving him pointers. Plus he could bear hug Reaves through the boards if he needed to. That was a good sized forward he ragdolled yesterday. 

Plus his hits are clean hits which can be devastating and if he hit with malice like Wilson? Beware because he's got a real protective streak. He's injured guys on clean hits cause he's a heavy hitter. 

... not a bad defensive end tactic to demolish a guy in with a hit,.  Get the stop in play,. and reset with a faceoff ?.? :ph34r:

he did it with Richardson.. and a few others out of frustration of getting hit hard went after him.

kids a beauty,.  Be gnarly when he’s pissed. !,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Hmm Tryamkin on 4th position for the most powerful shots in the KHL in the last week with 163.4 km per hr...

For us old West Coast Loggers, that rounds out like:

164 kilometres per hour =

101.905 miles per hour.
That will give a mountain a Mowhawk.

4 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

Im going to try:

1. Mat Robinson

2. A. Vasilevski

3. Patrik Hercly?

4. Nikita Tryamkin

5. Stefan Zaharchuk?

Nice of the Tampa netminder to show up for the event. Tampa could use him on the point with that rocket. :P

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Who are the other players on the list?

1.Mat Robinson, Canadian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat_Robinson

2. Alexey Vasilevski, Russian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Vasilevsky_(ice_hockey,_born_1993)

3. Patrik Hersley, Sweden: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Hersley

4. Nikita Tryamkin, Russian

5. Stepan Zakharchuk, Russian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepan_Zakharchuk

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Chara holds the record for hardest shot at 108.8.  Nikita could get there with some practice. 

I would also like to think that perhaps the Equipment Sponsors to the NHL might pay Nik a little more attention in the NHL vs the KHL?

He is a rather large Human being.    A custom stick may await him that he has never been granted ,. and perhaps a damn lid too! ;) 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I would also like to think that perhaps the Equipment Sponsors to the NHL might pay Nik a little more attention in the NHL vs the KHL?

He is a rather large Human being.    A custom stick may await him that he has never been granted ,. and perhaps a damn lid too! ;) 

Just let him wear his Avto one, looks like a normal fit.

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Chara holds the record for hardest shot at 108.8.  Nikita could get there with some practice. 

While this may be true, 101.9 is just fine with me as long as he's got some accuracy to his shot. Boy do I miss the Salo days.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

While this may be true, 101.9 is just fine with me as long as he's got some accuracy to his shot. Boy do I miss the Salo days.

Makes me wonder if Bobby Hull's 118.3 MPH slap shot was true?

The interesting part was Bobby claimed his wrist shot was faster???