The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

D has to back off, when there is no back pressure from their forwards - especially on big ice.   The forwards are allowing too big a gap between the high guy and their own D in the offencive zone and the neutral zone.  IMHAO.

Not to mention they have to respect the other teams speed. Especially when they're tired from playing alot of hockey in a short amount of time.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, mpt said:

Good positioning, terrible skater

I wouldn't say terrible skater, more awkward than anything.

I think it was Ferraro that said in the World Juniors he skates like he has bambi legs. It's all part of him maturing physically. I remember people said the same thing about Chara.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn't say terrible skater, more awkward than anything.

I think it was Ferraro that said in the World Juniors he skates like he has bambi legs. It's all part of him maturing physically. I remember people said the same thing about Chara.

Very awkward and you could tell he washn't able to keep up with the speed of the cycle.  Hopefully it's something he can mature at or his effectiveness at more than a number 6/7 will be questionable.  It's nice to have size but it's better to be able to move it.  Here is hoping he can figure it out

Edited by mpt

13 minutes ago, mpt said:

Very awkward and you could tell he washn't able to keep up with the speed of the cycle.  Hopefully it's something he can mature at or his effectiveness at more than a number 6/7 will be questionable.  It's nice to have size but it's better to be able to move it.  Here is hoping he can figure it out

I'm hoping he gets some time in Utica so Green can work his magic and have a similar effect as he had on the other prospects. I don't think the NHL would do him any good yet.

25 minutes ago, mpt said:

He was also playing something like his 4th game in 5 nights, and his team leans on him heavily.

I wouldn't judge his speed too much.

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He was also playing something like his 4th game in 5 nights, and his team leans on him heavily.

Fair enough, he did play a lot of minutes.  You can't argue though that it's hard to find big guys who can skate well.  

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The Spengler Cup is a feel good exercise. Hard to put much stock in what you see. I don't see a lot of KHL footage either but my suspicion is that it is not as good as the AHL. Tryamkin has to accept some time in Utica if he decides to come to NA. The sooner the better IMO as to much KHL time simply does not cut his evolvement into a NHLer. Many here are suggesting a guaranteed NHL spot as what is needed to get him here. I highly doubt that is in the cards. The KHL continues to struggle and there is likely fewer teams next year. 

On December 27, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Boudrias said:

Hamhuis likely wants some term on his new contract even if he takes a cut. I highly doubt Benning will be willing to do that, nor should he.

miller got three years at max value, can't see why he wouldn't give hammer 2-3 at a cut. were not competing, for now our cap should be spent on leadership and character people who want to play here, while our new core develops and gains responsibility through consistency. hammer is all of that.

Edited by Edlerberry

9 minutes ago, Edlerberry said:

miller got three years at max value, can't see why he wouldn't give hammer 2-3 at a cut. were not competing, for now our cap should be spent on leadership and character people who want to play here, while our new core develops and gains responsibility through consistency. hammer is all of that.

I suspect it comes down to a choice between Hamhuis and Edler. Which LD would be the choice? What price for a veteran 3LD if in fact Hutton continues to outplay Hamhuis?

Not only do I not see the economics of resigning him but top that with what possible deals will be available come February. I do not discount the idea that Hammer will one another CUP shot and will be open to a move as the Canucks will not be contenders for 3 or 4 years. The time line and youth challenging for TOI is not Hamhuis's friend.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I would be.

Depends what happens with everything, though. If we have a hole on D where we're playing Weber and he's terrible, like more than usual, and Avto is out of the playoffs, then yeah, I can see us bringing him over.

Anything other than that is unlikely to see him in a Canucks uni until next season.

Except that he has a contract in the KHL, so that kinda negates the possibility of him coming over until their season is done. Once it is, then sure, but that doesn't mean he comes right to the Canucks necessarily since that'd be a bit of time between us moving someone out at the deadline to when he could actually fill the gap.

EDIT: why would he sit out a game if it wasn't being insinuated there was a more immediate need to bring him over? This isn't something that would happen if he was coming over after their season was done. And he can't come over before then.

Edited by elvis15