The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

6 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

I am trying to listen interview if possible, always prefer video to reading newspaper/news. I never witnessed his complains on video, interesting video from 04/27/2016 about his first season -high level of organization in Vancouver, good fans, smaller ice, a lot of attention from press, daily questions, like under microscope, first shift in NHL 12 sec, good words towards Sedins ...missing family, 1.5 month alone.

At the same time September 27/2017 Sport-Express interview : In Vancouver every where smell of marijuana . 

Question : Pavel Datsyuk many times said that he wants to return home 

Answer: Life without Russians-FINISH, always want to go home, its normal, here is my city, my team, I start to play hockey here.

Question: You signed contract for 3 years but after that Canucks still own rights for your  service?

Answer: Do you think I am out of luck ? I will not say that Canucks bad team or something like that. At the same time I am not sure if I go over sea after my contract finish in Russia, will see, If they want me, If contract will be good for me, too early to say. 

Question: Recently, one of Vancouver portal (not sure newspaper or internet) have a poll if you come back, 51% said NO.

Answer: That's it, decision made (laughing), will see, to early to say, to early to even think about this

Question: Jim Benning said that you went home because of "family issues" ?

Answer: Family and hockey together, not a single problem

Question: about Goldy and at the end asking why he is come back, not enough ice time ?

Answer: Many times I was on the bench, No-not many times, always me ! And I don't understand why ? I am playing good game and 5-7 minutes before the end, they put me on the bench without any explanations, a little bit unusual. 

He is good player and person, he is also comfortable and HOME now, if you force me to bet...I will bet against his come back.

Why would he take another huge home town discount? He's given them 3 years. He needs to get paid more what he's worth. 

My guess is he's left at least 5 million on the table working for KHL wages in those 3 years.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

4 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

I am trying to listen interview if possible, always prefer video to reading newspaper/news. I never witnessed his complains on video, interesting video from 04/27/2016 about his first season -high level of organization in Vancouver, good fans, smaller ice, a lot of attention from press, daily questions, like under microscope, first shift in NHL 12 sec, good words towards Sedins ...missing family, 1.5 month alone.

At the same time September 27/2017 Sport-Express interview : In Vancouver every where smell of marijuana . 

Question : Pavel Datsyuk many times said that he wants to return home 

Answer: Life without Russians-FINISH, always want to go home, its normal, here is my city, my team, I start to play hockey here.

Question: You signed contract for 3 years but after that Canucks still own rights for your  service?

Answer: Do you think I am out of luck ? I will not say that Canucks bad team or something like that. At the same time I am not sure if I go over sea after my contract finish in Russia, will see, If they want me, If contract will be good for me, too early to say. 

Question: Recently, one of Vancouver portal (not sure newspaper or internet) have a poll if you come back, 51% said NO.

Answer: That's it, decision made (laughing), will see, to early to say, to early to even think about this

Question: Jim Benning said that you went home because of "family issues" ?

Answer: Family and hockey together, not a single problem

Question: about Goldy and at the end asking why he is come back, not enough ice time ?

Answer: Many times I was on the bench, No-not many times, always me ! And I don't understand why ? I am playing good game and 5-7 minutes before the end, they put me on the bench without any explanations, a little bit unusual. 

He is good player and person, he is also comfortable and HOME now, if you force me to bet...I will bet against his come back.

Perhaps he needs to live somewhere where marijuana isn't so present, can't say I smell it often if ever where I live.

Nothing from those questions would indicate that he's done with coming back here. It sounds like he liked his time here, but there was a known issue about his wife and getting comfortable here which is something that can be more prepared for especially if he's making more money here for his family than back in Russia. There's the hockey issue, but we have a new coach that is good with development.

I have a good feeling he does return, but for how long, who knows.

I would like Tryamkin to come back but if his wife had home sickeness, well, that just doesn't go away ever for some people.

Also, I heard Russia is cheap as hell to live in.  Maybe someone here can confirm.

If that is the case, he would be making 3 million over here which would equate to about 1 million over in Russia. Taxes, agent fees, and other fees over here is stupid high.

We will see in a few months I guess.

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would like Tryamkin to come back but if his wife had home sickeness, well, that just doesn't go away ever for some people.

Also, I heard Russia is cheap as hell to live in.  Maybe someone here can confirm.

If that is the case, he would be making 3 million over here which would equate to about 1 million over in Russia. Taxes, agent fees, and other fees over here is stupid high.

We will see in a few months I guess.

Good questions to ask, he is playing for Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, he is from Yekaterinburg, in 2018-2019 season he was second highest paid player (defencemen ) and made 48 ml ruble salary and 11 mln bonus (they have different system in KHL) total 59 mln in 2018-19 season which about 950.000 US on TODAY exchange. Life for sure cheaper in Yekaterinburg and its not even close.

I never heard from him something like "I want to play in best hockey league in the world", at the same time he is always talking about "home, nice to be home, coach second father" , and this is WHY I am questioning his desire to return. Again, I hope I am wrong, Canucks will be better with him. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

Good questions to ask, he is playing for Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, he is from Yekaterinburg, in 2018-2019 season he was second highest paid player (defencemen ) and made 48 ml ruble salary and 11 mln bonus (they have different system in KHL) total 59 mln in 2018-19 season which about 950.000 US on TODAY exchange. Life for sure cheaper in Yekaterinburg and its not even close.

I never heard from him something like "I want to play in best hockey league in the world", at the same time he is always talking about "home, nice to be home, coach second father" , and this is WHY I am questioning his desire to return. Again, I hope I am wrong, Canucks will be better with him. 

Thanks for that info Pavel. 

The info you gave above regarding the difference in cost of living in Russia vs. North America is why I doubt the pay cheque is a reason why Tryamkin would come back. He either wants to play in the NHL or not.  That will be the deciding factor (unless of course his wife simply does not want to live in North America and leave her home).

I won't hold my breath until I see him skating in a game with the Canucks. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Those sound like the questions from 2.5 years ago.

There’s always the newbies , just looking to catch up :)

it is refreshing to see this much interest in a player we have playing overseas, whose possible return could immediately add a dynamic ingredient to our D core.

Nik is fearless, strong, and so far, indestructible . His skating ability and checking ability is above average. . And that is saying a lot for a 6’8” 260 lb man.

He is far more mature now, and said in the very beginning that he wants to play in the NHL..  Feb 27th can not come quick enough, and I think the writing is on the wall when his agent says “Better than 50% chance Tryamkin returns to Canucks”.

If Avtomobilist is out of the playoffs on Feb 27th, I would imagine Nik is on his 26hr journey to Vancouver within 72hrs.

Leaving Link this to rekindle the interest, hopefully we hear more from Rick Dahliwal this month, he seems to historically have good access to Todd Diamond, Niks agent.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/diamond-better-than-50-chance-tryamkin-returns-to-canucks-1.1325182

IMG_0347.thumb.JPG.d61905abdcb135a1162f115a72ae18b4.JPG

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Watch this league throw a drug test at Big Nik, & secretly doctor the results!

Seriously, if I were owner of Van, I wouldn't trust NHL Hindquarters for a freeken' nanosecond. This riggeddeckleague has a dirty agenda.

Take every precaution when dealing with their US-tilted operation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

There’s always the newbies , just looking to catch up :)

it is refreshing to see this much interest in a player we have playing overseas, whose possible return could immediately add a dynamic ingredient to our D core.

Nik is fearless, strong, and so far, indestructible . His skating ability and checking ability is above average. . And that is saying a lot for a 6’8” 260 lb man.

He is far more mature now, and said in the very beginning that he wants to play in the NHL..  Feb 27th can not come quick enough, and I think the writing is on the wall when his agent says “Better than 50% chance Tryamkin returns to Canucks”.

If Avtomobilist is out of the playoffs on Feb 27th, I would imagine Nik is on his 26hr journey to Vancouver within 72hrs.

Leaving Link this to rekindle the interest, hopefully we hear more from Rick Dahliwal this month, he seems to historically have good access to Todd Diamond, Niks agent.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/diamond-better-than-50-chance-tryamkin-returns-to-canucks-1.1325182

IMG_0347.thumb.JPG.d61905abdcb135a1162f115a72ae18b4.JPG

I am not trying to catch up Sir :)

Just explained my feelings on possible Trymkin return. What else his agent will say ? and you know what, my chance to meet Queen Elizabeth better then 50%, I am not planning to visit London any time soon and she is not getting any younger but chances are the same. 

We all understand Trymkin will improve Canucks D, I'll be first to cheer for him (Russian connection) but you need to put all factors in consideration. 

I think there’s a more then a 88% chance he’s coming. First time he was young and a newly wed and not sure what to expect.

now , I would think he knows what to expect as does his family. It’s a now or never situation. this could be a good Canuck second half season he’s walking into and he couldn’t ask for anything better. A team on the rise and rolling into the playoffs. Plus whatever D partner he gets it’s a solid Partner. All D guys have been great so far. What sets Trym apart from the others is the X factor...big tough D and can skate...yes I think the other teams will know when he’s on the ice.

If Big Trym earns Coach Greens trust and Trym plays well he could make some good Money and a nice lengthy NHL living...and that not to shabby plus he’s got a wife that is super hot.....Tryamkin is living every guys dream.

Go Canucks Goo

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I think there’s a more then a 88% chance he’s coming. First time he was young and a newly wed and not sure what to expect.

now , I would think he knows what to expect as does his family. It’s a now or never situation. this could be a good Canuck second half season he’s walking into and he couldn’t ask for anything better. A team on the rise and rolling into the playoffs. Plus whatever D partner he gets it’s a solid Partner. All D guys have been great so far. What sets Trym apart from the others is the X factor...big tough D and can skate...yes I think the other teams will know when he’s on the ice.

If Big Trym earns Coach Greens trust and Trym plays well he could make some good Money and a nice lengthy NHL living...and that not to shabby plus he’s got a wife that is super hot.....Tryamkin is living every guys dream.

Go Canucks Goo

I quoted after he left that there may be a powerful effect for a 21 year old who was already taking on the ire of the the likes of J Benn, Troy Brouwer, Getzlaff, and others.. He would have the chance to grow stronger physically, and mentally in a league (KHL) uninfluenced by players here, who normally gain respect by aggression.

As a 21 year old,. The pugilist’s way in the NHL could possibly effect Tryamkins mental strengths before he had developed into the full package he is now.

It’s not indifferent to the slow arrival of Virtannen.

We should not expect that rookie back, we should expect the warrior he has become, and in a short period of adjustment with gainful opportunities..  Hopefully by next Christmas, The Prize of a player that Benning saw in this young man.

He will show well for us in the short term this season if the stars align,.  But I think next season will be powerful for players like Tryamkin, Virtannen, Motte, Myers, Rousell, Pearson, Beagle, Horvat, Schaller, MacEwan, Guadette, Benn and Stetcher. .  

If all or any of those player are with us, I just feel there is a PACK mentality that is yet untapped in this Team,. And perhaps Tryamkin could be the catalyst for such,. Just as Chara has been in Boston for years.. a warhorse.

Someones just got to get him a free pass to a Yoga for Roadkill Class & MMA Gym ;)   

Id love to see the likes of the Wilsons and Reaves’ get Crushed into extinction cleanly and then ripped apart by our own pack in the 1st period of any game.. strip the meat from the bones,.  and that’s all that’s left.. bones.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Rubles is fine if you never left Yetkatinburgh but his wife loves to travel. They have pictures of travelling from around the world.

The only caveat about playing this season is exposure in Seattle's expansion draft. But if were serious about making a run in the post season,

Tryamkin could give us defensive depth we will definitely need.

• Upvote 1

If and when he signs here it'll probably be initially for one year for management to see where's he's at playing-wise at the NHL level and for him to figure out if the NHL and NA is for him.

After that if he wants to stay I see us locking him up to a longer deal. 

7 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If and when he signs here it'll probably be initially for one year for management to see where's he's at playing-wise at the NHL level and for him to figure out if the NHL and NA is for him.

After that if he wants to stay I see us locking him up to a longer deal. 

I can't imagine JB wanting to go through the Tryamkin soap opera by signing him to a one year deal.  I can't imagine anything less than a three year deal.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can't imagine JB wanting to go through the Tryamkin soap opera by signing him to a one year deal.  I can't imagine anything less than a three year deal.

Absolutely, but forget about JB. Neither Todd Diamond nor Tryamkin are coming back unless they secure at least three years and have some guarantees/assurances around playing time, in my opinion. It’s why I remain somewhat doubtful that this fairy tale will have the happy conclusion  so many are hoping for.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Rubles is fine if you never left Yetkatinburgh but his wife loves to travel. They have pictures of travelling from around the world.

The only caveat about playing this season is exposure in Seattle's expansion draft. But if were serious about making a run in the post season,

Tryamkin could give us defensive depth we will definitely need.

If Tryamkin comes in and plays like he does in the KHL or even like he did in his first stint he will be protected.  He’s a unique talent that you just can’t find or draft.  Chara, Myers types don’t grow on trees (pun intended ::D).

As much as he is a fan favourite Stecher is the one that likely gets exposed in expansion if Tree comes back.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Guys, Nikita is definitely coming to Vancouver this year. Just look at the events with him in Avto this season:

- End of exhibition games - Tryamkin was assistant captain and playing large minutes.

- First regular game - Tryamkin with no A on his chest and playing on the third pair of defence.

- I think sometime in those 3-4 days in between, Tryamkin was approached by the team management about extending his KHL contract and he declined it.

- Next 2 months Tryamkin played limited time and Avto was loosing games.

- Then the team bosses had no choice but to play Nikita more and more to avoid missing playoffs.

- Tryamkin has never been mentioned in interview with the Avto head coach this season and Nikita does not have interviews with the local media anymore, Nikita was not selected for the KHL AllStar games, the club does not clearly see him in Yekaterinburg next season...

Your evidence is indeed compelling and it serves this intriguing narrative well. The plot certainly has and will continue to thicken as we move forward. Thanks for helping frame this discussion in logic rather than mythology (though the tall tales of Nik’s exploits are a fun diversion from time to time!)

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1