Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Drouin

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Yes,  confidence and consistency to shoot will create many opportunities other than the shot itself.

Wish Edler would be less picky looking for perfection and concentrate on general direction.

Actually, he has been using his wrist shot more this year, keeping the shot low, and looking for deflections - it has meant more of his shots getting through.

Edited by Ray_Cathode
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched Tryamkin today. His team lost to a strong MMG team that was bigger and controlled the tempo ( probably a early playoffs fave) Tryamkin skated well but just too many strong forwards and Kovar isn't the goalie he was last year. Honestly still hoping for a early Avto exit. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Watched Tryamkin today. His team lost to a strong MMG team that was bigger and controlled the tempo ( probably a early playoffs fave) Tryamkin skated well but just too many strong forwards and Kovar isn't the goalie he was last year. Honestly still hoping for a early Avto exit. 

This months games could be defining the outcome for Avto’s position at the end of Feb. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope I am wrong but my feelings is Tryamkin will never play in Vancouver again. He is comfortable in Russia now, he was Super unhappy here (I read/watch many interviews in Russian language), and finally I don't think (personal opinion) he is mentally ready to play at the high level under constant pressure. Again, I hope I am wrong.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

I hope I am wrong but my feelings is Tryamkin will never play in Vancouver again. He is comfortable in Russia now, he was Super unhappy here (I read/watch many interviews in Russian language), and finally I don't think (personal opinion) he is mentally ready to play at the high level under constant pressure. Again, I hope I am wrong.....

Do you have any of those interviews that you could translate for us here? Everything I've heard and read seems to indicate he wants to give the NHL another goal, especially with him keeping tabs on the Canucks (and his buddy Goldy) while keeping his social media of him in a Canuck uniform. His agent seems to indicate it's not going to take long to get him signed here too. We have a better team now that can support him a lot more, so I'd say he would have less pressure this time around and he seems like he's more in shape and likely more mentally prepared to make the jump back over here with his earlier experience.

  • Hydration 1
  • Burr 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Do you have any of those interviews that you could translate for us here? Everything I've heard and read seems to indicate he wants to give the NHL another goal, especially with him keeping tabs on the Canucks (and his buddy Goldy) while keeping his social media of him in a Canuck uniform. His agent seems to indicate it's not going to take long to get him signed here too. We have a better team now that can support him a lot more, so I'd say he would have less pressure this time around and he seems like he's more in shape and likely more mentally prepared to make the jump back over here with his earlier experience.

I am trying to listen interview if possible, always prefer video to reading newspaper/news. I never witnessed his complains on video, interesting video from 04/27/2016 about his first season -high level of organization in Vancouver, good fans, smaller ice, a lot of attention from press, daily questions, like under microscope, first shift in NHL 12 sec, good words towards Sedins ...missing family, 1.5 month alone.

At the same time September 27/2017 Sport-Express interview : In Vancouver every where smell of marijuana . 

Question : Pavel Datsyuk many times said that he wants to return home 

Answer: Life without Russians-FINISH, always want to go home, its normal, here is my city, my team, I start to play hockey here.

Question: You signed contract for 3 years but after that Canucks still own rights for your  service?

Answer: Do you think I am out of luck ? I will not say that Canucks bad team or something like that. At the same time I am not sure if I go over sea after my contract finish in Russia, will see, If they want me, If contract will be good for me, too early to say. 

Question: Recently, one of Vancouver portal (not sure newspaper or internet) have a poll if you come back, 51% said NO.

Answer: That's it, decision made (laughing), will see, to early to say, to early to even think about this

Question: Jim Benning said that you went home because of "family issues" ?

Answer: Family and hockey together, not a single problem

Question: about Goldy and at the end asking why he is come back, not enough ice time ?

Answer: Many times I was on the bench, No-not many times, always me ! And I don't understand why ? I am playing good game and 5-7 minutes before the end, they put me on the bench without any explanations, a little bit unusual. 

 

He is good player and person, he is also comfortable and HOME now, if you force me to bet...I will bet against his come back.

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pavel the Bure said:

I hope I am wrong but my feelings is Tryamkin will never play in Vancouver again. He is comfortable in Russia now, he was Super unhappy here (I read/watch many interviews in Russian language), and finally I don't think (personal opinion) he is mentally ready to play at the high level under constant pressure. Again, I hope I am wrong.....

He is making less than a million there. He could make 3-5 million here. I think his family will like that math.

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

I am trying to listen interview if possible, always prefer video to reading newspaper/news. I never witnessed his complains on video, interesting video from 04/27/2016 about his first season -high level of organization in Vancouver, good fans, smaller ice, a lot of attention from press, daily questions, like under microscope, first shift in NHL 12 sec, good words towards Sedins ...missing family, 1.5 month alone.

At the same time September 27/2017 Sport-Express interview : In Vancouver every where smell of marijuana . 

Question : Pavel Datsyuk many times said that he wants to return home 

Answer: Life without Russians-FINISH, always want to go home, its normal, here is my city, my team, I start to play hockey here.

Question: You signed contract for 3 years but after that Canucks still own rights for your  service?

Answer: Do you think I am out of luck ? I will not say that Canucks bad team or something like that. At the same time I am not sure if I go over sea after my contract finish in Russia, will see, If they want me, If contract will be good for me, too early to say. 

Question: Recently, one of Vancouver portal (not sure newspaper or internet) have a poll if you come back, 51% said NO.

Answer: That's it, decision made (laughing), will see, to early to say, to early to even think about this

Question: Jim Benning said that you went home because of "family issues" ?

Answer: Family and hockey together, not a single problem

Question: about Goldy and at the end asking why he is come back, not enough ice time ?

Answer: Many times I was on the bench, No-not many times, always me ! And I don't understand why ? I am playing good game and 5-7 minutes before the end, they put me on the bench without any explanations, a little bit unusual. 

 

He is good player and person, he is also comfortable and HOME now, if you force me to bet...I will bet against his come back.

 

Why would he take another huge home town discount? He's given them 3 years. He needs to get paid more what he's worth. 

My guess is he's left at least 5 million on the table working for KHL wages in those 3 years.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

I am trying to listen interview if possible, always prefer video to reading newspaper/news. I never witnessed his complains on video, interesting video from 04/27/2016 about his first season -high level of organization in Vancouver, good fans, smaller ice, a lot of attention from press, daily questions, like under microscope, first shift in NHL 12 sec, good words towards Sedins ...missing family, 1.5 month alone.

At the same time September 27/2017 Sport-Express interview : In Vancouver every where smell of marijuana . 

Question : Pavel Datsyuk many times said that he wants to return home 

Answer: Life without Russians-FINISH, always want to go home, its normal, here is my city, my team, I start to play hockey here.

Question: You signed contract for 3 years but after that Canucks still own rights for your  service?

Answer: Do you think I am out of luck ? I will not say that Canucks bad team or something like that. At the same time I am not sure if I go over sea after my contract finish in Russia, will see, If they want me, If contract will be good for me, too early to say. 

Question: Recently, one of Vancouver portal (not sure newspaper or internet) have a poll if you come back, 51% said NO.

Answer: That's it, decision made (laughing), will see, to early to say, to early to even think about this

Question: Jim Benning said that you went home because of "family issues" ?

Answer: Family and hockey together, not a single problem

Question: about Goldy and at the end asking why he is come back, not enough ice time ?

Answer: Many times I was on the bench, No-not many times, always me ! And I don't understand why ? I am playing good game and 5-7 minutes before the end, they put me on the bench without any explanations, a little bit unusual. 

 

He is good player and person, he is also comfortable and HOME now, if you force me to bet...I will bet against his come back.

 

Perhaps he needs to live somewhere where marijuana isn't so present, can't say I smell it often if ever where I live.

 

Nothing from those questions would indicate that he's done with coming back here. It sounds like he liked his time here, but there was a known issue about his wife and getting comfortable here which is something that can be more prepared for especially if he's making more money here for his family than back in Russia. There's the hockey issue, but we have a new coach that is good with development.

 

I have a good feeling he does return, but for how long, who knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like Tryamkin to come back but if his wife had home sickeness, well, that just doesn't go away ever for some people.

 

Also, I heard Russia is cheap as hell to live in.  Maybe someone here can confirm.

 

If that is the case, he would be making 3 million over here which would equate to about 1 million over in Russia. Taxes, agent fees, and other fees over here is stupid high.

 

We will see in a few months I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would like Tryamkin to come back but if his wife had home sickeness, well, that just doesn't go away ever for some people.

 

Also, I heard Russia is cheap as hell to live in.  Maybe someone here can confirm.

 

If that is the case, he would be making 3 million over here which would equate to about 1 million over in Russia. Taxes, agent fees, and other fees over here is stupid high.

 

We will see in a few months I guess.

Good questions to ask, he is playing for Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, he is from Yekaterinburg, in 2018-2019 season he was second highest paid player (defencemen ) and made 48 ml ruble salary and 11 mln bonus (they have different system in KHL) total 59 mln in 2018-19 season which about 950.000 US on TODAY exchange. Life for sure cheaper in Yekaterinburg and its not even close.

I never heard from him something like "I want to play in best hockey league in the world", at the same time he is always talking about "home, nice to be home, coach second father" , and this is WHY I am questioning his desire to return. Again, I hope I am wrong, Canucks will be better with him. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

Good questions to ask, he is playing for Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, he is from Yekaterinburg, in 2018-2019 season he was second highest paid player (defencemen ) and made 48 ml ruble salary and 11 mln bonus (they have different system in KHL) total 59 mln in 2018-19 season which about 950.000 US on TODAY exchange. Life for sure cheaper in Yekaterinburg and its not even close.

I never heard from him something like "I want to play in best hockey league in the world", at the same time he is always talking about "home, nice to be home, coach second father" , and this is WHY I am questioning his desire to return. Again, I hope I am wrong, Canucks will be better with him. 

Thanks for that info Pavel. 

 

The info you gave above regarding the difference in cost of living in Russia vs. North America is why I doubt the pay cheque is a reason why Tryamkin would come back. He either wants to play in the NHL or not.  That will be the deciding factor (unless of course his wife simply does not want to live in North America and leave her home).

 

I won't hold my breath until I see him skating in a game with the Canucks. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Those sound like the questions from 2.5 years ago.

There’s always the newbies , just looking to catch up :)

it is refreshing to see this much interest in a player we have playing overseas, whose possible return could immediately add a dynamic ingredient to our D core.

Nik is fearless, strong, and so far, indestructible . His skating ability and checking ability is above average. . And that is saying a lot for a 6’8” 260 lb man.

He is far more mature now, and said in the very beginning that he wants to play in the NHL..  Feb 27th can not come quick enough, and I think the writing is on the wall when his agent says “Better than 50% chance Tryamkin returns to Canucks”.

If Avtomobilist is out of the playoffs on Feb 27th, I would imagine Nik is on his 26hr journey to Vancouver within 72hrs.

Leaving Link this to rekindle the interest, hopefully we hear more from Rick Dahliwal this month, he seems to historically have good access to Todd Diamond, Niks agent.

 

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/diamond-better-than-50-chance-tryamkin-returns-to-canucks-1.1325182

 

IMG_0347.thumb.JPG.d61905abdcb135a1162f115a72ae18b4.JPG

 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

There’s always the newbies , just looking to catch up :)

it is refreshing to see this much interest in a player we have playing overseas, whose possible return could immediately add a dynamic ingredient to our D core.

Nik is fearless, strong, and so far, indestructible . His skating ability and checking ability is above average. . And that is saying a lot for a 6’8” 260 lb man.

He is far more mature now, and said in the very beginning that he wants to play in the NHL..  Feb 27th can not come quick enough, and I think the writing is on the wall when his agent says “Better than 50% chance Tryamkin returns to Canucks”.

If Avtomobilist is out of the playoffs on Feb 27th, I would imagine Nik is on his 26hr journey to Vancouver within 72hrs.

Leaving Link this to rekindle the interest, hopefully we hear more from Rick Dahliwal this month, he seems to historically have good access to Todd Diamond, Niks agent.

 

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/diamond-better-than-50-chance-tryamkin-returns-to-canucks-1.1325182

 

IMG_0347.thumb.JPG.d61905abdcb135a1162f115a72ae18b4.JPG

 

I am not trying to catch up Sir :)

Just explained my feelings on possible Trymkin return. What else his agent will say ? and you know what, my chance to meet Queen Elizabeth better then 50%, I am not planning to visit London any time soon and she is not getting any younger but chances are the same. 

We all understand Trymkin will improve Canucks D, I'll be first to cheer for him (Russian connection) but you need to put all factors in consideration. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...