28 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Can you explain why you think that?  
He isn’t that now, in a lesser league, and is starting to get out of the ‘prospect’ age.  

Yes he is.. in the next best professional league to the NHL..  “prospect age”,.perhaps.  ...but coming into his prime.

• Upvote 2

Tryamkin is clearly a 3rd pairing D man in the NHL.

However, I suggest the following course of action:

1. JB calls Tryamkin and gets him to agree to come over at the end of the KHL season.

2. Tryamkin agrees to take MMA 3 days a week.

3. Tryamkin gets paid 7 million per year to knock the sh&% out of players like Caps Wilson and Oils Kassian/Nurse.

4. Canucks win cups.

....just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Tryamkin is clearly a 3rd pairing D man in the NHL.

However, I suggest the following course of action:

1. JB calls Tryamkin and gets him to agree to come over at the end of the KHL season.

2. Tryamkin agrees to take MMA 3 days a week.

3. Tryamkin gets paid 7 million per year to knock the sh&% out of players like Caps Wilson and Oils Kassian/Nurse.

4. Canucks win cups.

....just a thought.

What makes him clearly a 3rd pairing dman in the NHL?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Tryamkin brings something Myers needs help with. Clearance of the crease and help stopping opponent cycle. Fantenburgh is helpful but no offense to Huggy/Stech/Tanev but the big and aggressive opponent forwards are not intimidated by them. The recent games where we have allowed 5 or 6 goals shows we need help putting out tire fires. Calling Tryamkin a top 4 or bottom pairing is purely semantics. Our D needs reinforcements Tanev and Edler won't last the whole season. Stecher and Hughes are not intended as shut down types. Benn is better than what we had last year but Fantenburgh hits harder. Tryamkin will come in and continue where he left off when he was here. As a shutdown D man. But he comes back knowing that it's not only whistle to whistle but prepared for the weak ass chippy stuff in the scrums. I'm sure he'll be game. He's shown flashes of it in the KHL but it's not as necessary as here

ps that poke check he has is still amazing.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Yes he is.. in the next best professional league to the NHL..  “prospect age”,.perhaps.  ...but coming into his prime.

Thank you. Took the words right out of my mouth. :lol:

• Hydration 1

12 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Can you explain why you think that?  
He isn’t that now, in a lesser league, and is starting to get out of the ‘prospect’ age.  

He is currently being used as a shutdown Dman, leading his team in ice time while also leading his team's D in plus minus. Can you explain why you would state "he isn't that now" ? Because I see no facts at all that support your position.

3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

He is currently being used as a shutdown Dman, leading his team in ice time while also leading his team's D in plus minus. Can you explain why you would state "he isn't that now" ? Because I see no facts at all that support your position.

Tryamkin is not leading his team in ice time for a D.  However, it is very close.

Vasilevsky  19:58

Tryamkin  20:04

Gurkin 18:52

Bodrov 20:27

Mamkin 18:59

Vishnexsky 16:54

Batyrshin 16:14

Berezin 17:17

So the top 5 D all play very similar ice times.

22 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Tryamkin is not leading his team in ice time for a D.  However, it is very close.

Vasilevsky  19:58

Tryamkin  20:04

Gurkin 18:52

Bodrov 20:27

Mamkin 18:59

Vishnexsky 16:54

Batyrshin 16:14

Berezin 17:17

So the top 5 D all play very similar ice times.

But Tryamkin gets the tougher match ups and is ALWAYS on the first PK. First over the boards when short handed.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

With our record of injuries, I'd have to think this wouldn't be a problem.

Our D-core has been pretty healthy this year.

Forwards take up majority of the time lost.

21 hours ago, Tracksuit said:

Sure hope this guy comes back. But we’d have to make space for him so who goes. 

I think if he comes back, and we don’t have anybody down injured on the blue line, that we’ll see Stecher get moved for prospect or pick.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Our D-core has been pretty healthy this year.

Forwards take up majority of the time lost.

True.  It has been an odd year for us that way lol.  Usually D injuries have hit us hard by now...

...knock on wood!

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

True.  It has been an odd year for us that way lol.  Usually D injuries have hit us hard by now...

...knock on wood!

I wonder what the statistics are for is playing and finishing a game with only 5 d men. I think we would lead the league in that category.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 3

On 12/24/2019 at 10:30 AM, WeneedLumme said:

Just like most players it's going to take time to adapt. I would guess it's going to take him an entire year like last time in order to get up to NHL speed. Not to mention the team is much better now so it's not going to be risk free like last time where we afford to let him learn on the job.

6 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

It takes time to adapt to things one has not experienced before. That is not the case here. You can guess whatever you like, but I see no reason, nor have you presented any, why it would take him a year to adapt to something he is already familiar with.

I think he would need to readjust from the WD era to the Green era assuming there are differences in approach. There are new players now and simply adjusting to being here. I agree that it shouldn't take as long though because he should have a better idea of what to expect here outside of the rink and hopefully be more prepared this time around, so he can focus on his game. I don't think he will have the conditioning issue like he did last time as well, but I expect a gradual minute progression before he becomes a top 4 (assuming he gets there).

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I think he would need to readjust from the WD era to the Green era assuming there are differences in approach. There are new players now and simply adjusting to being here. I agree that it shouldn't take as long though because he should have a better idea of what to expect here outside of the rink and hopefully be more prepared this time around, so he can focus on his game. I don't think he will have the conditioning issue like he did last time as well, but I expect a gradual minute progression before he becomes a top 4 (assuming he gets there).

Sure there are adjustments to be made when moving to a new team/coach, but there is obviously no massive adjustment to be made due to the league, since the KHL has been changing to be more like the NHL (specifically ice size) and he already has a full year's experience in the NHL.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

More then a year of experience! 
Tryamkin will be fine if/when he signs back with us. 

I still don’t see the cap space for us to sign him through. 
3 mil/season is a conservative estimate for his salary. We don’t have any room going into next season.