Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

More then a year of experience! 
Tryamkin will be fine if/when he signs back with us. 
 

I still don’t see the cap space for us to sign him through. 
3 mil/season is a conservative estimate for his salary. We don’t have any room going into next season. 

If Tryamkin takes Tanev's spot and Rafferty takes Stecher's spot there is plenty of room.  I know some people think we are going to re-sign Tanev but I doubt that will happen if Tryamkin comes back and signs a long term deal.  Also, Ferland may stay on LTIR, giving us an extra $3.5 million.  And who knows, maybe Benning has a side deal where Loui retires.  But in any event, without Tanev, Stecher (most likely traded), Schaller and Leivo we can re-sign Gaudette, Virtanen, Markstrom and bring in Tryamkin and Rafferty.  I doubt Benning goes after any UFA's next summer though.  I think we will be focused on integrating our youth into the lineup.  Hoglander could be another one to make the big club.  And there is Kole Lind.

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

It takes time to adapt to things one has not experienced before. That is not the case here. You can guess whatever you like, but I see no reason, nor have you presented any, why it would take him a year to adapt to something he is already familiar with.

I would say the NHL is extremely difficult. I don't feel that it's something you can leave for 2 years and just jump in like you never left. I would be happy to be wrong but I just think it's going to be a stretch to think he can just just jump back into the NHL. I guess I read it differently than most. I thought he made great strides by the end of the year but thought he had some serious struggles on the way. He's going to have to relearn some things, including playing for a new coach, with new teammates in a far different Canucks teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Watched today's game. One really good hit by Try. When he hits it looks like he's not really trying. He  slammed  his guy into the boards the guy bounced off (similar to his Pirri hit against Anaheim) then as they continued the guy haphazardly gets in Tryamkins way again and he gets shoved down to the ice, ragdoll style.

I don't think it will take Tryamkin long to adjust, especially the hitting part.

They lost 4-3 in OT.  I don't think Tryamkin was on the ice for any goals against.

I hope the miss the playoffs and then he's available right away.

 

He might just have some trouble adjusting to the retribution that always follows throwing a big hit in today's NHL.  He should be able to handle himself against most players, but it will be interesting to see what happens when Reaves, Wilson or even Chara comes after him to 'avenge' a hit thrown on one of their teammates.  I'm not sure if his size advantage will be enough to overcome their fistic experience advantage.  And if he does get beaten in a fight, how will he respond? Will he stop throwing hits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

He might just have some trouble adjusting to the retribution that always follows throwing a big hit in today's NHL.  He should be able to handle himself against most players, but it will be interesting to see what happens when Reaves, Wilson or even Chara comes after him to 'avenge' a hit thrown on one of their teammates.  I'm not sure if his size advantage will be enough to overcome their fistic experience advantage.  And if he does get beaten in a fight, how will he respond? Will he stop throwing hits?

On the other hand, perhaps it would nice to have a guy that could possibly match up against a Reaves or Wilson, so they don't take liberties on us. Wilson is a dirtier player and Reaves is probably the best fighter in the game, but we don't have anyone close that can match up to them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I would say the NHL is extremely difficult. I don't feel that it's something you can leave for 2 years and just jump in like you never left. I would be happy to be wrong but I just think it's going to be a stretch to think he can just just jump back into the NHL. I guess I read it differently than most. I thought he made great strides by the end of the year but thought he had some serious struggles on the way. He's going to have to relearn some things, including playing for a new coach, with new teammates in a far different Canucks teams.

Players jump into the NHL all the time from various leagues and perform well. There will be an adjustment period, but it won't be as long as his first time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

 

Guys,  guys,  guys,  ....  it was right under our noses all along and we didn’t see it?.?....  

               Travis Green is from Castlegar,     there MUST be Borscht in his belly and Doukhobor in his veins . B)

Nope, Travis didn't sing in the Doukhobor choir or play for the Rebels. He did play for the Jr. SmokeEaters who had a number of the World Champion SmokeEaters involved with the team. The Rebels had a young kid named Chernoff, if memory serves, who was an incredible talent. One of those stories where his talented far exceded his ability to overcome personal problems. Travis had a lot of support and good family.   

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Nope, Travis didn't sing in the Doukhobor choir or play for the Rebels. He did play for the Jr. SmokeEaters who had a number of the World Champion SmokeEaters involved with the team. The Rebels had a young kid named Chernoff, if memory serves, who was an incredible talent. One of those stories where his talented far exceded his ability to overcome personal problems. Travis had a lot of support and good family.   

My comments were in light humour Bouds’,

If Castlegar was truly his home, I know historically there was, and still exists a presence of the Russian Doukhabor community spread throughout the Kootenays.

No doubt that Green would have friends from his childhood and youth who were of a, or almost direct Russian descent.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He's already seen the uglier after the whistle stuff his first season here. It was funny his first season back in the KHL he was in beast mode and I think their coaches toned him down some. He already has a rivalry with a couple players here. And I think he will handle the after works better with Roussel giving him pointers. Plus he could bear hug Reaves through the boards if he needed to. That was a good sized forward he ragdolled yesterday. 

Plus his hits are clean hits which can be devastating and if he hit with malice like Wilson? Beware because he's got a real protective streak. He's injured guys on clean hits cause he's a heavy hitter. 

... not a bad defensive end tactic to demolish a guy in with a hit,.  Get the stop in play,. and reset with a faceoff ?.? :ph34r:

he did it with Richardson.. and a few others out of frustration of getting hit hard went after him.

kids a beauty,.  Be gnarly when he’s pissed. !,

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Hmm Tryamkin on 4th position for the most powerful shots in the KHL in the last week with 163.4 km per hr...

 

For us old West Coast Loggers, that rounds out like:

164 kilometres per hour =

101.905 miles per hour.
That will give a mountain a Mowhawk.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Hmm Tryamkin on 4th position for the most powerful shots in the KHL in the last week with 163.4 km per hr...

 

Who are the other players on the list?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.