The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, Tree n Me said:

Several years ago my son and I did the Trans Siberian Railroad from Beijing to St. Petersburg.  During the trip we either stayed with couchsurfers or met up with them and had them show us their city.  When we got to Yekaterinburg we met up with Olga and her husband Dan who we had previously contacted on the Couchsurfing website.  Olga had asked what we wanted to see during our visit and the first thing I mentioned was that we wanted to go to a KHL game.  She was able to get tickets to the game against Omsk and told me that it would be no trouble to purchase a team jersey at the game.  While we sere heading to the arena, she informed me that Dan actually was in charge of printing the programs for the game and because of their contacts, I would be able to get my jersey signed by the whole Avtomobilist team.  When we entered the arena, Olga went off to talk to a lady that she knew.  She came back to inform us that the lady was the arena manager and that, since I knew about Nikita Tryamkin, he would come out to visit with me for fifteen minutes after the game.  He didn't speak much English and managed to express to me that he was pleased that Vancouver fans were happy to have him join the Canucks for the next season and that he was looking forward to continuing his career in Vancouver.  Awesome experienceTryamkin.thumb.jpg.9421352ff30c53702c42021367902716.jpg

Awesome..I heard you slipped him 2 mill in gold bars(in hockey bags) ensuring his return. Thanks for that says Canuck Nation! :^)

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Tree n Me said:

Several years ago my son and I did the Trans Siberian Railroad from Beijing to St. Petersburg.  During the trip we either stayed with couchsurfers or met up with them and had them show us their city.  When we got to Yekaterinburg we met up with Olga and her husband Dan who we had previously contacted on the Couchsurfing website.  Olga had asked what we wanted to see during our visit and the first thing I mentioned was that we wanted to go to a KHL game.  She was able to get tickets to the game against Omsk and told me that it would be no trouble to purchase a team jersey at the game.  While we sere heading to the arena, she informed me that Dan actually was in charge of printing the programs for the game and because of their contacts, I would be able to get my jersey signed by the whole Avtomobilist team.  When we entered the arena, Olga went off to talk to a lady that she knew.  She came back to inform us that the lady was the arena manager and that, since I knew about Nikita Tryamkin, he would come out to visit with me for fifteen minutes after the game.  He didn't speak much English and managed to express to me that he was pleased that Vancouver fans were happy to have him join the Canucks for the next season and that he was looking forward to continuing his career in Vancouver.  Awesome experienceTryamkin.thumb.jpg.9421352ff30c53702c42021367902716.jpg

Great user name and awesome first post! Welcome to CDC!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Tree n Me said:

That is way too cool!!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin will help cut down on goals against. He may be on the bottom pairing with Fantenburgh and they will make opposing forwards feel very unwelcome in our zone. And little less time for Tanev on the PK. Cutting down on his injuries.

I actually think it will alleviate a lot of the pressure on Edler. Hughes-Tanev, Edler-Myers, Tryamkin-Stecher are three well rounded pairs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin will help cut down on goals against. He may be on the bottom pairing with Fantenburgh and they will make opposing forwards feel very unwelcome in our zone. And little less time for Tanev on the PK. Cutting down on his injuries.

Have noticed that he doesn't go out looking for hits, but he doesn't shy away from them when the opportunity is there. Anyone he hits, they are going to feel it!

Really hope he comes back the end of this season. We need this type of size to really wear a team like St Louis down in a Playoff series.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:07 AM, Kobayashi Maru said:

If Tryamkin comes in and plays like he does in the KHL or even like he did in his first stint he will be protected.  He’s a unique talent that you just can’t find or draft.  Chara, Myers types don’t grow on trees (pun intended ::D).

As much as he is a fan favourite Stecher is the one that likely gets exposed in expansion if Tree comes back.

I'd be downright shocked if one of Tanev/Stecher (likely Stecher) aren't moved at the TDL.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Does he always play the right side?

I guess the big concern is how JB will fit him in with the team's salary cap mess.  There's some important RFA signings for next season and the team is still tight to the cap when you consider the $ for Marky and the RFAs. 

The Luongo penalty is killing the team right now.  Really hoping that there is an increase in the cap for next season.  Still, I can see a couple of players being moved and/or not re-signed. 

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Does he always play the right side?

I guess the big concern is how JB will fit him in with the team's salary cap mess.  There's some important RFA signings for next season and the team is still tight to the cap when you consider the $ for Marky and the RFAs. 

The Luongo penalty is killing the team right now.  Really hoping that there is an increase in the cap for next season.  Still, I can see a couple of players being moved and/or not re-signed. 

Tanev's not likely back, Stecher likely replaced by Rafferty.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Tanev's not likely back, Stecher likely replaced by Rafferty.

UFAs and RFAs for next season: Virtanen, Motte, Gaud, McKewan, Fantenberg, Leivo, Graovac, Marky, (Tanev + Stecher=$6.77M savings if traded -this will cover Marky's contract).  Schaller ($1.9M) will walk or be traded.  JB can bring in Tryamkin after deadline, but will have to create cap space for his contract next season.

That's alot of $ in new contracts.  I don't know what Try will get, but I would think it will be at least Stecher $. 

If team is making a push for playoff performances, they may not want to trade Tanev, Schaller or Leivo.

I think JB has to miraculously trade a Baer, Sutter or (not likely) Eriksson and pray that the salary cap goes up. 

30 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

UFAs and RFAs for next season: Virtanen, Motte, Gaud, McKewan, Fantenberg, Leivo, Graovac, Marky, (Tanev + Stecher=$6.77M savings if traded -this will cover Marky's contract).  Schaller ($1.9M) will walk or be traded.  JB can bring in Tryamkin after deadline, but will have to create cap space for his contract next season.

That's alot of $ in new contracts.  I don't know what Try will get, but I would think it will be at least Stecher $. 

If team is making a push for playoff performances, they may not want to trade Tanev, Schaller or Leivo.

I think JB has to miraculously trade a Baer, Sutter or (not likely) Eriksson and pray that the salary cap goes up. 

Tanev may simply walk (assuming not traded because - playoffs...though I'd not personally be opposed, depending on the return). As will Leivo, Schaller and Fantenberg likely.

Next year Tryamkin ($2.5m +/-?) and Rafferty ($700K) replace Tanev ($4.45) and Stecher ($2.325). That's $3.75m savings right there. Motte will only see a moderate raise. Virtanen likely sees a bit of a bump. Gaudette likely gets a similar bridge to the one Virtanen's on now.

Marky's really the biggest conundrum as he's likely due at MINIMUM a $2m raise (and likely more). But Baer will only have one year left and will likely be easier to move this summer/next fall and at a slightly lower cost in futures, which hopefully clears a bit more space. Same goes for Sutter and Benn as possibilities. Even with just some of those moves, and a likely cap increase, should be enough to squeak everyone in and have a few guys on low dollar ELC/bridge deals filling in depth roles. 

It's a bit of a challenge but it's far from insurmountable...and doesn't require any 'miracles'.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Tanev may simply walk (assuming not traded because - playoffs...though I'd not personally be opposed, depending on the return). As will Leivo, Schaller and Fantenberg likely.

Next year Tryamkin ($2.5m +/-?) and Rafferty ($700K) replace Tanev ($4.45) and Stecher ($2.325). That's $3.75m savings right there. Motte will only see a moderate raise. Virtanen likely sees a bit of a bump. Gaudette likely gets a similar bridge to the one Virtanen's on now.

Marky's really the biggest conundrum as he's likely due at MINIMUM a $2m raise (and likely more). But Baer will only have one year left and will likely be easier to move this summer/next fall and at a slightly lower cost in futures, which hopefully clears a bit more space. Same goes for Sutter and Benn as possibilities. Even with just some of those moves, and a likely cap increase, should be enough to squeak everyone in and have a few guys on low dollar ELC/bridge deals filling in depth roles. 

It's a bit of a challenge but it's far from insurmountable...and doesn't require any 'miracles'.

I would think that Tryamkin would want a contract before coming over here.  Baer, Sutter and Benn (+10M) are signed for next season.  Perhaps Benn can be traded, but the other two appear to be a difficult to trade unless picks/prospects and/or retentions are included.  Not a pleasant outlook.

I have faith that JB will find a less painful way to do what is needed, but by any means, it will be a really tough job.  The following season with Pearson, Pettersson, Hughes and Demko needing contracts will be even more difficult.

I also beleive that there will be a significant cap hit coming, due to the lucrative US TV signing.  Hope it is substantial!

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I would think that Tryamkin would want a contract before coming over here.  Baer, Sutter and Benn (+10M) are signed for next season.  Perhaps Benn can be traded, but the other two appear to be a difficult to trade unless picks/prospects and/or retentions are included.  Not a pleasant outlook.

I have faith that JB will find a less painful way to do what is needed, but by any means, it will be a really tough job.  The following season with Pearson, Pettersson, Hughes and Demko needing contracts will be even more difficult.

I also beleive that there will be a significant cap hit coming, due to the lucrative US TV signing.  Hope it is substantial!

Who said he wouldn't have a contract before coming over? :blink:

NEXT season swapping Tanev/Stecher for Try/Rafferty should cover Marky's raise +/-. Dropping Schaller for an ELC should cover Virtanen's +/-. Leivo for an ELC covers Gaudette's +/-. A cap increase should cover Motte + give us some breathing room.

If we're also able to move a Baer or Sutter (or Gordie willing Eriksson moves/retires) etc, it's just gravy and some added elbow room.

Stop worrying. They've got this. It's not that bad.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Who said he wouldn't have a contract before coming over? :blink:

NEXT season swapping Tanev/Stecher for Try/Rafferty should cover Marky's raise +/-. Dropping Schaller for an ELC should cover Virtanen's +/-. Leivo for an ELC covers Gaudette's +/-. A cap increase should cover Motte + give us some breathing room.

If we're also able to move a Baer or Sutter (or Gordie willing Eriksson moves/retires) etc, it's just gravy and some added elbow room.

Stop worrying. They've got this. It's not that bad.

Not worried.  Just a discussion.  Sorry for conflicting with your rightness.B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1