Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I think there’s a more then a 88% chance he’s coming. First time he was young and a newly wed and not sure what to expect.

now , I would think he knows what to expect as does his family. It’s a now or never situation. this could be a good Canuck second half season he’s walking into and he couldn’t ask for anything better. A team on the rise and rolling into the playoffs. Plus whatever D partner he gets it’s a solid Partner. All D guys have been great so far. What sets Trym apart from the others is the X factor...big tough D and can skate...yes I think the other teams will know when he’s on the ice.

 

If Big Trym earns Coach Greens trust and Trym plays well he could make some good Money and a nice lengthy NHL living...and that not to shabby plus he’s got a wife that is super hot.....Tryamkin is living every guys dream.

 

Go Canucks Goo

 I quoted after he left that there may be a powerful effect for a 21 year old who was already taking on the ire of the the likes of J Benn, Troy Brouwer, Getzlaff, and others.. He would have the chance to grow stronger physically, and mentally in a league (KHL) uninfluenced by players here, who normally gain respect by aggression.

 

As a 21 year old,. The pugilist’s way in the NHL could possibly effect Tryamkins mental strengths before he had developed into the full package he is now.

 It’s not indifferent to the slow arrival of Virtannen.

We should not expect that rookie back, we should expect the warrior he has become, and in a short period of adjustment with gainful opportunities..  Hopefully by next Christmas, The Prize of a player that Benning saw in this young man.

He will show well for us in the short term this season if the stars align,.  But I think next season will be powerful for players like Tryamkin, Virtannen, Motte, Myers, Rousell, Pearson, Beagle, Horvat, Schaller, MacEwan, Guadette, Benn and Stetcher. .  

If all or any of those player are with us, I just feel there is a PACK mentality that is yet untapped in this Team,. And perhaps Tryamkin could be the catalyst for such,. Just as Chara has been in Boston for years.. a warhorse.

Someones just got to get him a free pass to a Yoga for Roadkill Class & MMA Gym ;)   

Id love to see the likes of the Wilsons and Reaves’ get Crushed into extinction cleanly and then ripped apart by our own pack in the 1st period of any game.. strip the meat from the bones,.  and that’s all that’s left.. bones.

 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rubles is fine if you never left Yetkatinburgh but his wife loves to travel. They have pictures of travelling from around the world.

The only caveat about playing this season is exposure in Seattle's expansion draft. But if were serious about making a run in the post season,

Tryamkin could give us defensive depth we will definitely need.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If and when he signs here it'll probably be initially for one year for management to see where's he's at playing-wise at the NHL level and for him to figure out if the NHL and NA is for him.

 

After that if he wants to stay I see us locking him up to a longer deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to have Tryamkin back but question is who goes down and is he expansion draft eligible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If and when he signs here it'll probably be initially for one year for management to see where's he's at playing-wise at the NHL level and for him to figure out if the NHL and NA is for him.

 

After that if he wants to stay I see us locking him up to a longer deal. 

I can't imagine JB wanting to go through the Tryamkin soap opera by signing him to a one year deal.  I can't imagine anything less than a three year deal.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can't imagine JB wanting to go through the Tryamkin soap opera by signing him to a one year deal.  I can't imagine anything less than a three year deal.

Absolutely, but forget about JB. Neither Todd Diamond nor Tryamkin are coming back unless they secure at least three years and have some guarantees/assurances around playing time, in my opinion. It’s why I remain somewhat doubtful that this fairy tale will have the happy conclusion  so many are hoping for.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Rubles is fine if you never left Yetkatinburgh but his wife loves to travel. They have pictures of travelling from around the world.

The only caveat about playing this season is exposure in Seattle's expansion draft. But if were serious about making a run in the post season,

Tryamkin could give us defensive depth we will definitely need.

If Tryamkin comes in and plays like he does in the KHL or even like he did in his first stint he will be protected.  He’s a unique talent that you just can’t find or draft.  Chara, Myers types don’t grow on trees (pun intended ::D).

 

As much as he is a fan favourite Stecher is the one that likely gets exposed in expansion if Tree comes back.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Guys, Nikita is definitely coming to Vancouver this year. Just look at the events with him in Avto this season:

 

- End of exhibition games - Tryamkin was assistant captain and playing large minutes.

- First regular game - Tryamkin with no A on his chest and playing on the third pair of defence.

- I think sometime in those 3-4 days in between, Tryamkin was approached by the team management about extending his KHL contract and he declined it.

- Next 2 months Tryamkin played limited time and Avto was loosing games.

- Then the team bosses had no choice but to play Nikita more and more to avoid missing playoffs.

- Tryamkin has never been mentioned in interview with the Avto head coach this season and Nikita does not have interviews with the local media anymore, Nikita was not selected for the KHL AllStar games, the club does not clearly see him in Yekaterinburg next season...

Your evidence is indeed compelling and it serves this intriguing narrative well. The plot certainly has and will continue to thicken as we move forward. Thanks for helping frame this discussion in logic rather than mythology (though the tall tales of Nik’s exploits are a fun diversion from time to time!)

  • Hydration 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stawns said:

I can't imagine JB wanting to go through the Tryamkin soap opera by signing him to a one year deal.  I can't imagine anything less than a three year deal.

I doubt he signs him to any long deal without seeing him at the NHL level first. Might end up giving him a contract he is not worth. We can’t really afford that. Wouldn’t be the smartest move IMO
 

Also I doubt Tryamkin wants to signs more than 1 maybe 2 years. After he comes back he’ll likely make a decision on whether he’s staying after a season. After that a longer term deal would be a lot more doable, especially given that we’ll have a lot more cap coming in with Luo, Loui and others off the books. 
 

A short show-me and feel it out contract. It works for both sides. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, smokes said:

Would love to have Tryamkin back but question is who goes down and is he expansion draft eligible?

I thought this was discussed a few months back Smokes,  to my recollection, Tryamkin may possibly be exempt from the Expansion.

someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I found this for D man eligibility , this is a minimum requirement to eligibility:

* One defenseman who is:

a) under contract in 2021-22 and

b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

And This:

* All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

 

possible loopholes for Nik?

 

Edited by SilentSam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I doubt he signs him to any long deal without seeing him at the NHL level first. Might end up giving him a contract he is not worth. We can’t really afford that. Wouldn’t be the smartest move IMO
 

Also I doubt Tryamkin wants to signs more than 1 maybe 2 years. After he comes back he’ll likely make a decision on whether he’s staying after a season. After that a longer term deal would be a lot more doable, especially given that we’ll have a lot more cap coming in with Luo, Loui and others off the books. 
 

A short show-me and feel it out contract. It works for both sides. 

I honestly don't think JB goes for that after the last Tryamkin drama.......he's going to want a commitment from Try.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I honestly don't think JB goes for that after the last Tryamkin drama.......he's going to want a commitment from Try.

He won’t have much of a choice in that case.  Tryamkin holds all the cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

If Tryamkin comes in and plays like he does in the KHL or even like he did in his first stint he will be protected.  He’s a unique talent that you just can’t find or draft.  Chara, Myers types don’t grow on trees (pun intended ::D).

 

As much as he is a fan favourite Stecher is the one that likely gets exposed in expansion if Tree comes back.

True and I love Stech too for his work ethic and steady play.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Guys, Nikita is definitely coming to Vancouver this year. Just look at the events with him in Avto this season:

 

- End of exhibition games - Tryamkin was assistant captain and playing large minutes.

- First regular game - Tryamkin with no A on his chest and playing on the third pair of defence.

- I think sometime in those 3-4 days in between, Tryamkin was approached by the team management about extending his KHL contract and he declined it.

- Next 2 months Tryamkin played limited time and Avto was loosing games.

- Then the team bosses had no choice but to play Nikita more and more to avoid missing playoffs.

- Tryamkin has never been mentioned in interview with the Avto head coach this season and Nikita does not have interviews with the local media anymore, Nikita was not selected for the KHL AllStar games, the club does not clearly see him in Yekaterinburg next season...

Yes. And little to no PP time. Plus switching to 8 man roster on D. And it's probably the coaches that have him on a stay-at-home defensive style. He rarely rushes the puck. I also remember around the same time you mentioned,  I did not see him in the locker room celebrations after the games he was sat out in, I'm sure that they were applying the guilt trips. But he gave his hometown 3 cheap years and last year was their year to win it all but they couldn't close the deal. Their forwards were too small and got over powered in the second round.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I thought this was discussed a few months back Smokes,  to my recollection, Tryamkin may possibly be exempt from the Expansion.

someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I found this for D man eligibility , this is a minimum requirement to eligibility:

* One defenseman who is:

a) under contract in 2021-22 and

b) played in at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

And This:

* All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

 

possible loopholes for Nik?

 

He should be under contract or will be an RFA at least. He likely plays next season, so I imagine he hits the games marks. If he doesn't play this season then maybe he's considered as only a 2nd year pro, but the assumption is he plays this season which makes him a 3 year pro by the time expansion rolls around.

 

We protect OJ, Tryamkin and there isn't really anyone else anyway. Myers maybe, but we can expose him if we choose so which could be cap relief for us, although he has a bonus structure that forces Seattle to pay him a bonus immediately, so I guess it depends if that scares them off and sort of self protects himself. Maybe Stecher, but it would be a minor loss if he's all we lose. Maybe Tanev if we extend him, but can't see us affording it. So it also opens up the possibility of making a FA splash/trade that we can protect that asset.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Guys, Nikita is definitely coming to Vancouver this year. Just look at the events with him in Avto this season:

 

- End of exhibition games - Tryamkin was assistant captain and playing large minutes.

- First regular game - Tryamkin with no A on his chest and playing on the third pair of defence.

- I think sometime in those 3-4 days in between, Tryamkin was approached by the team management about extending his KHL contract and he declined it.

- Next 2 months Tryamkin played limited time and Avto was loosing games.

- Then the team bosses had no choice but to play Nikita more and more to avoid missing playoffs.

- Tryamkin has never been mentioned in interview with the Avto head coach this season and Nikita does not have interviews with the local media anymore, Nikita was not selected for the KHL AllStar games, the club does not clearly see him in Yekaterinburg next season...

But I thought they stripped his A and lowered his ice time because he sucked. Now he's avoiding the media? What a primadonna. :ph34r:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Guys, Nikita is definitely coming to Vancouver this year. Just look at the events with him in Avto this season:

 

- End of exhibition games - Tryamkin was assistant captain and playing large minutes.

- First regular game - Tryamkin with no A on his chest and playing on the third pair of defence.

- I think sometime in those 3-4 days in between, Tryamkin was approached by the team management about extending his KHL contract and he declined it.

- Next 2 months Tryamkin played limited time and Avto was loosing games.

- Then the team bosses had no choice but to play Nikita more and more to avoid missing playoffs.

- Tryamkin has never been mentioned in interview with the Avto head coach this season and Nikita does not have interviews with the local media anymore, Nikita was not selected for the KHL AllStar games, the club does not clearly see him in Yekaterinburg next season...

Not to mention that we've heard there's good communication between the Canucks and his agent, it certainly does appear that the team is trying to bring him back.

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member