The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Part of me wants Tryamkin to come here as soon as possible, the other part wants Tryamkin to do well and maybe even hopefully win it all. Perhaps it would be more closure for him to leave the KHL for another challenge.

The earlier he joins us allows us to assess him longer, but if he joins us later, perhaps we don't even need to protect him for the expansion which allows us to protect further assets. Also gives him the summer to adjust his family here before getting back to the grind.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Let’s all have a good read,  it seems there is possibly loopholes (games played prior to the draft) that could be played within. But by the time we get to the draft, many may D men may not be worthy of protecting other than the possibilities of Myers, Hughes , Joulevi and or Tryamkin.

Edlers Contract will be ending.. Tanev, Benn, Stetcher,  Fantenburg?  

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Let’s all have a good read,  it seems there is possibly loopholes (games played prior to the draft) that could be played within. But by the time we get to the draft, many may D men may not be worthy of protecting other than the possibilities of Myers, Hughes , Joulevi and or Tryamkin.

Edlers Contract will be ending.. Tanev, Benn, Stetcher,  Fantenburg?  

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918 

Do the 13 games he played in 2015/16 count as a pro season? if no, then he should only have two professional NHL seasons after the end of next year. 

I suspect the 13 games do not, because cap friendly has Nik on the list of players not needing protection from Seattle. They say they include players eligible or "projected to be eligible". https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Do the 13 games he played in 2015/16 count as a pro season? if no, then he should only have two professional NHL seasons after the end of next year. 

I suspect the 13 games do not, because cap friendly has Nik on the list of players not needing protection from Seattle. They say they include players eligible or "projected to be eligible". https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

I side with yo7 on that one Jimmy,   I think he is exempt.  

• Cheers 1

My personal hope for Tryamkin is this:

Let him finish the year in the KHL, we have depth on D in the NHL and may want to give Rafferty a cup of tea this season for his good year in Utica. If we bring NT over this spring and don't play him much or sit him it may back fire on us if we want him to stay. Russains can be finicky about ice time or may feel entitled as they have the KHL to run back home and play in.

I prefer the see NT come to Vancouver at the tail end of summer and get lots of practice in with our team and coaching/training staff. Give him lots of opportunity to play in training camp and pre season and see how he does. If he plays well he will EARN his spot in the top 6 and gain more ice time as Green sees where he fits and utilize him accordingly.

I want to see Nikita succeed with us, but we need to make sure he plays when he comes over

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

My personal hope for Tryamkin is this:

Let him finish the year in the KHL, we have depth on D in the NHL and may want to give Rafferty a cup of tea this season for his good year in Utica. If we bring NT over this spring and don't play him much or sit him it may back fire on us if we want him to stay. Russains can be finicky about ice time or may feel entitled as they have the KHL to run back home and play in.

I prefer the see NT come to Vancouver at the tail end of summer and get lots of practice in with our team and coaching/training staff. Give him lots of opportunity to play in training camp and pre season and see how he does. If he plays well he will EARN his spot in the top 6 and gain more ice time as Green sees where he fits and utilize him accordingly.

I want to see Nikita succeed with us, but we need to make sure he plays when he comes over

He is not going to Utica.

Benning wants him back, now.    Previously offered him a 2 year 2mil per one way, before he went back to the KHL.

your not getting a prospect back in Nik, your getting an NHL player back who previously played 60 - 70 games with us.. earned his spot and new contract back then.  If you haven5 watched any of his games over the last 2 or 3 seasons you should.

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He is not going to Utica.

Benning wants him back, now.    Previously offered him a 2 year 2mil per one way, before he went back to the KHL.

your not getting a prospect back in Nik, your getting an NHL player back who previously played 60 - 70 games with us.. earned his spot and new contract back then.  If you haven5 watched any of his games over the last 2 or 3 seasons you should.

Enlighten me where I said Tryamkin playing in Utica...that is what I assume your eluding to anyway.

I said, reward Rafferty for his good year in Utica so far by giving him a cup of tea with some NHL games this season. I never said sign Big Nikita and make him play in Utica

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Enlighten me where I said Tryamkin playing in Utica...that is what I assume your eluding to anyway.

I said, reward Rafferty for his good year in Utica so far by giving him a cup of tea with some NHL games this season. I never said sign Big Nikita and make him play in Utica

I was just stating my thoughts,  not meant to rebut your thoughts.  M apologies if if was taken that way, I can see how i stated it.

I just wanted to state it with the facts of the level of game he has a achieved and the expectations that now exist for him to have an impact with the Canucks.

I’m sure he will.. he did in his year with us.. he is a goal oriented young man.  He knows there is no room for error.. he just needs to be wanted.

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I was just stating my thoughts,  not meant to rebut your thoughts.  M apologies if if was taken that way, I can see how i stated it.

I just wanted to state it with the facts of the level of game he has a achieved and the expectations that now exist for him to have an impact with the Canucks.

I’m sure he will.. he did in his year with us.. he is a goal oriented young man.  He knows there is no room for error.. he just needs to be wanted.

Isn't it up to Tryamkin's KHL team whether they release him when they are eliminated or hold him until the end of his contract in June?

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is his contract over after his final game though?  

I can't see them holding him back from coming to the NHL if his season was over early even if his contract technically ran longer, that would not sit well with other players. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Isn't it up to Tryamkin's KHL team whether they release him when they are eliminated or hold him until the end of his contract in June?

If that is the case, I don’t think there is anything Avtomobilist could do unless they would already be holding back What is left of his salary.

and I share Jimmys thoughts on it not looking good around the KHL  if they did hold him back.

53 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If that is the case, I don’t think there is anything Avtomobilist could do unless they would already be holding back What is left of his salary.

and I share Jimmys thoughts on it not looking good around the KHL  if they did hold him back.

There's also the possibility that they want to hang on to him longer to see if they can hash out a deal where he stays. It doesn't have to be holding him back unless he's surely going to the NHL. It's like why don't we just release our UFAs as soon as the season ends? We don't so we can negotiate or even try to trade the rights or whatever. Surely no UFA is felt like they are being held back by the team.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Well this is a bit complicated...

1. As a common rule, KHL club and its player may terminate the player's contract before May 1st (first day of free agency) on mutual agreement but the club loses its right to that player.

2. There is some way to go around. The KHL club is allowed to make qualified offer (QO) to the player under 29 with expiring contract between April 1 and 30. If the player accepts QO from the club, then the club continues to have the KHL right to this player - until the player signs KHL contract with the club or decline to sign such contract in written form.

3. If the player accepts QO and the KHL club and him mutually terminate the current expiring contract after that, then the KHL club keeps the right to the player in the KHL.

This means that Tryamkin may come to Canucks in April after Avto is finished with the playoffs if he accepts QO from Avto in that month and the club agrees to let him go to the NHL.

• Thanks 1