This thread is become funny to me ....if you know this team and know the way its coached  theres no way green is gonna trust him if your thinking hes coming back this season 

were on a run and everyone knows the systems and the fact that hes just a depth D in even the KHL should prove it 

5 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

This thread is become funny to me ....if you know this team and know the way its coached  theres no way green is gonna trust him if your thinking hes coming back this season 

were on a run and everyone knows the systems and the fact that hes just a depth D in even the KHL should prove it 

So the Dman who leads your team in ice time is known as the depth D in the KHL? Good to know. On this side of the pond the term "depth D" has a different meaning.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

We weren’t on a run 2 weeks ago.  That will happen again.  Tanev and Edler are healthy again,. Which only means they’re going to get injured.  Green and Tryamkin apparently have a good relationship, something that NT says in an interveiw a couple of year# ago.. and it doesn’t hurt that Benning wants him back. He is playing 22 mins a night in the KHL.

if anyone at all knows hockey..  you know that anything can happen.. 

9 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

I tend to agree, if we bring him over and we end up sitting him in the press box I can't see him being happy and would lead me to believe he would want out. Not saying we should gift him a top 4 spot, but he should get inserted onto the bottom pair if he comes over. Let him get a week or 2 of practices under his belt, then play him and see what we have in big T.

If we bring him over we have to give him ice time or it will be a lost cause imo. Can't see a guy coming over then sitting or being asked to go to Utica and being happy about it. Have to remember, Russians tend to have a sense of entitlement when they come over as they can just flee back "home" if they don't get what they want.

I hope we give him a proper chance, but in doing so we need to move Fantenberg or Benn out to make room for him. Would like to see him start off on the 3rd pair with Stecher, maybe work his way up down the road

FFfffffhh u...  Avto won today..  don’t see Nik on the game sheet..   maybe it is getting more uncomfortable there like @Stierlitz says.

• Hydration 2

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Green and Tryamkin apparently have a good relationship, something that NT says in an interveiw a couple of year# ago..

Yeah I remember that Travis Green (Utica coach at that time) was running the prospect development camp right after the draft where Tryamkin was selected by Canucks. And Tryamkin did participate in the camp with his famous "run" to Grouse Mountain...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tree n Me said:

Several years ago my son and I did the Trans Siberian Railroad from Beijing to St. Petersburg.  During the trip we either stayed with couchsurfers or met up with them and had them show us their city.  When we got to Yekaterinburg we met up with Olga and her husband Dan who we had previously contacted on the Couchsurfing website.  Olga had asked what we wanted to see during our visit and the first thing I mentioned was that we wanted to go to a KHL game.  She was able to get tickets to the game against Omsk and told me that it would be no trouble to purchase a team jersey at the game.  While we sere heading to the arena, she informed me that Dan actually was in charge of printing the programs for the game and because of their contacts, I would be able to get my jersey signed by the whole Avtomobilist team.  When we entered the arena, Olga went off to talk to a lady that she knew.  She came back to inform us that the lady was the arena manager and that, since I knew about Nikita Tryamkin, he would come out to visit with me for fifteen minutes after the game.  He didn't speak much English and managed to express to me that he was pleased that Vancouver fans were happy to have him join the Canucks for the next season and that he was looking forward to continuing his career in Vancouver.  Awesome experienceTryamkin.thumb.jpg.9421352ff30c53702c42021367902716.jpg

Awesome..I heard you slipped him 2 mill in gold bars(in hockey bags) ensuring his return. Thanks for that says Canuck Nation! :^)

• Hydration 1

20 minutes ago, Tree n Me said:

Several years ago my son and I did the Trans Siberian Railroad from Beijing to St. Petersburg.  During the trip we either stayed with couchsurfers or met up with them and had them show us their city.  When we got to Yekaterinburg we met up with Olga and her husband Dan who we had previously contacted on the Couchsurfing website.  Olga had asked what we wanted to see during our visit and the first thing I mentioned was that we wanted to go to a KHL game.  She was able to get tickets to the game against Omsk and told me that it would be no trouble to purchase a team jersey at the game.  While we sere heading to the arena, she informed me that Dan actually was in charge of printing the programs for the game and because of their contacts, I would be able to get my jersey signed by the whole Avtomobilist team.  When we entered the arena, Olga went off to talk to a lady that she knew.  She came back to inform us that the lady was the arena manager and that, since I knew about Nikita Tryamkin, he would come out to visit with me for fifteen minutes after the game.  He didn't speak much English and managed to express to me that he was pleased that Vancouver fans were happy to have him join the Canucks for the next season and that he was looking forward to continuing his career in Vancouver.  Awesome experienceTryamkin.thumb.jpg.9421352ff30c53702c42021367902716.jpg

Great user name and awesome first post! Welcome to CDC!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Burr 2

24 minutes ago, Tree n Me said:

That is way too cool!!!

• Like 3
  • Burr 1

Tryamkin will help cut down on goals against. He may be on the bottom pairing with Fantenburgh and they will make opposing forwards feel very unwelcome in our zone. And little less time for Tanev on the PK. Cutting down on his injuries.

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

On 1/4/2020 at 2:52 PM, SilentSam said:

54 days,.  Counting them now lol !

54 on Saturday; 52 now...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin will help cut down on goals against. He may be on the bottom pairing with Fantenburgh and they will make opposing forwards feel very unwelcome in our zone. And little less time for Tanev on the PK. Cutting down on his injuries.

Have noticed that he doesn't go out looking for hits, but he doesn't shy away from them when the opportunity is there. Anyone he hits, they are going to feel it!

Really hope he comes back the end of this season. We need this type of size to really wear a team like St Louis down in a Playoff series.

• Burr 1

15 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

54 on Saturday; 52 now...

Love it !! :emot-parrot:

One day soon..  a you tube “Tryamkin Hits” compilation to this theme music ;) 

On 1/4/2020 at 10:07 AM, Kobayashi Maru said:

If Tryamkin comes in and plays like he does in the KHL or even like he did in his first stint he will be protected.  He’s a unique talent that you just can’t find or draft.  Chara, Myers types don’t grow on trees (pun intended ::D).

As much as he is a fan favourite Stecher is the one that likely gets exposed in expansion if Tree comes back.

I'd be downright shocked if one of Tanev/Stecher (likely Stecher) aren't moved at the TDL.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Does he always play the right side?

I guess the big concern is how JB will fit him in with the team's salary cap mess.  There's some important RFA signings for next season and the team is still tight to the cap when you consider the $ for Marky and the RFAs. 

The Luongo penalty is killing the team right now.  Really hoping that there is an increase in the cap for next season.  Still, I can see a couple of players being moved and/or not re-signed.