Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Borvat said:

It looks likely that Tryamkin's team (Avto) makes the playoffs.  They would have to play pretty bad to drop out completely.  62 games total for the season.

 

image.png.bc96ec6fde8c264bd2a3b9a6137e91c3.png

 

Look who is dominating the KHL.  Our very own Linden Vey.  Maybe Willie D was onto something.

 

image.png.3123c6607a222606d4f2c79ff1234043.png  

Keep in mind that Avtomobilist has won 1 out of their last 5 games including a game yesterday.

 

50 days til Feb 27th. ;) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, Warhippy said:

I could see a bridge of 2 years sub $4 million myself.

That’s seems a bit high. I like Jake, but if Boeser is making 5.8 on a bridge I’m not sure he’s worth much more then 3. 
 

and given Jake’s history of inconsistent play and lack of effort at times, I’m not sure I’d ever give him more than 3 years on a contract. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Add Goldy and your done. I would like to see Motte given some games further up the lines. Probably won't happen unless injuries happen. 

Motte is not better than anyone in the top 9 though, so why should he get that shot?

 

I agree that if injuries occur then maybe he could get a shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Nigel Dawes, now that's a name I haven't read or heard in years 

You haven't been following this thread then. He was the one that was given the captaincy when Tryamkin was "stripped" of it.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

You haven't been following this thread then. He was the one that was given the captaincy when Tryamkin was "stripped" of it.

I pop into the prospects section when I can and try to keep up with our prospects. But yeah, I miss things. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I pop into the prospects section when I can and try to keep up with our prospects. But yeah, I miss things. 

I wasn't knocking you. It was just one of those things in this thread that was ridiculous from the side that wanted to point out anything bad about Tryamkin without any knowledge about it. Almost an inside joke of this thread if you will.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Motte is not better than anyone in the top 9 though, so why should he get that shot?

 

I agree that if injuries occur then maybe he could get a shot.

I suggested Motte get shifts in the top 9 because of his play to date and the need to know how he would perform. He drives play and has a good chance of still being with the team in 2-3 years when they are CUP contenders. IMHO Sutter, Erickson and maybe Roussel won't be. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I wasn't knocking you. It was just one of those things in this thread that was ridiculous from the side that wanted to point out anything bad about Tryamkin without any knowledge about it. Almost an inside joke of this thread if you will.

Fair enough! I'm actually surprised he's still playing, I thought he was a bit older for some reason 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Fair enough! I'm actually surprised he's still playing, I thought he was a bit older for some reason 

Well he has been around a while, he would be the oldest player on our team (beating out Eriksson and Beagle by months). If you think Edler has been here a long time, he's older than Edler by a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting pretty excited hoping Tryamkin can join us near March! He's going into his prime at 25 and I would love to see him on our team again! Canucks can't mess this up and hopefully Tryamkin has matured over the last 3 years. I know it all depends on play, but from what I saw from Tryamkin when he was here is he wasn't a liability out there. My guess is he has only gotten better since then. So when/if he comes over the Canucks absolutely cannot make him the 6/7th D and play him like 10 mins a night. They have to give him prime opportunity to succeed and in my opinion that is playing next to Quinn Hughes. Since Tanev is likely gone (will command 5+ if he stays healthy all season on a 3-4 year deal, which we can't afford). I'd like to these pairings the day Tryamkin comes over. 

 

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tryamkin

Benn-Tanev 

 

 

Edit - Should add Stecher traded at deadline. Bring Rafferty up until Tryamkin comes over.

Edited by Outsiders
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 4:17 PM, SilentSam said:

Avtomobilist won today :picard:

Heres the current standing for their Div. 
top 4 enter playoffs, aprox 20 games remaining.

 

 

302E0CC7-A43D-401F-AC36-F755F081CF4B.png

93D513E4-5459-4000-80D3-FCFF28555C3D.png

If they play MMG they'll get swept in 4. MMG manhandled them last game. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of me wants Tryamkin to come here as soon as possible, the other part wants Tryamkin to do well and maybe even hopefully win it all. Perhaps it would be more closure for him to leave the KHL for another challenge.

 

The earlier he joins us allows us to assess him longer, but if he joins us later, perhaps we don't even need to protect him for the expansion which allows us to protect further assets. Also gives him the summer to adjust his family here before getting back to the grind.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

 

Let’s all have a good read,  it seems there is possibly loopholes (games played prior to the draft) that could be played within. But by the time we get to the draft, many may D men may not be worthy of protecting other than the possibilities of Myers, Hughes , Joulevi and or Tryamkin.

Edlers Contract will be ending.. Tanev, Benn, Stetcher,  Fantenburg?  

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918 

 

  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Let’s all have a good read,  it seems there is possibly loopholes (games played prior to the draft) that could be played within. But by the time we get to the draft, many may D men may not be worthy of protecting other than the possibilities of Myers, Hughes , Joulevi and or Tryamkin.

Edlers Contract will be ending.. Tanev, Benn, Stetcher,  Fantenburg?  

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918 

 

Do the 13 games he played in 2015/16 count as a pro season? if no, then he should only have two professional NHL seasons after the end of next year. 

 

I suspect the 13 games do not, because cap friendly has Nik on the list of players not needing protection from Seattle. They say they include players eligible or "projected to be eligible". https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Do the 13 games he played in 2015/16 count as a pro season? if no, then he should only have two professional NHL seasons after the end of next year. 

 

I suspect the 13 games do not, because cap friendly has Nik on the list of players not needing protection from Seattle. They say they include players eligible or "projected to be eligible". https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

I side with yo7 on that one Jimmy,   I think he is exempt.  

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal hope for Tryamkin is this:

 

Let him finish the year in the KHL, we have depth on D in the NHL and may want to give Rafferty a cup of tea this season for his good year in Utica. If we bring NT over this spring and don't play him much or sit him it may back fire on us if we want him to stay. Russains can be finicky about ice time or may feel entitled as they have the KHL to run back home and play in.

 

I prefer the see NT come to Vancouver at the tail end of summer and get lots of practice in with our team and coaching/training staff. Give him lots of opportunity to play in training camp and pre season and see how he does. If he plays well he will EARN his spot in the top 6 and gain more ice time as Green sees where he fits and utilize him accordingly.

 

I want to see Nikita succeed with us, but we need to make sure he plays when he comes over

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...