The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

1st unit PK, has been trained as a defensive stay at home defenseman. A team first guy who wins nearly all his board battles.And can still rag doll most 6'  200 lb forwards. Clears the crease well and has a killer extra long poke check. Skates well for a big man.

At the right price a player the Canucks can definitely use and currently need.  Would really help round things out on the D core.  Add Rafferty to the mix and this core could be really good.  Juolevi would be a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Very nice to see. So it should be at least one more page in the thread before we see again the usual, "everyone knows he hates our team and city, d'uh, move on, he's like an old ex, ain't coming back."

I would say the only concern I have is that he is using us as a negotiating tool, but he really wants to stay in the KHL.

I know all the signs suggesting that he would return, but that's the only worry I have.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I would say the only concern I have is that he is using us as a negotiating tool, but he really wants to stay in the KHL.

I know all the signs suggesting that he would return, but that's the only worry I have.

They couldn't match his projected NHL salary. They also cannot match his desire to play in the best league in the world. 

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They couldn't match his projected NHL salary. They also cannot match his desire to play in the best league in the world. 

His current team cannot match it, but doesn't mean another team couldn't. I must've missed the talk of him wanting to play in the best league in the world.

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

His current team cannot match it, but doesn't mean another team couldn't. I must've missed the talk of him wanting to play in the best league in the world.

Tree either plays in his hometown, where Avto plays, or he’s over here.  I still think the choice of staying home, or coming here is up to his young wife. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Tree either plays in his hometown, where Avto plays, or he’s over here.  I still think the choice of staying home, or coming here is up to his young wife. 

Has it been that clear cut? If he (and his wife) are willing to move all the way out here, why isn't moving to another part of their home country out of the question (where his young wife might be more comfortable and to a team that can pay him)?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Has it been that clear cut? If he (and his wife) are willing to move all the way out here, why isn't moving to another part of their home country out of the question (where his young wife might be more comfortable and to a team that can pay him)?

Your suggestion makes good sense, but IMO Tree wants to play in the best league, so he can match up with the other great Russian players.  That rules out Russia.  His young wife wants to stay home in Avto.  If they leave their hometown, it’s to come here.  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

KHL has about a USD $14 million salary cap. Tree is likely to sign with the Canucks for somewhere close to a quarter of that. KHL teams have big rosters and can't afford to pay him anywhere close to what an NHL team can pay.

• Cheers 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:52 AM, Borvat said:

At the right price a player the Canucks can definitely use and currently need.  Would really help round things out on the D core.  Add Rafferty to the mix and this core could be really good.  Juolevi would be a bonus.

People keep talking about "oh, Rafferty is coming up, we can trade Tanev" but Rafferty doesn't replace what Tanev brings. Tryamkin isn't the same player to Tanev either (they do things markedly differently) but he absolutely can fill that defensive hole that moving Tanev would leave.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, theo5789 said:

He is loyal to his hometown Yetkatinburgh he won't play any where else.