The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

59 minutes ago, HK Phooey said:

I'm thinking Tryamkin would be better on the smaller NHL ice surface than on the wider/bigger International ice surface.  I'd be all for fast tracking him into the NHL this season if he does come over after his KHL season is over.  What's there to lose?

If one assumes he'd have some adjustment period and he isn't going to make the Canucks instantly a good team, I'd question whether it's worth burning a year off his elc.

1 minute ago, tyhee said:

If one assumes he'd have some adjustment period and he isn't going to make the Canucks instantly a good team, I'd question whether it's worth burning a year off his elc.

I am going to assume that you prefer the Canucks wait til next season so to benefit from a full season of year of his ELC...fair position to take.  I'm of the opinion that a player coming into the NHL as a 22 year old (whether as a college grad or European player), that first year of the ELC is not that big of a deal, as long as you get the player to sign a three year ELC.  This way, you will get at least one year on the players ELC+1 contract at a relatively low cap hit (unless you're Kevin Lowe/Craig McTavish who gave ridiculous ELC + 1 contracts to their players).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

But he doesn't, so no it doesn't. It's just a game where he was either injured or rested.

Do you know for a fact, or are you just saying that.

All I was asking was what was up with him. Don't have an answer, don't respond. No need to be pissy about it.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

All I was asking was what was up with him. Don't have an answer, don't respond. No need to be pissy about it.

From what I've found online he is injured. Not sure how serious though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

That's what I was wondering. I don't know of any site that lists KHL contracts.

Maybe he does.

maybe he moonlights on the russian version of TOR, which is identical to US TOR except theres no trading of homosexual services and all illegal transactions are attributed to chechnyans.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm hoping that Tryamkin comes over to Van next season. Not sure if he has an out clause to the NHL, though. 

his contract will have expired by next season so no worries there.  I just hope he is willing to report to Utica once his KHL season is over.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, wshdrvvn said:

his contract will have expired by next season so no worries there.  I just hope he is willing to report to Utica once his KHL season is over.

If he's more concerned about his development than money, yes. If not, he'll likely be back in the KHL if he doesn't make the big club.

2 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

If he's more concerned about his development than money, yes. If not, he'll likely be back in the KHL if he doesn't make the big club.

I think theres very little chance that he'd report to the AHL. Tryamkin stated last summer that he isnt in a rush to make the jump over to North America and would be open to resigning in the KHL. What we could do, and probably have to do, is something along the lines of what Chicago did with Panarin: offer a bonus laden entry level deal and an out clause that allows him to go back to the KHL for the rest of the season if he doesn't make the Canucks roster . 

Just now, Robongo said:

I think theres very little chance that he'd report to the AHL. Tryamkin stated last summer that he isnt in a rush to make the jump over to North America and would be open to resigning in the KHL. What we could do, and probably have to do, is something along the lines of what Chicago did with Panarin: offer a bonus laden entry level deal and an out clause that allows him to go back to the KHL for the rest of the season if he doesn't make the Canucks roster . 

That's what I think will happen too.

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It's a pretty safe assumption: only marquee players would typically have that clause, we've had plenty of time to hear if he did have anything like that and he's said he wants to honour the contract in the KHL.

13 hours ago, Gyllenhaal said:

From what I've found online he is injured. Not sure how serious though.

Clearly the more plausible explanation than him having an out clause and the Canucks bringing him over before his KHL season is done.

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Clearly the more plausible explanation than him having an out clause and the Canucks bringing him over before his KHL season is done.

This is CDC.  We don't like to accept plausible.  I think he's on a plane right now!  Yippee!!!!!!  Where are my pills?:lol:

5 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Could also just be sick FWIW. Players miss games. It happens. 

Eeesh people freak out around here so easily :lol: