The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

Could also just be sick FWIW. Players miss games. It happens. 

Eeesh people freak out around here so easily :lol:

"GUYZ, HE MUST BE COMIN OVER TO BE OUR CHARA!!1!!!!!1111!1!!!!!!11!!!!!kopitarz!11!!1!!!!!"

Alright, back on track...

13 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

"GUYZ, HE MUST BE COMIN OVER TO BE OUR CHARA!!1!!!!!1111!1!!!!!!11!!!!!kopitarz!11!!1!!!!!"

Alright, back on track...

Actually you're the one that jumped to the freaking out level.

I simply asked if anyone knew why he didn't play, and then in a separate thought said that I bet the Canucks will look into bringing him over this season.

But go ahead and overreact at someone who wasn't even overreacting...:lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

JB's been looking for his Chara since he got here, and expectation for Nikita at the draft was 2 years.  With Tree-Mackin's improvement this year he is no doubt exploring whatever avenues are available to get him here.

I hope you are right and JB is actually in contact with Nikita - Davos after Christmas was a nice place to meet and talk...

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Actually you're the one that jumped to the freaking out level.

I simply asked if anyone knew why he didn't play, and then in a separate thought said that I bet the Canucks will look into bringing him over this season.

But go ahead and overreact at someone who wasn't even overreacting...:lol:

Clearly a joke with the all caps, but nice try on the save. You insinuated him sitting out was the Canucks trying to bring him over this season, which is a negligible chance at best before his season is done.

I've been trying to find some kind of information that might offer some insight into what kind of money Tryamkin might be making with his Club, Avtomobolist, in the KHL.  .. And have only been able to find this, it's dated back a couple of years, and you'll see the money in the KHL is not what one might think.   And to know that presently 1 USD = 76 Russian Rubbles is interesting.

i believe the following chart for KHL Teams is in USD.

http://hockey-blog-in-canada.blogspot.ca/2013/09/serious-money-differences.html

perhaps an entry level contract in the NHL for Tryamkin, Looks better to him than some think.

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I've been trying to find some kind of information that might offer some insight into what kind of money Tryamkin might be making with his Club, Avtomobolist, in the KHL.  .. And have only been able to find this, it's dated back a couple of years, and you'll see the money in the KHL is not what one might think.   And to know that presently 1 USD = 76 Russian Rubbles is interesting.

i believe the following chart for KHL Teams is in USD.

http://hockey-blog-in-canada.blogspot.ca/2013/09/serious-money-differences.html

perhaps an entry level contract in the NHL for Tryamkin, Looks better to him than some think.

KHL teams are built on 200-600k contracts, better than AHL, and then the rich teams sign their 1 or 2 big names. not like NHL where the average is 2.5m

1 hour ago, Edlerberry said:

KHL teams are built on 200-600k contracts, better than AHL, and then the rich teams sign their 1 or 2 big names. not like NHL where the average is 2.5m

At the time that that link was written,  Rubbles were 33 - 1USD.   RIght now, the Rubble is 76 - 1USD..  see what I'm getting at?

And if your paid USD in North America,.. which your not in the KHL,  even more Rubbles when you go home.

Hey, just tryin to find positive reasons for NT to get on a plane ;) 

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

At the time that that link was written,  Rubbles were 33 - 1USD.   RIght now, the Rubble is 76 - 1USD..  see what I'm getting at?

And if your paid USD in North America,.. which your not in the KHL,  even more Rubbles when you go home.

Hey, just tryin to find positive reasons for NT to get on a plane ;) 

ya he did say he wanted to come over after 2 years so thats this summer

I just hope after he's done in the K, he can come over and play on Utica for even a couple weeks just so we can get a better idea of what he's capable of, especially on the smaller ice. Guy's almost got enough wingspan to just block off the entire blue line :lol:

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I just hope after he's done in the K, he can come over and play on Utica for even a couple weeks just so we can get a better idea of what he's capable of, especially on the smaller ice. Guy's almost got enough wingspan to just block off the entire blue line :lol:

Skates fantastic for a man that size, and his take off speed is not slow. Im sure if he got to Utica, he would prove to be essential for our needs. Might be the best move he made was starting in the KHL,.  Gave him the room to work on his skating,. The small ice here, may have hindered that development for him.

ps see his team is 4 points out of a playoff spot right now.

Edited by SilentSam

6 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

It'd likely really help him to get used to the NA ice if he does want to push for a spot next season. Even practising with Utica would give him a better sense of where he needs to be and make it easier to sign him.

We could sign him and send him down for... Konditioning :P