The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

The average CDCer is probably 20-40.... many were youngsters who were crushed when Pavel Bure left town.  That hatred is embedded in many, that they hold a negative bias to Russian players in general.  

I think Krutov being as bad as he was and loosing Igor because of having to pay the Russian Hockey Federation another transfer fee in order to sign him.  :)

4 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah, thanks; I checked the standings and you are right; Avto would pretty much have to fall apart over the next 4 weeks.

I guess the next hope would be an early exit from the first round.

Avto just lost their number one goalie a couple games ago. Today they let in 5 goals, they did win. But without Kovar I  don't see them faring well in the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Regarding Russians, I think it's because some former NHL players, such as Kovalchuk, Yashin, Radulov, Tryamkin, etc bolt back to the Motherland when they don't get their way in NA. Or else they turn into Nail Yakupov.  I think we've got a good one in Podkolzin though. He seems very motivated to play for the Canucks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

The average CDCer is probably 20-40.... many were youngsters who were crushed when Pavel Bure left town.  That hatred is embedded in many, that they hold a negative bias to Russian players in general.  

Maybe. But I think those of us who remember watching Bure and Larionov as Canucks are fine with Russians. When Bure left it was because he felt he got shafted out of a whole year's pay. His agent had screwed up.

And when the Professor left it was because if he stayed with the Canucks, half of his pay went to the Russians, while if he played for any other team, that was not the case. 

I really dont don't think any reasonable person would blame them for their choices

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Regarding Russians, I think it's because some former NHL players, such as Kovalchuk, Yashin, Radulov, Tryamkin, etc bolt back to the Motherland when they don't get their way in NA. Or else they turn into Nail Yakupov.  I think we've got a good one in Podkolzin though. He seems very motivated to play for the Canucks.

How about Russians like Ovechkin, Malkin, Panarin, Gonchar, Kovalev, etc?

Is anyone hating on Swedes because Dahlen went back? Or on Finns because Palmu went back? How about good Canadian kids like Vey bolting to the KHL rather than sticking it out in the minors here?

People have different personalities and reasons for their choices. Seems unreasonable to clump Russians into this sole thinking.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

People crushed by this should be more upset with that management (or his agent) rather than Bure or Russians in general. It was a contract problem, not a player problem.

If anything Bure likely has set a "standard" for Russians and the expectations for every Russian to be at this level leads to disappointment and thus not being good enough. Our drafting success with Russians could also be more attributed to scouting and development as much as it is on Russian players.

In the Podkolzin thread, it went as far as people complaining about his development there, yet they have developed some of the best NHLers in the game. Some are duds, but so are many of the players from "local" leagues.

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

6 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah, thanks; I checked the standings and you are right; Avto would pretty much have to fall apart over the next 4 weeks.

@Hairy Kneel just reported that Avto just lost their only real goaltender for the rest of the season..  I think that might do it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

500,000 subs says otherwise, not to mention they have pretty well all the best sports writers. Especially in Vancouver

Like botch?

Hold on let me get you the exact number of the score subscribers. And tsn. And sportsnet. And CBC sports.

12 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Like botch?

Hold on let me get you the exact number of the score subscribers. And tsn. And sportsnet. And CBC sports.

First of all, Rest in peace.

But no, like Harman Dayal(best Canucks journalist), Craig Custance, Dom Luszczyszyn, Corey Pronman, Scott Wheeler, Pierre Lebrun, Scott Cruickshank, Thomas Drance.

All these guys put out great, and informative articles, and interviews.

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

First of all, Rest in peace.

But no, like Harman Dayal(best Canucks journalist), Craig Custance, Dom Luszczyszyn, Corey Pronman, Scott Wheeler, Pierre Lebrun, Scott Cruickshank, Thomas Drance.

All these guys put out great, and informative articles, and interviews.

Pierre lebrun is probably the best on your little list. And hes just a tsn layoff lol.

11 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yes, ideally with Tram being absolutely heroic in a losing cause. And getting all fired up to play some more this season.

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, ideally with Tram being absolutely heroic in a losing cause. And getting all fired up to play some more this season.

Kovar their true number one goalie got hurt three games ago. Doesn't look like he's coming back anytime soon. 

Their other goalies are not that good. I see an early exit if when they make the playoffs. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Hydration 2

19 hours ago, peaches5 said:

They've made racism subjective based on these new combined definitions. It's like you have to step back gather information and determine just what exactly the person(s) are saying is racist. If you argue then you just get screamed at that words evolve. They use the word because they know how powerful it is. It's losing its meaning because of it.

I was originally using the term with a dose of irony. Racism is a form of collectivism - regarding an individual primarily in terms of one of the ‘collectives’ to which he belongs. More specifically, in this case it is a form of tribalism.

20 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Actually. Harman Dayal or Drance, or Pronman, I'd say. Though Lebrun is no slouch himself

Don;t mind when people link their articles but I would never pay for the publication, I am too cheap to sign up for Spotify Premium.