Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Neither Tanev nor Stecher are getting traded this season.  We have a chance to win the division and actually not just make the playoffs but do some damage as well.  We are 14-4 in our last 18 games.  I don’t think we’ve had this much success since 2012.  We aren’t going to trade anybody on the roster.  Most likely we will stand pat and wait for Ferland and Leivo to come back to add to our depth.  We don’t have the cap space to add another player.

 

In regards to Tryamkin, if he comes it would be in March and he would add to our defensive depth.  I don’t think he’s going to replace any of our starters in the beginning, but come playoff time he could be a great option on the 3rd pairing.  

I read somewhere that if everybody comes back ( gets healthy ) we will be over the cap and have to waive someone anyway...they suggested Motte and Lievo...

I don't think we trade a D. at the deadline but Benn could go and Schaller probably should go so that we get something for him maybe Motte as well and play Big Mac or Bailey

 

I am still hoping they can get Erikkson going enough to sneak him into a deal with ...say Benn and Schaller ...we take on some of Erikkson's salary and get a pick and a prospect....Louie just has to start scoring...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I read somewhere that if everybody comes back ( gets healthy ) we will be over the cap and have to waive someone anyway...they suggested Motte and Lievo...

I don't think we trade a D. at the deadline but Benn could go and Schaller probably should go so that we get something for him maybe Motte as well and play Big Mac or Bailey

 

I am still hoping they can get Erikkson going enough to sneak him into a deal with ...say Benn and Schaller ...we take on some of Erikkson's salary and get a pick and a prospect....Louie just has to start scoring...

I don't think Motte should be dealt. Dudes a 4th line staple that's is only turning 25 this year like Bo.

 

Schaller will probably be gone and I see us trying to move Baer and maybe Sutter(if we are completely healthy). Might not be able to move Baer/Sutter till next year though. I only see Benn going if we have confirmation that Tryamkin is coming back, otherwise keep him in case of injury.

 

Want I want to see is us send some of our bad contracts to ANA who said they'd take them for some assets(picks/prospects) and try to pry a player out of there. I am completely fine with giving up a lot of picks if we got rid of Eriksson and one of Baer/Sutter and got a guy like Rakell back but he might cost an arm and a leg probably.

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are overestimating where this team is at. The Pacific division is weak this year and thats one of the main reasons the Canucks are where they are currently. The only other two reason are because of our stellar goaltending and young guns stepping up and progressing. One could argue our depth is also better this year, but thats only due to Benning's stellar drafting recently increasing internal competition.

 

Can any fans truly say that they think this team can win a seven game series against Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston, Tampa, St Louis or Colorado? This team has gone 50 years without a cup because they are happy with patch work and not the pain of truly building a contender. Give this team time to acquire and grow its young stars while moving on from the old regime.

 

Also out of all the UFA etc. talk has anyone heard Benning say he plans on resigning Tanev or at least declining the idea of trading him? Because, I sure have heard him be very vocal on what he wants to do during UFA years such as resigning Edler, Markstrom etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I think people are overestimating where this team is at. The Pacific division is weak this year and thats one of the main reasons the Canucks are where they are currently. The only other two reason are because of our stellar goaltending and young guns stepping up and progressing. One could argue our depth is also better this year, but thats only due to Benning's stellar drafting recently increasing internal competition.

 

Can any fans truly say that they think this team can win a seven game series against Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston, Tampa, St Louis or Colorado? This team has gone 50 years without a cup because they are happy with patch work and not the pain of truly building a contender. Give this team time to acquire and grow its young stars while moving on from the old regime.

 

Also out of all the UFA etc. talk has anyone heard Benning say he plans on resigning Tanev or at least declining the idea of trading him? Because, I sure have heard him be very vocal on what he wants to do during UFA years such as resigning Edler, Markstrom etc.

If we make it that far this year, with this young of a team, I don't think anyone would be complaining.

 

That said playoffs have been the narrative this year. Do you think Benning is gonna change that? He's said, Green has said and even Horvat has said that getting this team into the playoffs and getting that sort of experience would be huge for a team that is this young. That's the goal and it has always been the goal since the start of the year. They are thinking long-term by wanting to get that experience and create a winning culture. We aren't a top team so we really can't afford to get rid of anyone. The pacific is tight, all the teams are pretty even with each other and don't you think that some of them might want to look to improve at the deadline? Making our team worse would look a lot worse if other teams looked to add and did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think Motte should be dealt. Dudes a 4th line staple that's is only turning 25 this year like Bo.

 

Schaller will probably be gone and I see us trying to move Baer and maybe Sutter(if we are completely healthy). Might not be able to move Baer/Sutter till next year though. I only see Benn going if we have confirmation that Tryamkin is coming back, otherwise keep him in case of injury.

 

Want I want to see is us send some of our bad contracts to ANA who said they'd take them for some assets(picks/prospects) and try to pry a player out of there. I am completely fine with giving up a lot of picks if we got rid of Eriksson and one of Baer/Sutter and got a guy like Rakell back but he might cost an arm and a leg probably.

Yeah Motte is pretty far down this list of potential players to trade IMO.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we make it that far this year, with this young of a team, I don't think anyone would be complaining.

 

That said playoffs have been the narrative this year. Do you think Benning is gonna change that? He's said, Green has said and even Horvat has said that getting this team into the playoffs and getting that sort of experience would be huge for a team that is this young. That's the goal and it has always been the goal since the start of the year. They are thinking long-term by wanting to get that experience and create a winning culture. We aren't a top team so we really can't afford to get rid of anyone. The pacific is tight, all the teams are pretty even with each other and don't you think that some of them might want to look to improve at the deadline? Making our team worse would look a lot worse if other teams looked to add and did.

Agree to disagree. I see a 1st as more likely to get us a cup then Tanev this year. But, thats the great thing about hockey and the future. Anything can happen

 

Edit: Ill add that I think this team can do just as well (or very close to) without Tanev as it is now

Edited by RetroCanuck
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I think people are overestimating where this team is at. The Pacific division is weak this year and thats one of the main reasons the Canucks are where they are currently. The only other two reason are because of our stellar goaltending and young guns stepping up and progressing. One could argue our depth is also better this year, but thats only due to Benning's stellar drafting recently increasing internal competition.

 

Can any fans truly say that they think this team can win a seven game series against Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston, Tampa, St Louis or Colorado? This team has gone 50 years without a cup because they are happy with patch work and not the pain of truly building a contender. Give this team time to acquire and grow its young stars while moving on from the old regime.

 

Also out of all the UFA etc. talk has anyone heard Benning say he plans on resigning Tanev or at least declining the idea of trading him? Because, I sure have heard him be very vocal on what he wants to do during UFA years such as resigning Edler, Markstrom etc.

it is?  How so?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

I think people are overestimating where this team is at. The Pacific division is weak this year and thats one of the main reasons the Canucks are where they are currently. The only other two reason are because of our stellar goaltending and young guns stepping up and progressing. One could argue our depth is also better this year, but thats only due to Benning's stellar drafting recently increasing internal competition.

 

Can any fans truly say that they think this team can win a seven game series against Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston, Tampa, St Louis or Colorado? This team has gone 50 years without a cup because they are happy with patch work and not the pain of truly building a contender. Give this team time to acquire and grow its young stars while moving on from the old regime.

 

Also out of all the UFA etc. talk has anyone heard Benning say he plans on resigning Tanev or at least declining the idea of trading him? Because, I sure have heard him be very vocal on what he wants to do during UFA years such as resigning Edler, Markstrom etc.

Ya we are in a crap division but we should not trade tanev. Even if we don't have a team to go far, even reaching the playoffs (2nd round would be sick) would be absolutely amazing for our young guys development. 

 

Ya we have have had stellar goaltending, because our goalies are that good. You are talking like our success is just luck, it really isn't, we are a playoff team and we need to get in to see what it takes to go far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Ya we are in a crap division but we should not trade tanev. Even if we don't have a team to go far, even reaching the playoffs (2nd round would be sick) would be absolutely amazing for our young guys development. 

 

Ya we have have had stellar goaltending, because our goalies are that good. You are talking like our success is just luck, it really isn't, we are a playoff team and we need to get in to see what it takes to go far.

Do you think not having Tanev takes us out of the playoff picture? Because if our depth is so poor Id not want to gamble on Tanev's health to get us into the playoffs.

 

Edit: I also don't think this team is playoff competitive because of luck. As I outlined with my 2nd last post. I just believe moving on from expiring UFA's helps this teams future more then using them in their last year. 

 

Is Benn, Tyamkin or Rafferty (or Chatfield) such a downgrade from Tanev that we will miss the playoffs and lose that experience you refer too?

Edited by RetroCanuck
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Do you think not having Tanev takes us out of the playoff picture? Because if our depth is so poor Id not want to gamble on Tanev's health to get us into the playoffs.

He's a difference maker for sure. We aren't just gambling on one person, it's the whole team. He's an integral part of this team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Do you think not having Tanev takes us out of the playoff picture? Because if our depth is so poor Id not want to gamble on Tanev's health to get us into the playoffs.

 

Edit: I also don't think this team is playoff competitive because of luck. As I outlined with my 2nd last post. I just believe moving on from expiring UFA's helps this teams future more then using them in their last year. 

 

Is Benn, Tyamkin or Rafferty (or Chatfield) such a downgrade from Tanev that we will miss the playoffs and lose that experience you refer too?

It sounds to me that you are constructing arguments from both sides in order to justify your trade Tanev viewpoint. On the one hand you say things like, and I'm paraphrasing, "we aren't going to make the playoffs without him, so why bother? Trade him for picks." On the other hand, you suggest that our depth may be enough to cover his worth regardless. Which is it that you believe? You also seem determined that Tanev won't be re-signed, which you really have no idea about whether that is going to happen or not. 

 

I think most people here, and the Canucks organization themselves, believe that playoff experience is more valuable than an additional pick at this point in time. Tanev, and hopefully Tryamkin, will be a big part of that experience. Team Tank is over for the next decade, so you might as well move it to the trade/proposals section. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I feel the pacific being weak bit is a bit overblown tbh. We've got five divisional teams very much in the mix for five of the eight western spots. Five teams within six points. When I look out east I see a few premier squads with a pile of points at the expense of the bottom rung of the east.

 

Those outside the playoff bar out west currently have 56, 56, 55, 52, 48, 47, and 43 respectively. Those out east have 63, 61, 55, 54, 53, 46, 45, and 28 respectively. What I gather from this is that teams out east are beating up on teams closer to the bottom, while out west there's more parity and things are more competitive. There are six teams out east with 64 points or more, there are only two out west and we're one of them.

 

If anything this might speak to the east being stronger than the west this season, not the pacific being weak. Chicago, Winnipeg, and Nashville aren't far out but as of right now they're outside the bar. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Honestly, I feel the pacific being weak bit is a bit overblown tbh. We've got five divisional teams very much in the mix for five of the eight western spots. Five teams within six points. When I look out east I see a few premier squads with a pile of points at the expense of the bottom rung of the east.

 

Those outside the playoff bar out west currently have 56, 56, 55, 52, 48, 47, and 43 respectively. Those out east have 63, 61, 55, 54, 53, 46, 45, and 28 respectively. What I gather from this is that teams out east are beating up on teams closer to the bottom, while out west there's more parity and things are more competitive. There are six teams out east with 64 points or more, there are only two out west and we're one of them.

 

If anything this might speak to the east being stronger than the west this season, not the pacific being weak. Chicago, Winnipeg, and Nashville aren't far out but as of right now they're outside the bar. 

Wow. Detroit sucks.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Wow. Detroit sucks.

I feel for their fans, I know they had a crazy string of playoff seasons but what a fall off. It'll be interesting to see if Yzerman can piece them back together. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I feel for their fans, I know they had a crazy string of playoff seasons but what a fall off. It'll be interesting to see if Yzerman can piece them back together. 

Don’t feel bad for them they won’t be bad for long.

 

If they land Lafreniere or Byfield they’ll be adding to an already solid young core of Larkin, Bertuzzi, Hronek, Mantha, Zadina, Seider, Fabbri, Veleno, Rasmussen, Cholowski.

 

They’re ripe with high end talent they just need the right coach in place to help develop their next core.

 

There are a lot of teams in much worse positions.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously. We’re April, Tryamkin signs and comes back. Say the defence then is as it stands today:

 

EDLER - STETCHER

HUGHES - TANEV

FANTENBERG - MYERS

Benn

 

Where does he fit?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Seriously. We’re April, Tryamkin signs and comes back. Say the defence then is as it stands today:

 

EDLER - STETCHER

HUGHES - TANEV

FANTENBERG - MYERS

Benn

 

Where does he fit?

 

 

 

Tryamkin > Stecher, Fatenberg, & Benn

 

At one point people wanted to hold onto Lack more than Markstrom. Let's not let familiarity blind us from truth.

Edited by Slegr
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Seriously. We’re April, Tryamkin signs and comes back. Say the defence then is as it stands today:

 

EDLER - STETCHER

HUGHES - TANEV

FANTENBERG - MYERS

Benn

 

Where does he fit?

 

 

If the team is rolling, then that's the D group we roll with. Tryamkin is good depth and roster limits will be lifted come April. We get an injury or need a spark, I'd much rather have Tryamkin than no Tryamkin. Especially if we face a heavy team, then he could replace Stecher.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...