The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

...and drastically reduce the chance of going deep into true playoffs in this most interestingly improved team I’ve seen in years.

When I saw Tanev crash into Hertl and NOT get injured, I felt we may have finally turned the corner with Tanev. Instead, Hertl got injured.

Tanev seems fresh out there due to depth. The playoffs are going to be tough. A Canucks team with Tanev on it is a much better team than a team without Tanev on it.

However, due diligence dictates that the organization asks what Tanev’s plans are. If it is to bolt at the end of the season, that’s a discussion that could lead to a draft deadline deal. But in light of the current standings, if he were to be asked if he wanted to stay and said yes, you re-sign him.

Bringing in Myers really stabilized the D. Hughes is running circles around everyone and Tanev is the perfect partner for him. 

Bringing in Tryamkin would just further keep the other defensemen even fresher as he can take a good chunk of animosity away from others.

Another aspect of bringing in Tryamkin is that he wouldn’t cost anything in terms of trades Benning would be making at the trade deadline.

How much would a 6’7” Nasty D would cost to acquire? And really, who would that be?

I. would love. to see what Tryamkin does in the playoffs where whistles are put away.

One would think that talks are happening in Tanevs camp..  Benning needs to get a feel for this.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Unless his presence has a negative impact on team chemistry.  Go with the guys have got us to this point.

Jamie Benn is not forgotten and is an NHL defensemen 

BFG needs to earn his spot in Sept Oct like everyone else  did, IMHO 

I assume you mean Jordie. Jamie I'm sure hasn't forgotten about BFG though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, the grinder said:

well if we weren't in a playoff hunt I would trade Tanev in a instant  but a playoff spot is way more important to this team right now than a 2 nd round pick, . Tanev  just does so many lil things  pk, blocking shots   feeding the rookies  and letting hughes play his game , he is just too valuable right now  , If you wanna dump someone  trade stecher  he isn't going to be worth the money to resign  and way easier to replace 

Stetcher is a tougher body for playoffs than Tanev.. Tanev will be targeted ..

im not the only one whose seen this movie.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

We have been down that road...during the years that our team had been bottom feeders, so hard to say we fared well. Healthy this year (knock on wood) and look where we are now? 

Not saying it's a direct correlation, but it certainly helps to have Tanev than to not have him.

I'm not the one suggesting that we aren't winning the Cup with Tanev. I think he gives us the best team moving forward. Tanev isn't some insignificant piece to our team, so if we aren't winning with him, we certainly downgrade our chances to win without him.

At the start of the season, I expected us to either just sneak into the playoffs or possibly just miss it. They are further ahead than I thought. I'd like to see where this team can go and sounds like Benning agrees. Tanev is one player, but he's also a top 4 dman that takes a lot of the actual defensive responsibilities and has helped contribute towards getting Hughes to where he is today (Hughes gave him high praise at the start of the season about how smart of a player he is). He may or may not get hurt, but we are a better team with him in the lineup.

Hughes' arrival has been greatly contributed by Tanev. Hughes may have found his own legs already, but they have good chemistry together. Hughes is the young kid, usually they are insulated by the veteran. They have both benefitted from each other.

Tanev is very much part of the team. It's naive to think that Tanev does not have a significant impact to this current team.

I never said we would get a lottery pick. Not sure where you got that from. Who would be trading for him? Certainly not non playoff teams. Tanev might fetch something like a 3rd that climbs based on team performance and if he re-signs with them. The playoff experience with him in the lineup for the young core (to give us the best team heading into the playoffs) is going to outweigh whatever pick where the odds aren't even high that they will pan out.

Theo..  your over analyzing this...

Tanev has been light and brittle for ever..

a pretzel is only a pretzel.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Theo..  your over analyzing this...

Tanev has been light and brittle for ever..

a pretzel is only a pretzel.

What am I overanalyzing? The best team moving forward includes Tanev simple as that if anything in terms of depth.

You said yourself that Hughes is the reason why Tanev has been healthier this year. Why wouldn't that carry over into the playoffs? They can target Tanev all they want, that just opens up more room for Hughes to do his thing.

Who would've thought a top 4 dman is unnecessary for a playoff run?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

@SilentSamand I are on only ones that get it... lol 

I promise I'm not using two computers to agree with myself. Someone else thinks about the future too!

the future is the playoffs not in a 2nd round pick  or a prospect , we already have those  , and you aren't getting a first rounder for tanev  ,  so why not just keep  him for the playoffs , it make no sense to get rid of top 4 d man  when your in a playoff spot , hate to say it ,  your talking like a tanker  for picks 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ya tanev has had alot of injuries but I'd only be worried if they were different kids of injuries. I'd rather keep him for a playoff run and try to resign. It's not much of a gamble. We know he will put his body on the line every game, something we need desperately.

24 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Ya tanev has had alot of injuries but I'd only be worried if they were different kids of injuries. I'd rather keep him for a playoff run and try to resign. It's not much of a gamble. We know he will put his body on the line every game, something we need desperately.

Good point, aren't most of Tanevs injuries been historically from absorbing frozen rubber at high velocity? 

30 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Body bags are on sale at Wallmart..  bring em to the first round Cy.   ... and then live in hindsight..  

9 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Good point, aren't most of Tanevs injuries been historically from absorbing frozen rubber at high velocity? 

Injuries are injuries..   almost a full season of hockey for Tanev.

so where’s the analytic guys on this one?

This is Tanevs 6th full season of regular hockey with the Canucks, and he has played 406 games of a possible 898 games by the end of this season...  

seems to me the odds are greater than 50% on those numbers alone that he is injured before or in the playoffs..

if he is a great shot blocker,. I’m sure that stat goes up again..    Dejavu all over again.   

Its like when your mum said “don’t touch it it’s hot”,.   and you touch it anyway.    ....and you cry,  wondering why?

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

What am I overanalyzing? The best team moving forward includes Tanev simple as that if anything in terms of depth.

You said yourself that Hughes is the reason why Tanev has been healthier this year. Why wouldn't that carry over into the playoffs? They can target Tanev all they want, that just opens up more room for Hughes to do his thing.

Who would've thought a top 4 dman is unnecessary for a playoff run?

6 regular full seasons with the Canucks;

406 games played so far,  out of what is a possible 898 games played by the end of this season.

THIS speaks volume.   it’s the thin ice cracking below your feet..

Sounds like Byfuglien might be available by the end of the week..    wonder what the story behind the story is there.

Mutual contract termination.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

the future is the playoffs not in a 2nd round pick  or a prospect , we already have those  , and you aren't getting a first rounder for tanev  ,  so why not just keep  him for the playoffs , it make no sense to get rid of top 4 d man  when your in a playoff spot , hate to say it ,  your talking like a tanker  for picks 

I'm not sure how trading an asset to get one in return is tanking for picks? We aren't packing in the towel if Tanev goes lol. We aren't the Washington Capitals trading Carlson for picks at the deadline. We aren't winning the cup this year, lets give our future players a taste (Rafferty,Juolevi,Tryamkin). We are going to eventually win with them in the lineup not Tanev. Get the asset and hopefully that asset turns into an important piece. Lets try to put together the best team for Petey, Quinn and the team in their prime. Everyone here ripped Benning apart for trading picks all those years and especially giving one up for JT Miller. Now, he's going to trade for one and everyone is like "Jim your acquiring a pick WTF are you doing". Just because we get a pick, doesn't mean he can't use that pick to acquire another player. Picks are so valuable everyone claims. I seriously don't get this fan base. If it doesn't work, what hurt us? The fact we didn't have Tanev for 15 more games before he walks? 

Edited by Outsiders

47 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I'm not sure how trading an asset to get one in return is tanking for picks? We aren't packing in the towel if Tanev goes lol. We aren't the Washington Capitals trading Carlson for picks at the deadline. We aren't winning the cup this year, lets give our future players a taste (Rafferty,Juolevi,Tryamkin). We are going to eventually win with them in the lineup not Tanev. Get the asset and hopefully that asset turns into an important piece. Lets try to put together the best team for Petey, Quinn and the team in their prime. Everyone here ripped Benning apart for trading picks all those years and especially giving one up for JT Miller. Now, he's going to trade for one and everyone is like "Jim your acquiring a pick WTF are you doing". Just because we get a pick, doesn't mean he can't use that pick to acquire another player. Picks are so valuable everyone claims. I seriously don't get this fan base. If it doesn't work, what hurt us? The fact we didn't have Tanev for 15 more games before he walks? 

On paper we shouldn’t be the number 1 team in the pacific. The thing that makes us good is the chemistry and players in there appropriate roles. Tanev has been very solid with Hughes. They have great chemistry and work really well together. How do you think team chemistry will be affected if you trade away you’re superstars best partner. Who’s gonna fill in next to Hughes? Hughes is playing top pairing minutes, you can’t just throw in an average defencemen and not expect to get burned defensively. Also we traded our 1st for Miller, the higher we are in the standings the worse that pick becomes for Tampa. So yeah 15 games is worth it in my book.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Body bags are on sale at Wallmart..  bring em to the first round Cy.   ... and then live in hindsight..  

Injuries are injuries..   almost a full season of hockey for Tanev.

so where’s the analytic guys on this one?

This is Tanevs 6th full season of regular hockey with the Canucks, and he has played 406 games of a possible 898 games by the end of this season...  

seems to me the odds are greater than 50% on those numbers alone that he is injured before or in the playoffs..

if he is a great shot blocker,. I’m sure that stat goes up again..    Dejavu all over again.   

Its like when your mum said “don’t touch it it’s hot”,.   and you touch it anyway.    ....and you cry,  wondering why?

I like vodka too?.. what's your point exactly? what are you trying to say? spit it out man!

5 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

On paper we shouldn’t be the number 1 team in the pacific. The thing that makes us good is the chemistry and players in there appropriate roles. Tanev has been very solid with Hughes. They have great chemistry and work really well together. How do you think team chemistry will be affected if you trade away you’re superstars best partner. Who’s gonna fill in next to Hughes? Hughes is playing top pairing minutes, you can’t just throw in an average defencemen and not expect to get burned defensively. Also we traded our 1st for Miller, the higher we are in the standings the worse that pick becomes for Tampa. So yeah 15 games is worth it in my book.

Pretty much guarantee that JB isn't going to trade Tanev unless he thinks it will make the team better, then the question is what would that look like, the answer being, that is JB's job. Regardless of that we know JB has his sights set on Tryamkin because he has said just that.

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

6 regular full seasons with the Canucks;

406 games played so far,  out of what is a possible 898 games played by the end of this season.

THIS speaks volume.   it’s the thin ice cracking below your feet..

Sounds like Byfuglien might be available by the end of the week..    wonder what the story behind the story is there.

Mutual contract termination.   

So the solution is to bring in a 34 year old that played 42 games last season and zero games this season and hasn't skated this year according to reports rather than have a guy who's been healthy this year (knock on wood) has chemistry with the team, has good character and wants to win for this city....

You plan for the best team for the playoffs, you don't concern yourself with potential injuries. Should Pittsburgh be concerned with Crosby's concussion history, or Malkin being injured every year? Now I know you're going to say that Tanev is not at their level and I agree, but the point is Tanev makes our team better when he's in the lineup and that's all that is important especially with us heading potentially into the playoffs, no team downgrades in this situation.

If the opposition wants to focus in on him, then that opens up someone else on the team, let them chase. If Tanev gets hurt, then we have the said depth to cover for him. If it's not Tanev they target, it'll be someone else, like Stecher, should we move him too? Then they'll target Edler, then Hughes, etc.