The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Yes. He'll have to sign a contract of some sort - whether that's a tryout for the short term or he also signs a deal to stay next season - to play, but his current contract is over in the KHL once his team is eliminated from the playoffs.

30 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I could see Tryamkin signing a Professional Tryout contract with Utica at the end of the season... once his KHL season is over and then signing an entry level deal the following year with the hopes of him playing on the big club next season.

Why not just sign an entry level contract with the Canucks? If he needs more seasoning, to be developed further in the AHL. 

I think with his skating, he might be fine on the Canucks blueline. It's going to be a thin one next season. 

I expect Pedan, Tryamkin, Hutton, Hammer, Sbisa, Tanev, Edler and a free agent signing or two on defense. 

I am praying that Bartowski and Weber aren't back. 

12 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Why not just sign an entry level contract with the Canucks? If he needs more seasoning, to be developed further in the AHL. 

I think with his skating, he might be fine on the Canucks blueline. It's going to be a thin one next season. 

I expect Pedan, Tryamkin, Hutton, Hammer, Sbisa, Tanev, Edler and a free agent signing or two on defense. 

I am praying that Bartowski and Weber aren't back. 

If he does not make the NHL club, he would be better off on a KHL team than Utica, the KHL is a beeter league

22 minutes ago, smokes said:

If he does not make the NHL club, he would be better off on a KHL team than Utica, the KHL is a beeter league

I think his game is fantastic,. But now has to make the transition to the smaller ice surface if he wants to play in the NHL, . And he has said that he does.  This year might work out perfectly if his KHL club does NOT make the playoffs.. as he becomes free from his contract with them, and potentially, could still roll into the Utica line up before the Comets playoffs. 

He might appreciate getting paid in USD over Rubbles too :)

just 2 years ago 1 USD got you 33 Rubbles,.  Now 1 USD will get you aprx. 75 Rubbles..  I believe all contracts are converted to Rubbles, and paid in Rubbles when signed in the KHL.. I believe they DO NOT float the USD exchange rate.

Edited by SilentSam

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think his game is fantastic,. But now has to make the transition to the smaller ice surface if he wants to play in the NHL, . And he has said that he does.  This year might work out perfectly if his KHL club does NOT make the playoffs.. as he becomes free from his contract with them, and potentially, could still roll into the Utica line up before the Comets playoffs. 

just 2 years ago 1 USD got you 33 Rubbles,.  Now 1 USD will get you aprx. 75 Rubbles..  I believe all contracts are converted to Rubbles, and paid in Rubbles when signed in the KHL.. I believe they DO NOT float the USD exchange rate.

True, a lot of Canadians would probably appreciate getting paid in USD over CAD as well so I can see that.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I thought currency in KHL contracts were negotiable. When the oil crunch kicked in, in 2014 the KHL was hit hard as many teams had USA$ contracts and yet ownership revenue was rubles. It has only gotten worse.

The same situation has reoccurred in Canada as the Cdn$ continues to crash. Will Canadian teams continue to spend to CAP max's if the Cdn$ drops further. It reminds me of when the Nordiques and Jets left for the USa and the Oilers, Flames and Sens were close to leaving as well.  

13 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I thought currency in KHL contracts were negotiable. When the oil crunch kicked in, in 2014 the KHL was hit hard as many teams had USA$ contracts and yet ownership revenue was rubles. It has only gotten worse.

The same situation has reoccurred in Canada as the Cdn$ continues to crash. Will Canadian teams continue to spend to CAP max's if the Cdn$ drops further. It reminds me of when the Nordiques and Jets left for the USa and the Oilers, Flames and Sens were close to leaving as well.  

Pretty sure I read an article late last year in the Province newspaper that explained that if a player hypothetically speaking, signed a 3 year contract for 1m USD per year,. the conversion to Rubbles was immediate at the date of signing.. and that number of Rubbles never fluctuated with the money market to convert to the equal number of USD.

I could be wrong, and would like to be corrected if anyone knows more about this.

2 hours ago, mountainnuck said:

He was suffering ,I seem to recall Gaunce's leadership skills helped him to the top.

1 hour ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

+1 for the accuracy and the fact you're rep is in the red 

lol

on the 12th post he spoketh, and he spoketh the truth

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 7:12 AM, Quantum said:

I could see Tryamkin signing a Professional Tryout contract with Utica at the end of the season... once his KHL season is over and then signing an entry level deal the following year with the hopes of him playing on the big club next season.

Probably the opposite. I've posted this before.

My understanding is drafted players are required to sign an ELC contract which is automatically a two way deal. IE we not only have to sign him to a deal that could pay him $700K if he plays NHL. Which is better than the $500K he might make in the KHL, albeit in rubbles. But slides to an AHL salary of say $80,000 if he does not make the big club.  Even if his KHL deal is devalued in rubbles (which does not matter while u live there, only when you travel oversea's) its still many times better than an AHL salary.

Panarin, for example, was not drafted so could sign a negotiated deal. His deal suggested he would get paid NHL money or had an out clause to return to the KHL versus playing for AHL money.

However, you can sign one, two or three year ELC's. So for example, at the end of this KHL season Tryamkin could sign his ELC but on a 1 year (for the conclusion of this season) ELC with us. And he could play with us or the AHL for the balance of the year. Free money?  But when the contract expires, still at the end of this year > he is then free to negotiate a guaranteed contract in NHL money.

We need to see Tryamkin signed as soon as the KHL season expires!

21 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

However, you can sign one, two or three year ELC's.  ...

No, the entry level contract is automatically the length of time set out in the CBA.  There is no option and even if the contract specified a different time period that specification would be inoperative.  

Under your suggestion, the best players would insist that they would only sign one year entry level deals.  Connor McDavid, Aaron Ekblad and everyone else sign their entry level contracts for the required term with no hint of any discussion that they wanted a shorter term.

Only a team of utter incompetents working for the NHL could leave a loophole that large.

Article 9.1(b) of the CBA reads as follows:

(b) Subject to subsection (c) below, the period covered by the SPC for every Rookie,
and the number of years that such Player will be in the Entry Level System and subject to the
compensation limits set out in this Article
, shall be as indicated on the chart immediately below,
and during such period, the Player shall be deemed to be a "Group 1 Player":
First SPC Signing Age                 Period Covered by First SPC and Years in the Entry Level System
                                                    and Subject to Compensation Limits
18-21                                            3 years
22-23                                            2 years
24                                                 1 year
25 and older                                No required number of years, not in the Entry Level
                                                    System and not subject to limits on compensation

I haven't set out paragraph (c), which provides a 1 year elc provision for Europeans signing from ages 25-27.

21 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

My understanding is drafted players are required to sign an ELC contract which is automatically a two way deal. IE we not only have to sign him to a deal that could pay him $700K if he plays NHL. Which is better than the $500K he might make in the KHL, albeit in rubbles. But slides to an AHL salary of say $80,000 if he does not make the big club. ...

The maximum minor league compensation, including bonus, is set in Article 9.4 at $70,000.

Edited by tyhee
  • Upvote 1