The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, tyhee said:

No, the entry level contract is automatically the length of time set out in the CBA.  There is no option and even if the contract specified a different time period that specification would be inoperative.  

Under your suggestion, the best players insist that they would only sign one year entry level deals.  Connor McDavid, Aaron Ekblad and everyone else sign their entry level contracts for the required term with no hint of any discussion that they wanted a shorter term.

Only a team of utter incompetents working for the NHL could leave a loophole that large.

Article 9.1(b) of the CBA reads as follows:

(b) Subject to subsection (c) below, the period covered by the SPC for every Rookie,
and the number of years that such Player will be in the Entry Level System and subject to the
compensation limits set out in this Article
, shall be as indicated on the chart immediately below,
and during such period, the Player shall be deemed to be a "Group 1 Player":
First SPC Signing Age                 Period Covered by First SPC and Years in the Entry Level System
                                                    and Subject to Compensation Limits
18-21                                            3 years
22-23                                            2 years
24                                                 1 year
25 and older                                No required number of years, not in the Entry Level
                                                    System and not subject to limits on compensation

I haven't set out paragraph (c), which provides a 1 year elc provision for Europeans signing from ages 25-27.

The maximum minor league compensation, including bonus, is set in Article 9.4 at $70,000.

Thanx!

It would be more fun if I was right, but always better to go off the correct information.

20 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Probably the opposite. I've posted this before.

My understanding is drafted players are required to sign an ELC contract which is automatically a two way deal. IE we not only have to sign him to a deal that could pay him $700K if he plays NHL. Which is better than the $500K he might make in the KHL, albeit in rubbles. But slides to an AHL salary of say $80,000 if he does not make the big club.  Even if his KHL deal is devalued in rubbles (which does not matter while u live there, only when you travel oversea's) its still many times better than an AHL salary.

Panarin, for example, was not drafted so could sign a negotiated deal. His deal suggested he would get paid NHL money or had an out clause to return to the KHL versus playing for AHL money.

However, you can sign one, two or three year ELC's. So for example, at the end of this KHL season Tryamkin could sign his ELC but on a 1 year (for the conclusion of this season) ELC with us. And he could play with us or the AHL for the balance of the year. Free money?  But when the contract expires, still at the end of this year > he is then free to negotiate a guaranteed contract in NHL money.

We need to see Tryamkin signed as soon as the KHL season expires!

What I was implying is that any entry leveld eal Tryamkin signs, which is likely a two year deal due to his age, will not come into effect until next season.

However, much like what Hutton did last year (where he signed a pro tryout deal at the end of the AHL season to play with the Comets). I can imagine Benning and co pushing Tryamkin to sign a similar deal once the KHL season ends (because there seasons are shorter then the AHL and NHL seasons) wherein he can get slightly acclimitized to the smaller rink/the organization more intimately before making the leap to the NHL in the 2016/2017 season.

They could also sign him to an entry level deal and play him for a game or two in the regular season, much like they do with College UFAs all the time, but he'd be ineligible for the playoffs if the Canucks can qualify for them. So it would make sense, from a developmental stand point, to push Tryamkin to play a few AHL games before making the leap... smaller ice surfaces and all.

That's what I meant with my comments.

On January 18, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Stierlitz said:

At least I find confirmation that he is injured - the following link of Jan 12 (in Russian) says that Avto is going to the road trip without injured players Simakov, Pankov, Tryamkin and Dubrovsky

http://hoknews.ru/khl/news/37525

Heya Stierlitz,  anything else on Tryamkin ? I'm finding it quiet too.

44 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Heya Stierlitz,  anything else on Tryamkin ? I'm finding it quiet too.

Tryamkin missed the last game on Jan 20 and Avto did not have any games after that due to the KHL All-Star weekend. Let's see if he plays the game tomorrow...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Last night in a very important game to make playoffs Tryamkin played just 3:04 - he got 2min penalty for hit to the head and the game misconduct. In his previous game on Jan 30 he played 20:26 with +1.

When his team is eliminated, can we bring him over?

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

I feel he could step into the bottom pairing next year for the Canucks and be fine. I'm hoping he comes over for next year.

May I ask how many times have you watched Tryamkin play to get a good enough handle to propose  he can even make the team. I'd agree it would be nice but unfortunately I've never seen him play

Edited by Fred65

15 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

I feel he could step into the bottom pairing next year for the Canucks and be fine. I'm hoping he comes over for next year.

Heck, he could step into the bottom pairing this year if we make playoffs.

Ha! Playoffs.