The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

Repeatedly quoting the same tweet that has already been put on here and discussed is entirely useless and annoying.

Nah it's been 10 pages of useless hype and bashing reputable media personalities because CDC doesn't want to accept the fact that Tryamkin cannot play in the NHL this year - it's effin pathetic.  

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Upvote 1

Here’s the Group 2 Free agency clause.

Remember Niks first SPC was signed as a 21yr old with us.

Apparently he needs 3 years of “professional play” to qualify as a Group 2 F/A.

.. but the question is,  is that with the NHL only?

672438D7-5095-4B78-B85B-C2C55F03F82B.jpeg

The other thing to note is that as a player from the KHL there is no transfer agreement stopping him from being signed to the NHL.

He has only need be released by his KHL team to be able to sign at any time to the NHL.

D6C71AB6-0444-4D65-8321-22AD4779A059.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam

38 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

There's not much point in repeatedly parroting some media tweet, as if that must be conclusive. A few years ago, I would have accepted a Dhaliwal tweet as fact, but since he transitioned from being a sports journalist to being a "personality" his credibility has declined dramatically.

What has Rick Dhaliwal been wrong about?

11 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Nah it's been 10 pages of useless hype and bashing reputable media personalities because CDC doesn't want to accept the fact that Tryamkin cannot play in the NHL this year - it's effin pathetic.  

LOL no doubt, seems like everybody in CDC is an insider or a scout just because they got google. Rick Dhaliwal is one of the more credible sources, if he says something, theres weight to it

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

One (the Edler deal) is supposition.  The Tryamkin issue is contract rules.  

True. Just wanted to answer poster with an example of why many seem to feel Dhaliwals credibility has fallen, myself included. In the Edler case he was either being played by the agent or just reporting misc speculations that all turned out to be far from the truth. Not a good look, anyway you see it.

I don't know that he's been wrong in any more factual matters, so I agree there's a difference, but at least for me I no longer trust that he knows what he's tweeting about and that he's not just repeating what some other source has told him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J-P said:

True. Just wanted to answer poster with an example of why many seem to feel Dhaliwals credibility has fallen, myself included. In the Edler case he was either being played by the agent or just reporting misc speculations that all turned out to be far from the truth. Not a good look, anyway you see it.

I don't know that he's been wrong in any more factual matters, so I agree there's a difference, but at least for me I no longer trust that he knows what he's tweeting about and that he's not just repeating what some other source has told him.

Agreed.  When reporters become puppets for GMs and Agents to spread their propaganda, they become simply writers.  They lose credibility for sure.  Still like Dhaliwal though.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  When reporters become puppets for GMs and Agents to spread their propaganda, they become simply writers.  They lose credibility for sure.  Still like Dhaliwal though.  

I will definitely forgive him if he's wrong on this one though - that would mean Big Nik is coming!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Here’s the Group 2 Free agency clause.

Remember Niks first SPC was signed as a 21yr old with us.

Apparently he needs 3 years of “professional play” to qualify as a Group 2 F/A.

.. but the question is,  is that with the NHL only?

His ELC signing age was 22 per CapFriendly:  https://www.capfriendly.com/players/nikita-tryamkin

Edited by mll

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Your /\ 

too type that comment 

whats your point, its says more about you as a person.

cheer up buttercup

Edited by HockeyHarry

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

One (the Edler deal) is supposition.  The Tryamkin issue is contract rules.  

Last year Vegas was going to be allowed to sign a KHL player in April, they didn't but the ground work was okayed.

Last April; it is possible because Tryamkin is already on the Canuck list, the KHL team will release him so if he comes back he will sign with them.

On his way.

Golden Knights sign winger Nikita Gusev to one-year entry-level contract

Gusev will wear No. 17 and is eligible for the playoffs.

By Dalton Mack@dalton_mack  Apr 14, 2019, 8:59pm EDT

Edited by Lazurus
  • Thanks 2

Disappointing he can’t return this season but would still love to see a deal done ASAP to lock him up for a few years.

Still hope he returns to the canucks if he come back to the nhl it might make the transition for our other Russian prospects in the not to distant future a bit easier.   

Obviously rick has seen all the comments towards his tweet and he still hasn’t added to It explaining why, how come, exc..... I feel like if he had something to back up his tweet he would have explained by now, that being said maybe it’s just me hoping he’s wrong for a change haha 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Its a wait and see.

i dont get the bashers, they really got to get help with mental health depression issues.

That's not something you should be joking about or taking lightly, especially giving your post history.  

• Upvote 1