The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

14 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Last year Vegas was going to be allowed to sign a KHL player in April, they didn't but the ground work was okayed.

Last April; it is possible because Tryamkin is already on the Canuck list, the KHL team will release him so if he comes back he will sign with them.

On his way.

Golden Knights sign winger Nikita Gusev to one-year entry-level contract

Gusev will wear No. 17 and is eligible for the playoffs.

By Dalton Mack@dalton_mack  Apr 14, 2019, 8:59pm EDT

The key difference is right in your highlighted text. There are different rules for players signing an ELC and for RFA’s. Tryamkin is an RFA. 

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

That's not something you should be joking about or taking lightly, especially giving your post history.  

You should seek help...im just sayin

cheer up buttercup 

Edited by HockeyHarry

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

The key difference is right in your highlighted text. There are different rules for players signing an ELC and for RFA’s. Tryamkin is an RFA. 

He is already a Canuck as pointed out he is already on their reserve list.

The cap hit can be managed easily even as an emergency (cough, cough) call up. He would not even have to go to the AHL at all.

Speaking of the cap, they are over today by more than 2 million.

6 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

He is already a Canuck as pointed out he is already on their reserve list.

The cap hit can be managed easily even as an emergency (cough, cough) call up. He would not even have to go to the AHL at all.

Speaking of the cap, they are over today by more than 2 million.

He’s an RFA. RFA’s have to be signed by Dec 1st or they’re ineligible to play, whether they’re in the reserve list or not 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He’s an RFA. RFA’s have to be signed by Dec 1st or they’re ineligible to play, whether they’re in the reserve list or not 

Wrong.  Show where in the contract it clearly states your premise.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would the team have had use for Tryamkin's spot on the reserve list if he was intelligible? Why would they put him on there out of hope that he was eligible? Wouldn't they do their homework before they bother putting him on the reserve list? Or is a reserve list spot not that important? 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:
21 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Wrong.  Show where in the contract it clearly states your premise.

Give it up he just a troll.

Tryamkin could be signed and the cap is not an issue.

They do a one year deal, this year, for league minimum and re-sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal for Gudbranson type money with a healthy signing bonus on July 1, in teh meantime they can lend him some money to be paid back. That would be close to Stecher money.

He might not score but he could be what they need to make the playoffs if can prevent even 1/3 of a goal against per game. Between him and Myers they could cover the bottom half of the ice from cross ice passes on a PK, that might be one goal there by itself.

Imagine someone running Pettersson, whenhe was here before he stuck up for players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WiDeN said:

Would the team have had use for Tryamkin's spot on the reserve list if he was intelligible? Why would they put him on there out of hope that he was eligible? Wouldn't they do their homework before they bother putting him on the reserve list? Or is a reserve list spot not that important? 

There is already a post that covers this

Refer to this article before Christmas:

Is Nikita Tryamkin Coming Back? And If So, When? 

SEPTEMBER 29, 2019, 8:00 AM | STEPHAN ROGET

How Soon Can He Return?
Technically speaking, Nikita Tryamkin’s KHL contract expires on April 30, 2020.

In reality, however, he can sign with the Vancouver Canucks as soon as Yekaterinburg Avtomobilist is eliminated from the KHL playoffs—and that could happen while the Canucks still have regular season games on their schedule.
Avtomobilist plays their final regular season game on February 27 against Ak Bars Kazan, and if they don’t make the playoffs at all Tryamkin would be eligible to return then—but Avtomobilist will almost certainly make it to at least the first round.
Beyond that, it’s a guessing game as to when Tryamkin’s KHL season will end. The first round typically ends in early March, the second round by March 22, and the third by early April—the same time the NHL regular season ends.
If Tryamkin’s team makes it all the way to the Gargarin Cup Finals, his contract won’t expire until well into the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs—too late to make a late-season comeback.
What all that means is that Tryamkin could return as early as the final month of the Canucks’ regular season—but that will require Yekaterinburg to once again lose in one of the first two rounds of the KHL playoffs. If not, he won’t be able to return until the beginning of the 2020/21 season.
Does He Have To Pass Through Waivers?
The Vancouver Canucks retain Nikita Tryamkin’s RFA rights and have him on their Reserve List—which means that they can sign him and add him to their roster at any point, regardless of the deadlines that govern other signings from European leagues. He would not have to pass through waivers and could theoretically start suiting up for the Canucks immediately after signing his new contract—following a lengthy flight across several time zones, of course.
It’s still a waiting game for fans eager to see Tryamkin in Canuck colours once again—but at least the game finally has an endpoint in sight.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Give it up he just a troll.

Tryamkin could be signed and the cap is not an issue.

They do a one year deal, this year, for league minimum and re-sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal for Gudbranson type money with a healthy signing bonus on July 1, in teh meantime they can lend him some money to be paid back. That would be close to Stecher money.

He might not score but he could be what they need to make the playoffs if can prevent even 1/3 of a goal against per game. Between him and Myers they could cover the bottom half of the ice from cross ice passes on a PK, that might be one goal there by itself.

Imagine someone running Pettersson, whenhe was here before he stuck up for players.

Where did I say anything about cap space? I pointed out that there are rules regarding RFA’s being signed by Dec 1st. If I’m wrong I’ll admit as much. Can you say the same?  

11 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Where did I say anything about cap space? I pointed out that there are rules regarding RFA’s being signed by Dec 1st. If I’m wrong I’ll admit as much. Can you say the same?  

Well you’re wrong, as proven above.  Tryamkin can be back ASAP.  Glad you admit to being wrong.  

Edited by Alflives

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well you’re wrong, as proven above.  Tryamkin can be back ASAP.  

man that would be fun. Seems the crux of the confusion is around non-affiliated league signings. Some think he can sign, others say he can't. 

But if he can sign, can he be here by Sunday? I would like him to crush some Jets.

Plane Crash GIF by memecandy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

This is the mistake everyone is making including the media guys and they are all wrong. Tryamkin's deal with the Canucks allowed him to return to the KHL, it was allowed under the terms of his NHL deal, at which point he goes on our Reserve List and his rights are protected. Then on Dec 1 st 2019 he is not an RFA, no player who is signed to a contract and is playing is a free agent, they only become a free agent when the contract expires, he was under an approved contract and was on our Reserve list, so the Dec 1st condition does not apply. The idea that when his KHL contract expires or he is released we take a time machine back to Dec 1st is ridiculous and that is not how it works.

Then we have:

8.9 Eligibility for Play in League. No Player shall be eligible for play in the League unless he: (iii) had played hockey outside of North America in prior season and was age 22 or older at time of last Entry Draft and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with League.

I do believe this applies to Tryamkin.

And then here is the Leaf article again:

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/and-now-you-know/2019/1/9/18174522/so-you-heard-a-rumour-about-the-toronto-maple-leafs-signing-a-european-ufa

"They can even join their NHL team after the trade deadline and still play in the playoffs."

The only trick here is that he needs to be released from his contract now, which is exactly what his agent will be working on, after which we can sign him and he can play. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

This feels misleading, & is pretty d*mn frustrating. The info should've been clarified 100%, whether NT is eligible for play in the 2019-20 campaign. This is an important asset, who many fans were really enthusiastic about.

There's some fan(that other site) claiming with certainty, that he'll be dealt at the draft. The uncertainty lends itself to any theory/notion having legs.

He's just the kind of player this franchise desperately needs. I'll be mightyp*ssed if they louse this up.

6 minutes ago, aliboy said:

This is the mistake everyone is making including the media guys and they are all wrong. Tryamkin's deal with the Canucks allowed him to return to the KHL, it was allowed under the terms of his NHL deal, at which point he goes on our Reserve List and his rights are protected. Then on Dec 1 st 2019 he is not an RFA, no player who is signed to a contract and is playing is a free agent, they only become a free agent when the contract expires, he was under an approved contract and was on our Reserve list, so the Dec 1st condition does not apply. The idea that when his KHL contract expires or he is released we take a time machine back to Dec 1st is ridiculous and that is not how it works.

Then we have:

8.9 Eligibility for Play in League. No Player shall be eligible for play in the League unless he: (iii) had played hockey outside of North America in prior season and was age 22 or older at time of last Entry Draft and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with League.

I do believe this applies to Tryamkin.

And then here is the Leaf article again:

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/and-now-you-know/2019/1/9/18174522/so-you-heard-a-rumour-about-the-toronto-maple-leafs-signing-a-european-ufa

"They can even join their NHL team after the trade deadline and still play in the playoffs."

The only trick here is that he needs to be released from his contract now, which is exactly what his agent will be working on, after which we can sign him and he can play. 

If he's released by his KHL team they loose his rights as I understand, not good management considering he's not a guaranteed NHL player. They would want him back in the KHL 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

There are more than you on the forum, it isn't all about you.

The cap thing was a continuation with the idea of signing Tryamkin and anticipating the next "he can"t sign here now because of the cap" comment.

Just as a total off topic comment, teams can make trades even now,but the players cannot play for the remainder of this season and the cap hit counts against this year. Doesn't happen but can.

6 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

If he's released by his KHL team they loose his rights as I understand, not good management considering he's not a guaranteed NHL player. They would want him back in the KHL 

The KHL team tried to re-sign him and he said no, there is nothing they can do except hold him out under spite until his contract expires on April 30th. However, Nik's agent will be telling them that if they want to sign future players, who have options on the other side of the contract, that to act in that way may give them reason to sign with a different team, so it sets a bad precedent. Nik's agent should be able to get him released this week.

• Like 1