The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

What incentive does his KHL club have to release him and make him UFA in KHL if he ever returns there.

And there's a good chance at some point he will return to KHL, maybe 2 yrs or 5 yrs but he will based on his past history.

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

What incentive does his KHL club have to release him and make him UFA in KHL if he ever returns there.

And there's a good chance at some point he will return to KHL, maybe 2 yrs or 5 yrs but he will based on his past history.

“Release me, or I will never come back to Avtomobilist “

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Oh, I thought we started posting like we used to communicate back in the day - Morse Code.  

brilliant! I actually thought yours was a dig on the original outsiders post, which turned out to be a big empty space, and you were trying to entice a response. Its a big empty space similar to the emotionless blank stare I've put on several times these past weeks as the boys struggle to impose their will on the games they are playing.

35 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Being his home team I would think they believe they have a good shot at signing him if he returns. Especially if they do him and favour and let him pursue his NHL career.

Doubt they’d wanna hold him back from playing this season just for a chance to sign him at some unknown point down the road. Could be 10 years from now for all we know.

Edited by DeNiro

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Being his home team I would think they believe they have a good shot at signing him if he returns. Especially if they do him and favour and let him pursue his NHL career.

Doubt they’d wanna hold him back from playing this season just for a chance to sign him at some unknown point down the road. Could be 10 years from now for all we know.

Wishful thinking.

'Good shot' isn't good enough , maybe he'll rather go play in Moscow. No point releasing him, just like Canucks wouldn't release a guy in similar situation.

KHL recently made that rule to discourage teams from doing such a thing.

A small market team, in the middle of Russia half way to Siberia is not going to go against the league's wishes.

Edited by WHL rocks

16 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Interesting that Russian experts believe that Tryamkin is not good enough to play in the NHL and his agent is bluffing when talking about Nikita playing in the NHL, to get better contract with Avto...

Russian propaganda machine engage!!!

Not that the North American propaganda machines are any better.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Lazurus said:

There is already a post that covers this

Refer to this article before Christmas:

Is Nikita Tryamkin Coming Back? And If So, When? 

SEPTEMBER 29, 2019, 8:00 AM | STEPHAN ROGET

How Soon Can He Return?
Technically speaking, Nikita Tryamkin’s KHL contract expires on April 30, 2020.

In reality, however, he can sign with the Vancouver Canucks as soon as Yekaterinburg Avtomobilist is eliminated from the KHL playoffs—and that could happen while the Canucks still have regular season games on their schedule.
Avtomobilist plays their final regular season game on February 27 against Ak Bars Kazan, and if they don’t make the playoffs at all Tryamkin would be eligible to return then—but Avtomobilist will almost certainly make it to at least the first round.
Beyond that, it’s a guessing game as to when Tryamkin’s KHL season will end. The first round typically ends in early March, the second round by March 22, and the third by early April—the same time the NHL regular season ends.
If Tryamkin’s team makes it all the way to the Gargarin Cup Finals, his contract won’t expire until well into the first round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs—too late to make a late-season comeback.
What all that means is that Tryamkin could return as early as the final month of the Canucks’ regular season—but that will require Yekaterinburg to once again lose in one of the first two rounds of the KHL playoffs. If not, he won’t be able to return until the beginning of the 2020/21 season.
Does He Have To Pass Through Waivers?
The Vancouver Canucks retain Nikita Tryamkin’s RFA rights and have him on their Reserve List—which means that they can sign him and add him to their roster at any point, regardless of the deadlines that govern other signings from European leagues. He would not have to pass through waivers and could theoretically start suiting up for the Canucks immediately after signing his new contract—following a lengthy flight across several time zones, of course.
It’s still a waiting game for fans eager to see Tryamkin in Canuck colours once again—but at least the game finally has an endpoint in sight.

I have read that, and it is the opinion that I'm choosing to believe. I don't have the ability to cut through the muddy waters of this conversation, so to me I won't know until Benning puts out a press release. 

My question was more about what the value of a reserve list spot is to the Canucks. Would they be so casual as to put him on that list without knowing he could play? I'm actually asking what that value would be, because I know a spot on the 50 contracts list is pretty valuable to the team, especially as College players are signing. Is a reserve list spot so invaluable that they would put Tryamkin on it without doing their homework to know there was a reason to have him in there? You know what I mean? I'm assuming Benning and his team are not incompetent, and using the fact that he is taking up a spot on a list that wouldn't make any sense for him to be on if Benning didn't think he could play to show that the opinion you quoted is more likely to be correct. But I'm also wondering how strong that thought is by asking what the value of his spot on the reserve list is to the team, because I don't think it would be squandered if it has value. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Interesting that Russian experts believe that Tryamkin is not good enough to play in the NHL and his agent is bluffing when talking about Nikita playing in the NHL, to get better contract with Avto...

Sounds like their "experts" are about as knowledgeable as ours. He was good enough to play in the NHL as a 21 year old, I can't imagine he has regressed in the last few years. Do you think that Avto could possibly compete with an NHL salary offer? Isn't the cap there something like $14 million?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Wishful thinking.

'Good shot' isn't good enough , maybe he'll rather go play in Moscow. No point releasing him, just like Canucks wouldn't release a guy in similar situation.

KHL recently made that rule to discourage teams from doing such a thing.

A small market team, in the middle of Russia half way to Siberia is not going to go against the league's wishes.

So how does it help his team to hold his rights until April 30th..

... and let’s remember , the NHL and KHL have no honorary agreements to transfer or release of players.

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So how does it help his team to hold his rights until April 30th..

... and let’s remember , the NHL and KHL have no honorary agreements to transfer or release of players.

Just like we didn't release his rights and benefited. If he wants to come back to NHL he can only sign with us.

If his KHL club doesn't release him IF/WHEN he goes back to KHL he will only be eligible to sign with Yekaterinburg.

IF they release him he becomes UFA. He can even sign in KHL next season with a different team like St. Petersburg or Moscow. He will be UFA if they release him.

They have absolutely zero incentive to do such a thing.

Unless Aqua talks to the Italian mob and they talk to the Russian mob, perhaps some hockey bags full of Rubles are exchanged. That might help.

Then there's the question of Tram being a group 2 free agent and possibly not eligible to return this season.  

We'll know more over the next couple of days I guess.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1